Lots of NEWS about new products! Also, I am proud to announce SuperCore Version 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone.

I have been working tirelessly on several new products and new versions of existing products.

==================================================

My first big set of news:

I am proud to present SuperCore Version 2.0:

Full version: http://www.mfelkerco.com/supercore2.png

SuperCore version 1 needed work, to say the least, so I dumped the original design and re-did almost EVERYTHING! It's no longer proprietary and everything just WORKS! More importantly, it has a clean, easy to see and use layout. The sound quality is eons better than the previous version. Improvements were made in every area and new additions make it even more powerful, yet the cpu footprint is now massively reduced and load times are almost negligible.

1 - Loads soundfonts - one per layer with six total layers - just load a sampleset and GO! Gone are all the confusing controls and grids.

2 - Has Enveloping and EQ per layer. Gone are the many volume problems.

3 - Every layer now has the ability to re-map the samples or zone them. Now you can define how and where each layer plays. Each layer continues to have its own MIDI channel (1-16)

4 - Every layer now has the ability to change the pitch by 2 octaves up and down of that layer with a RESET button to easily go back to the original pitch. It just WORKS!

5 - All effects have been improved. Every effect just WORKS now - and really well, I might add. Crystal clean Reverb, Tempo Synced Delay with Panning, Distortion, Chorus/Flanger and full LFO filter with Envelope follower, stereo widening and plenty of filters with sync to keep you tweaking for hours!

The effects have also been re-chained and are now in the following pattern:

Delay, Reverb, Chorus and Distortion run parallel and all go into the compressor, which then feeds into the filtering and out to a limiter before going to the main volume out. This allows SuperCore2 to sound INCREDIBLE and allow you to put as little or as much of each effect as you want.

6 - The Phrase Sequencer was a bit re-worked and now works FLAWLESSLY and EASILY. The Gater is FANTASTIC now and really sounds punchy - or not punchy - you decide.

7 - Still has the overall volume and full mixer section with individual panning and volumes, but they have been tweaked to work even better (and LOUDER)

8 - You can load soundfonts from ANY DRIVE. Presets will be in fxp format, so you can just load them in and GO.

Yes, there will be a core library of at LEAST 50 new sounds in 5 categories, most of which is COMPLETE.

Yes, there will be PRESETS - hopefully around 100 of them - we'll see how many I can get to.

Availability - before Christmas. Price - TBD.

Will there be a much reduced-price upgrade for existing purchasers of SuperCore - YES!

All current expansion sets (Monstrous, BRASSphemy, Vocalsphere, etc) all work with SuperCore V2 already (they all come in soundfont format), so if you own any of these, you already have a vast library of sounds to play with. If you don't own them, they are vastly affordable and sound great!

SuperCore 2 will be available for PRE-ORDER this week.

============================================

My second BIG set of news:

PRIZM, my flagship synth with 16GB library has been re-worked, re-looped and will soon be available in SECTIONS. Buy only those categories you want. I have purposefully made it immediately available in a format SuperCore Version 2 can load and my goodness does it sound INCREDIBLE in SuperCore V2.

I only have one or two sections left to loop and then it is DONE (and you all thought I wasn't working on it)!

Price - TBD. Formats - SF2 for now, but more will follow.

This will be available for PRE-ORDER this week.

Monstrous V2 is really getting close to being completed and I have NOT stopped that to finish up SuperCore V2 and the PRIZM revamp. In fact, I work on each one in segments to try and get them all done close to each other.

My only real work will be the decision to work on fitting all controls to the new GUI or create a whole new Monstrous 2 to FIT the new GUI. Decisions . . . Decisions . . .

Ambience is also almost done - but still lots to do. The actual SYNTH is 100% complete and working and I have done TONS of audio recording with my 5.1 surround recording system. Now I have to edit and convert all that audio data to a format Ambience reads (wave files and soundfonts). It's a LOT of work, but it is getting completed.

What is Ambience, you say? It is a surround sound synth that will have a library of 'scenes' that lay as the backdrop and gaggles of other elements to fill up the scene. Pretty much foley in a synth - and in VSTi format!!! LIVE Surround panners allow you to pan each layer in 3D space and you can LEARN all of these, which allows you to use AUTOMATION in your DAWs and Sequencers. Imagine a FLOCK of birds travelling in the sky while busses and cars whiz on by all the while you are walking on crunchy leaves till you get to a fountain - all in 3D 5.1 surround sound!!!!

Get the picture?

Way more about this exciting product coming soon!

=============================================

Last one for today - I have been working on a new product - currently called Keyz, but I will be renaming it to something else. More than likely, this will become the core library for SuperCore Version 2, but it will be available for purchase on its own.

