One-Synth-Challenge 47: Bazille - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WOW, what a complex instrument!

One month is not too much time to learn to control this monster. I played a while now with this synth and is definitely made for sound designers.
But when I played some sounds polyphonic, the CPU was hugh, like in Diva. Is there anywhere a quality setting like in Diva. I think Bazille is allways in Devine-mode!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

photonic wrote:WOW, what a complex instrument!

One month is not too much time to learn to control this monster. I played a while now with this synth and is definitely made for sound designers.
But when I played some sounds polyphonic, the CPU was hugh, like in Diva. Is there anywhere a quality setting like in Diva. I think Bazille is allways in Devine-mode!
No quality setting yet... and no multicore support either... it requires some rendering/freezing... but there is no other synth like Bazille!

Holly sh..... is there any computer who can cope with this CPU monster can anybody tell me what computer hardware you need to play that monster mine start to conplain and i have load only one bazille vst ah... have to sample a lot.

Fabrizio :help:

Whow this is a great little modular! So easy to patch that you sometimes forget to save a preset ;-)

GL to every one!

I'd very much like to participate in this challenge, but am just wondering why we can't bounce down kick and percussion sounds that are made with bazille?
I understand it's a synth challenge and all but this would save a lot on cpu demand and the patches could be provided.

We can bounce percussions and stuff, if it is for cpusaving purposes!

Since the idea behind is to get the best out of the synth, there is sense to not bounce a kick, just to make it constant...

...but if it is for cpu-saving, feel free to bounce it! ;)
https://audile.shop - the quality controlled sound shop
http://bjulin.de

Exactly as you say. :tu:

Yes Bazille sure is a CPU muncher, but all part of the challenge. There's no denying it sounds great though and hopefully some will break their duck with modular synthesis and find it not as daunting as it might seem.

SKYZONE wrote:Holly sh..... is there any computer who can cope with this CPU monster can anybody tell me what computer hardware you need to play that monster mine start to conplain and i have load only one bazille vst ah... have to sample a lot.

I think this month we will all need to resort to bouncing/freezing/sampling or whatever else your DAW calls the feature :(

I'm just glad I upgraded my computer a few months ago, and it seems to handle at least a few instances of this monster. But I had never seen the CPU indicator go nearly as high before on this machine, ever. It is an i7-3820 processor (quad-core with hyperthreading and turbo enabled, base frequency 3.6GHz).

It sounds really good though, and I love the flexibility of being able to route any output to any input. There is no distinction of audio vs. control signals, so for example you can even use some of the oscillators as very complex LFOs, or do other crazy things like that. This month will be a really good learning opportunity for me on modular synthesis.

Bjulin wrote:We can bounce percussions and stuff, if it is for cpusaving purposes!

Since the idea behind is to get the best out of the synth, there is sense to not bounce a kick, just to make it constant...

...but if it is for cpu-saving, feel free to bounce it! ;)
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was a bit unsure after reading through the rules. Looks like I'll be participating then :)

adagiocm wrote:
SKYZONE wrote:Holly sh..... is there any computer who can cope with this CPU monster can anybody tell me what computer hardware you need to play that monster mine start to conplain and i have load only one bazille vst ah... have to sample a lot.

I think this month we will all need to resort to bouncing/freezing/sampling or whatever else your DAW calls the feature :(

I'm just glad I upgraded my computer a few months ago, and it seems to handle at least a few instances of this monster. But I had never seen the CPU indicator go nearly as high before on this machine, ever. It is an i7-3820 processor (quad-core with hyperthreading and turbo enabled, base frequency 3.6GHz).

It sounds really good though, and I love the flexibility of being able to route any output to any input. There is no distinction of audio vs. control signals, so for example you can even use some of the oscillators as very complex LFOs, or do other crazy things like that. This month will be a really good learning opportunity for me on modular synthesis.
Thanks Adagiocm is a great honest help !! :wink:

No problem Fabrizio. I didn't think I was able to offer much help though :?

Hey guys

Got recommendations for a good vintage style 64-bit freeware EQ?

Also don't forget Klanghelm free compressor, its ace.

http://www.klanghelm.com/DC1A.html
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Hey Aiyn,

I don't know of any EQ that meets all 3 of your criteria (vintage style, free, 64-bit). There are certainly quite a few that are 32-bit as I'm sure you also know. I've been using a bunch of 32-bit plugins in Sonar-x64 without any problems.

In the 64-bit realm, I've recently discovered the Blue Cat Triple EQ, and I quite like it. It is not vintage style by any means, but it has some nice features, sounds good, and is nicely automatable without any sound artifacts.

Aiynzahev wrote:Got recommendations for a good vintage style 64-bit freeware EQ?
Kuassa basiQ maybe?

V'ger wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Got recommendations for a good vintage style 64-bit freeware EQ?
Kuassa basiQ maybe?
wow how did I miss this one? Baxter was the only EQ of this kind I knew about in freeware!

I love Baxandall style EQs if Baxter and Tube Sat are anything to go by.

I definitely prefer preset curve configurations to paragraphic eqs.

Thanks
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”