SonicBirth v2 alpha

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

makira wrote:
zmix wrote:Bad Crash when I attempt to connect the output node of this SB2 algo:

http://www.zmix.net/SB2/DiffuseDelay.sb2au
Fixed:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fdr80mhcfv6lbp ... u.zip?dl=1

Basically, the z-1 element was not connected in a way that should be allowed.

I'm in a hurry so I'll explain in more details later. I'll probably have to rething the whole feedback mechanism.

Cheers!
Is seems nested Feedback loops are problematic...?

The z-1 element can't be placed anywhere in the loop, it has to be placed right before connecting back to an element that has already been traversed by the parser which starts at the output and recursively climbs the input of each module.

I've been placing them correctly subconsciously...

There's two way to fix the crash you had:
1) Fix the code so z-1 elements can only be connected when they are at the right place.
2) Automatically insert them at the right place

I'm leaning toward 2, but it is non-trivial to implement.

In any case, here's a new alpha, with a bunch of added mathematical functions.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/f8lufrjtzx7odj ... 2.zip?dl=1

makira wrote:In any case, here's a new alpha, with a bunch of added mathematical functions.
Thanks!

Hi Makira,

One request: Can you -please- rename the program "SonicBirth2" (or even "SonicBirthDeux")?

I need to have the original version available and open if I am to be able to port my old algos.

Merci..!

zmix wrote:Hi Makira,

One request: Can you -please- rename the program "SonicBirth2" (or even "SonicBirthDeux")?

I need to have the original version available and open if I am to be able to port my old algos.

Merci..!
I often use both versions at the same time without any issues, even if they have the same name.
Just don't put them in the same folder, though if you really need to, you can rename SB v1 to SonicBirth1.app, it should still work fine.

Thank you for this great update.
Hi, i have made a simple mid-side processor. :wink:
One question: how to reset default values of the sliders by click?
Lorenzo
Last edited by krenzo2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There seems to be some missing posts from the last few days...

Update: no, forget that...

Anyone tested the Windows VST export feature ?

I 've been creating "circuits" using the circuit module, and saving them.
I cannot figure out how to load them into an existing design.. perhaps this functionality isn't implemented?

zmix wrote:I 've been creating "circuits" using the circuit module, and saving them.
I cannot figure out how to load them into an existing design.. perhaps this functionality isn't implemented?
Save your circuits in ~/Documents/SonicBirth/Circuits/ and then relaunch SonicBirth.
They will appear under the User category.

Thank you..!

Next Question: My Circuits, once opened indicate that they are "LOCKED".

How can I unlock them so that I can edit them further?

Edit menu -> unlock.

You'll have to re-save and relaunch SB for the change to take effect.
zmix wrote:Thank you..!

Next Question: My Circuits, once opened indicate that they are "LOCKED".

How can I unlock them so that I can edit them further?

makira wrote:The z-1 element can't be placed anywhere in the loop, it has to be placed right before connecting back to an element that has already been traversed by the parser which starts at the output and recursively climbs the input of each module.
I've been placing them correctly subconsciously...
There's two way to fix the crash you had:
1) Fix the code so z-1 elements can only be connected when they are at the right place.
2) Automatically insert them at the right place

I'm leaning toward 2, but it is non-trivial to implement.
Today I am experiencing repeated crashes whenever I attempt to cross couple two delay lines to set up a feedback loop. I do not completely understand your statement about the z-1 element placement:
..it has to be placed right before connecting back to an element that has already been traversed by the parser which starts at the output and recursively climbs the input of each module.
In what sequence are elements traversed by the parser?

It seems that I get a crash whenever I connect the z-1 element, however if the final outputs are disconnected, I can connect the circuit internally, but it will crash as soon as the output node is connected.
Last edited by zmix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

makira wrote:Edit menu -> unlock.
A suggestion: Please allow the : Edit menu -> unlock command to be active while you are "inside" a prebuilt circuit. It is currently greyyed out while you are examining the innards.

makira wrote:Anyone tested the Windows VST export feature ?
Not yet... Not one Windows user at my workplace (but over 100 various Mac models...).

In fact, if the few next alphas could include some of my needed features, I could release some plug-ins in the wild and monitor the response.

What I need: boolean argument, indexed argument, XY pad argument, sample delay with property length in samples and the piecewise circuit.

Thanks!

Return to “SonicBirth”