50 samplesets in 5 categories (10 x 5) that you can use for your music - keys, organs, synths, plucked instruments, basses and more - all BRAND NEW sounds and meticulously created and recorded.

Audio demos will be coming soon.

==============================================

That's it for now. I will talk more about each of these as they are finished and go up for Pre-Sale.

Mike
Last edited by Karmacomposer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

will there be a Mac audio-unit version ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:will there be a Mac audio-unit version ?
Alas this is synthedit bourne, so not in THIS incarnation. However, ALL of my samplesets will come in another format that is Mac and PC, 32 bit and 64 bit, so all is not lost - it just won't be SuperCore v2 in synth or spirit.

Also, since Synthedit is on the VERGE of going 64 bit, there is a good chance this will soon be 64 bit. HOWEVER, some of the modules I use MAY NOT be 64 bit and their creators may not be so quick to re-author them in 64 bit, so we will see what I do and how it affects SuperCore, v2.

In the meantime, it works screamingly well on my Windows 7, 64 bit system as is.

Mike

Hey Karma,
Congrats for the new stuff.
Don't bother answering realmarco he doesn't care about your synths, he just want you to say "PC ONLY"

Cheers
David

Totolitoto wrote:Hey Karma,
Don't bother answering realmarco he doesn't care about your synths, he just want you to say "PC ONLY"

Cheers
David
NP. The good news is that all of my sounds will now be available in vsti format in PC and Mac versions, in both 32 bit and 64 bit, but my synths, until further notice, will be PC ONLY (lol).

Mike

Ambience sounds interesting. Always looking for more foley effects.

Cheers
David
thats exactly what i tought also..

..anyway, it isn't lack of quality if it's synthedit and/or pc only.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:

Cheers
David
thats exactly what i tought also..

..anyway, it isn't lack of quality if it's synthedit and/or pc only.
SuperCore 2 sounds amazing, so the quality is just fine.

I have heard plenty of Synthedit synths that sound as good a major brand synths. It depends on what kind of synth. In my case, these are romplers, so the sound samples dictate the sound quality overall.

Mike

shadoe42 wrote:Ambience sounds interesting. Always looking for more foley effects.
I have wanted a foley vsti synth and not too many choices were available, so I decided to create my own. Since I do sound design and have the proper recording hardware (and in 5.1 surround), why not!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback. Ambience will definitely be in a niche all its own when it comes out.

Mike

Will there be an upgrade discount on Prizm for those of us who have the original version? (Love the sounds, by the way.)
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote:Will there be an upgrade discount on Prizm for those of us who have the original version? (Love the sounds, by the way.)
Thank you.

I am calling it PRIZM Disected.

You will be able to purchase just those categories you want.

There WILL be a discount for owners of PRIZM.

It will be available for pre-order THIS WEEK.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:
realmarco wrote:will there be a Mac audio-unit version ?
Alas this is synthedit bourne, so not in THIS incarnation. However, ALL of my samplesets will come in another format that is Mac and PC, 32 bit and 64 bit, so all is not lost - it just won't be SuperCore v2 in synth or spirit.

Also, since Synthedit is on the VERGE of going 64 bit, there is a good chance this will soon be 64 bit. HOWEVER, some of the modules I use MAY NOT be 64 bit and their creators may not be so quick to re-author them in 64 bit, so we will see what I do and how it affects SuperCore, v2.

In the meantime, it works screamingly well on my Windows 7, 64 bit system as is.

Mike
the Mac side has Synth-maker which is like synth-edit as far as i know(i dont use it)

@marco

If I remember, most of his stuff can be had in various formats and does not always need his dedicated player. Check his website. I am not sure what samplers are available for mac, but something like kontakt or whatever your daw has built in should handle multiple formats. I think he offers them in like .wav, kontakt, .sfz, or whatever.

Panphobia wrote:@marco

If I remember, most of his stuff can be had in various formats and does not always need his dedicated player. Check his website. I am not sure what samplers are available for mac, but something like kontakt or whatever your daw has built in should handle multiple formats. I think he offers them in like .wav, kontakt, .sfz, or whatever.
Ah ! didnt know it was a Rompler. thanks im gonna check it out

That is correct. I have the PC only synths (Synthmaker, btw, is also PC only and has been discontinued or melded into FL Studio) for sale, but for my Mac friends and those that want to use 64 bit versions, I do have a simplified Rompler format that is available in both Mac and PC, 32 and 64 bit versions.

I also make my samples available in a wide variety of formats that work on all systems.

www.supersynths.com

Mike

Return to “Instruments”