Mach Five 3- next level s**t

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GospelMusicians wrote:
dayjob wrote:still wishing this wasn't iLok. i'd buy it if it wasn't.

whatta drag. 1st world problems.
I remember telling myself that I would never, ever, ever in a million years purchase anything with iLok....Haha...I know!

Now I'm bringing out my first UVI/MachFive Library....Never say what you would never do...haha!
i'm in the process of selling all my iLok plug ins so machfive 3 is out for me sadly.

HM wrote:Has it improved, does MOTU now support both Windows, users, and products ?

becourse this thing sure looks nice :wink:
Yep. MF3 working here on W7 without a hitch.

I just wanted to give my little bit of reaction from a developer's standpoint and as a person who has just released a UVI/MachFive Library for sale. Mind you, I am in no way bashing or downing Kontakt as I have two Player libraries with them and have a good relationship with them and the platform...With that said...

I like the following about MachFive 3
1. Synthesis...
2. Very, very, very easy to navigate and see all of the layers/zones/samples
3. Double Click to enter a numeric value on GuI. Sounds simple, but very helpful
4. I like how the GUI stands alone without any extra logo or icons that need to be there
5. No 4 slot limit for folders
6. No slot limit for scripts. Unlimited scripts and you can place the scripts anywhere in the chain
7. The Effects are very, very professionally done. Very good effects
8. Ircam stretch is my secret weapon, so I can't' divulge too much on how I use it, but wow :)
9. Fast turnaround on libraries...so you can get right down to selling and making money
10. They launched an email blast to their own list of users. Not sure if I get to have that all the time, but really helps.

I have a ton of features I do like, but the bottom line is the big question everyone wants to know.....What about the iLok thing!

Well....It is not as bad as I thought. In fact, I have had no upset customers at all. Many already have them and I have added a ton of new customers, because there is this little "cult-like" following with UVI of tons of users all over the world. My orders are way more non-US, but who cares :).

So far, I'm very pleased and I will continue to use both for now, but I have to say I am pleased with the results.

The bottom line with anything....If you create something people want, they will find a way to get it. Best of all, I like being able to offer upgrades that you know won't be cracked. With K, you cross your fingers on offering an upgrade for an existing product, because you are afraid that a non-purchaser will just get the upgrade and crack it. Like many others, your heart drops a little when you see your libraries on the cracked site and you see your sales dramatically dwindle down to nothing. That's what happend to my Neo-Soul Suitcase.....The day it got cracked, I literally almost saw no sales and the site that cracked it told me that I should be grateful to him that he chose my product, because it was "free marketing" for me....

Here is my product below:

Gospel Musicians releases Pure Sine Synth Plugin for UVI Player Workstation and MachFive 3.

Capitalizing on UVI/MachFive's built in wavetable and analog synthesis, Pure Sine focuses on bringing pure sines, pulses, saws, square, and triangle waves used in today's modern hip-hop, R&B, trance, dub-step, and urban genres. Pure Sine's interface focuses on the most important synthesis controls in order to quickly program leads, basses, kicks, 808s, pads, effects, blips and a new urban stacked sine pad used in live gigs and on many pop albums. The only samples used for the sound creation are the EP's and strings to produce the sine pad, but the rest of the waveforms are produced using MachFive's extensive wavetable and analog synthesis algorithms.

Pure Sine takes advantage of UVI's advanced scripting engine to provide an extensive GUI and built-in scripts to take advantage of the classic analog sounding legato, portamento, and glide functions needed to produce the classic slide/glide sound for synth basses and leads that do not re-trigger if played in a legato fashion.

Main Features:
  • - ASDR Envelope
    - Mono/Poly Mode
    - Legato Mode.
    - Glide Time slider.
    - Sub Oscillator switch and level.
    - Able to adjust the pitch bend up/down amount.
    - Mod Wheel LFO for classic "Wobble" bass sound.
    - LFO able to sync to host DAW.
    - MIDI Learn function for all controls.
    - Octo switch for instant octave bass and lead sounds.
    - New Advanced portamento function to produces glide between notes,
    even when they are played in a non-overlapping fashion.
    - 4-Band EQ.
    - Tape Delay effect.
    - Dedicated Octave Buttons for high leads and low basses.
    - Works with UVI Free Player
Video Demo on Features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPEm3IET-w

Audio Demos:
http://soundcloud.com/gospelmusicians/s ... n-for-uvi/

Visit: http://store.gospelmusicians.com/Pure_Sine/ for more Info!

Sale Price: $79.99
GospelMusicians.com - #1 Site for Gospel Musicians.

NeoSoulKeys.com - One of the Most Authentic, Realistic, and buttery EP

Great news, checking it out now- I love the synthesis in MF3.

(And yeh the ilok thing- I used to swear and cuss and swear I'd never get one.... but then I got one and now it's no big deal... except remembering to take it with me when I go out and about!)

Great to see you right at the beginning of, hopefully, a huge movement. MachFive3 is an amazing piece of software.

EvilDragon wrote:
HM wrote:Has it improved, does MOTU now support both Windows, users, and products ?

becourse this thing sure looks nice :wink:
Yep. MF3 working here on W7 without a hitch.
Thanks for the feedback ,.. good news :) (use 3770K w 16 GB Ram)
HM

GospelMusicians wrote: Here is my product below:

Gospel Musicians releases Pure Sine Synth Plugin for UVI Player Workstation and MachFive 3.

It takes some balls to charge $80 for a sine wave.

Hahaha....There is more than just a Sine:
- Sine
- Saw
- Pulse
- Square
- Triangle

This library is not for the super engineer that could probably make any sound out of a gum wrapper....

It is for the the producer guy that just simply wants to get going with his "go-to" synth bass and sine lead with the main controls he needs. We will probably add filters and some other advanced controls soon.

Remember this plug is geared towards the urban producer and some of the sounds I have on there are very custom and signature. For example that Urban Sine Stack is a very "underground" and exclusive sound that many producers have had a hard time making until now.

So basically I'm the producer with his "ear to the streets" so I know what my gospel, hip-hop, R&B, trance, and dub-step guys are looking for. They want to load up a patch and get going without tweaking :).

Signature Underground sounds is what this thing offers...
MrDuke wrote:
GospelMusicians wrote: Here is my product below:

It takes some balls to charge $80 for a sine wave.
GospelMusicians.com - #1 Site for Gospel Musicians.

NeoSoulKeys.com - One of the Most Authentic, Realistic, and buttery EP

Few questions.

I really like MachFive 3. It's super versatile and can do almost any kind of sounds. It's great sampler etc.

But I feel I don't get everything out of it. I think the biggest problem is the lack of 3rd party sample libraries.

So what I want to know from other Mach5 users: do you use sample libraries meant to be used in other sampler for example in Kontakt? How well that works? Any other hints?

MachFive imports Kontakt libraries without scripts and unprotected. Try it...

A question- has anyone used OSC with MF3 successfully yet? All I get is crashes.

Can you elaborate regarding OSC?

which platform?
do you have crash logs (send them in PM)?
when did it crash? setting up the osc server? receiving messages?

Well sending OSC into MF3 causes it to crash. I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.8
Actually I downloaded the 3.12 update last night and it no longer crashes- now it turns off the OSC server in MF3 as soon as it receives a message (un-ticks the OSC "on" box) but does not crash.

Don't have crash logs now as it stopped crashing..just not working!

Do you have OSC working?

Thanks

pinki wrote:Well sending OSC into MF3 causes it to crash. I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.8
Actually I downloaded the 3.12 update last night and it no longer crashes- now it turns off the OSC server in MF3 as soon as it receives a message (un-ticks the OSC "on" box) but does not crash.

Don't have crash logs now as it stopped crashing..just not working!

Do you have OSC working?

Thanks
It's working as expected here, do you have MaxMSP?
Here's a simple Patch to change the Gain of the first Part:

Code: Select all

----------begin_max5_patcher----------
352.3ocqS00aBCBE8Y5uBBO6TnZWy1a6o85deZVvBprzdookt0Mi+2GP+vpI
M51LjTBm6o2ONbXe.hrVWKKI3GwuhQn8AHjGxAfZOiHY75jTdomFAjepW+NY
RSHir13gyKj4RPfWRlU8gZ1K7BClN6YtBVR5HuQCFfmI8+vSEJdZWDkviYS7
cwcXPUlBRkFeYYCRQo5aeJXKlRagy4ljcJX6aExDSyzDRisgsjX9s3P2V37o
T7piEPWYNuBMPluxkM4gPvqbQNDD39L4JkoMoZa9u7jamQUlknM.sebFHGQ8
D40cDY8DuQZDyUZbD8BRT3XRjcX4FxDLYMG192zqQrUUh7RmshEZ6T6hgiVL
Oj8qbTraripwJwt+gKHWzAxfmBIUAm+XyWGG9oZSotpHoSdaeVfOVHgrzn.t
QogAbXmvYmRHj9vzdulHWq.SaKLx8z01QQWQGE+O5H6gCA+.8+WD6B
-----------end_max5_patcher-----------
if the checkbox is unticked, it probably means the OscServer has trouble binding to the UDP bort, maybe try with a different one.

Hey thanks- you are the first to mention you have it working successfully. No mention of this brilliant facility at Motunation at all.

I don't have Max/Msp- I'm using Jazz Mutant Lemur, but I'll see what else I have that generates OSC. I have Bidule, maybe that will. I have tried different port numbers to no avail.

Return to “Instruments”