How to route audio to TX16Wx from Cubase or Ableton Live?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to record samples in TX16Wx, but I haven't figured out how to get an audio signal from either of my DAWs to register in TX16Wx.

CUBASE: In Cubase, there is no obvious way to do this at all. I tried creating a group track and sending an instrument track's audio to the group track, but nothing seems to get to the TX16Wx plugin.

ABLETON LIVE: In Live, I've tried sending an instrument track's "Audio To" to the TX16Wx track, and also tried using Send A for the instrument track's audio, then setting Return track A's "Audio To" to the TX16Wx track, but when I'm in the plugin's sample editor, it's not able to record anything and the VU meter doesn't register any activity, whether or not the L button is activated. In both cases, "1/2-TX16Wx" appears beneath my selected audio track, but is grayed out. I assume that those are inputs exposed by the TX16Wx plugin.

What is the proper way to route audio from either of these DAWs into TX16Wx so I can record samples from them? I did check the manual and the quick start guide, and can't find anything about input configuration.

Thanks!

In Cubase I use jsoundbus http://www.jaltoh.6x.to/ and Bidule.

I have jsoundbus transmitting from a send (FX or Group channel insert), and have TX in a Bidule instrument in the rack (Bidule in the instrument rack, TX loaded in Bidule along with a jsoundbus reciever). This is the only way I know of doing it - with Bidule and jsoundbus. I've never gotten senderella to work, and TX doesn't take a sidechain input as far as I know.

I've been told at some point a special VST (FX) plugin will be added for non modular hosts to do what jsoundbus does that will feed TX directly.

makerprofaze wrote:I've been told at some point a special VST (FX) plugin will be added for non modular hosts to do what jsoundbus does that will feed TX directly.
Nice. That's how the NI instruments seem to do it.

Thanks for the info on jsoundbus, too.

rg

Return to “CWITEC”