What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRian

1289 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi theres, i just bought a Mac book pro and I'm having an issue when I load my cubase project (written on Win7) onto Mac OSX cubase... Punch multi wont load in projects, Punch VST is loaded in its place. If I delete Punch VST from folder, leaving Punch Multi, Punch Multi 'cannot be found' by cubase. Strange though I can then load a fresh Punch Multi in the !!!Punch Multi!!! problem slot in the instrument rack, but then I of course will loose my channel effects and settings.

What the fudge is going on?

Also, Predator isn't called predator?? It doesn't seemlessly load when taking projects from Win 7 to OSX. Why is this so?? Please help!

Thank you
Simon
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm

...this is Cubase 6.5.4 btw... and Punch v1.0.3d, OSX 10.8.2
KVRAF

3452 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:18 am

That is odd, for Punch it should be ok, so we will investigate. This might be a Cubase issue, since it might be loading via vst id rather than name. Punch / Punch Multi have the same vst id (so they load in the same presets etc) but not the same name, so causing Cubase to have problems but we will check.

Is this the 32 or 64 bit version of Cubase / Punch you are using ?

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 am

x64
Cheers Jon
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 am

Hi there

So just to be sure, when you select Cubase, and click on "Get Info", the "Open in 32-bit mode" is unclicked, so Cubase is opening in 64 bit mode.

So I would do the following

- download 64 bit mac Punch from our download page at www.robpapen.com
- run the uninstaller in it, and then reinstall with your serial
- make sure both normal & multi version are installed in library/audio/plugins/Rob Papen/Punch
- open up Cubase, and go into the devices / plugin information and make sure that Punch & Punch-Multi are there

and then try again, let me know how things go.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:39 pm

yes, already running in 64bit mode :)
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 pm

yes Punch and PunchMulti are loadable in Cubase 64bit
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:55 pm

You haven't said, has this helped in any way ?

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 am

I've had this done all along. My Cubase is running in 64bit mode, I downloaded and installed the x64 versions of my Papen plugs... both are in the library, both load in Cubase. The problem is, when I open a project, PunchMulti gets replaced by stereo Punch, and Cubase removes my other Punch channels. I then remove "Punch" from the VST folder and load the project again, i get error 'cubase can't find PunchMulti'.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 am

Hi there

On checking there was a problem with vst-id between, so what we will do is create a'cross-platform' version of Mac Punch Multi, that will allow you to swap between the two platforms. This should be ready in the next day or two, as soon as it's up and running we'll let you know, and thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 am

Thank you and no problems!

Also, Predator must do the same? I haven't had the chance to use it on the Mac yet and the project I loaded had no Predator in it, but I am working on a track with a friend who also owns Predator and when I gave him Cubase projects made in Win7, he told me Predator wouldn't load in the Mac Cubase.

ANyways, thanks again!
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 am

Yes, Predator has the same vstid differences, and it is something we are looking into fixing in the near future.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 am

We have updated the Mac PunchMulti, so that it should have the same VSTID as the PC PunchMulti, this means you should be able to load PC songs with PunchMulti on the Mac now. You'll need to download Punch from the download page, run the uninstaller and then run the installer, re-entering your serial when asked to.

If your still having problems, just let us know.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:24 pm

yes it looks like the plugin loads properly now.
Except into the projects i've been working on meanwhile :P

Can't win them all.

Cheers and thank you!

Simon
Last edited by sqigls on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KVRian

Postby sqigls; Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:36 pm

P.S. it would be super nice if there was a "program only" or "plugin only" download. A 340MB download may be squat to most, but to me it takes ages and uses up my limited resources.
Next

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen