Once Again, Copy Protection Blocks Paying Customer from Using Legally Licensed Software

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have to rant:

Here i am, owner of licenses for thousands of dollars of music software and, once again, i can't use some of it because suddenly the anti-piracy nonsense is BROKEN and MISBEHAVING.

"Authorization File" for BFD2 is "corrupt."

No known reason. For the second time in a week. This time, i deleted the authorizations and tried to reauthorize, since those are the steps listed on FXpansion's forum. What do i get?

"ERROR. SEE LOG."

What?? Looking down, reading pile of text dumped in the log, i see "too many authorizations."

WHAT?? i only have it installed on two computers. One PC, one Mac. We are allowed THREE. WTF??

What do i do now? Now i get to waste more of my time NOT USING BFD2, while waiting for a response from FXpansion support, hoping they will solve this.

Why? Because PAYING customers aren't good enough to use these products without being ABUSED by anti-piracy tools that eventually harass paying customers. If there's an anti-piracy feature, it WILL screw with you at SOME point.

i'm not sitting here twiddling my thumbs looking for technical nonsense to fiddle with. i'm sitting here trying to MAKE GODDAMNED MUSIC. WHY IS THAT A CRIME? Now i have to do something else till someone fixes whatever has to be fixed on THEIR END.

i'm pissed off! I PAID FOR THIS SOFTWARE.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Easy there susan, dont get your knickers in a twist. Its not life threatening.

No it's not life threatening. It's CREATIVITY KILLING. i don't actually get to the point of making music often enough for technical bullshit to get in the way like this. It's also INSULTING.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

UPDATE: they had me sorted by [just now]. i apologized for my rage, but i'm still seriously bothered by the whole concept of copy-protection violating the paying customers. It's just wrong.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I love a happy ending... :love:

Kriminal wrote:I love a happy ending... :love:
TMI Dave...

:hihi:

Jace-BeOS wrote:UPDATE: they had me sorted by [just now]. i apologized for my rage, but i'm still seriously bothered by the whole concept of copy-protection violating the paying customers. It's just wrong.
There's such a thing as "voting with your feet". If you don't like the copy protection method a company uses, don't buy their products.

There's a number of toys/tools I'd like but won't buy due to the copy protection they use, so I find an alternative, and email the dev's to tell them why I didn't buy their product.

I wasn't experienced with this kind of protection scheme and I was impulsive when I bought it. Then again there's also the fact that I'm not convinced voting of any kind has any affect.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Good luck
Last edited by Sorefingers on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jace-BeOS wrote:UPDATE: they had me sorted by [just now]. i apologized for my rage, but i'm still seriously bothered by the whole concept of copy-protection violating the paying customers. It's just wrong.

I agree! When I want to reinstall my software the copy protection is the ONLY problem. And we paid money for this hassle! lol - mugs.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

I guess I understand where the developers are coming from as far as trying to prevent piracy.

That being said, the multitude of issues people have had with copy protection on the Arturia synths has kept me from buying them, though.

I have Pro Tools 10, but I hate having to keep up with my iLok. The usb key isn't much of an issue with a desktop system that never gets moved, but when you have a Macbook with only two usb ports, taking one port up with the iLok is a pain.

Not to mention having the iLok poking out and getting in the way or getting knocked out.

I bought some issues of Computer Music for my iPad during their Black Friday sale. You have to register on a website to get the videos and software that usually come on a disc. The copy protection they use to make sure you have the actual magazine is the old-school "What word is missing from the headline on page 24?" Reminds me of computer video games in the eighties that would ask you to enter a word from a random page in the manual every time you played them. LOL.

Return to “FXpansion”