MAGIX Independence (User-Thread???)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...and still no solution, even after developers themselves sent me a file that was supposed to help with activation.

I'm more and more compelled to ask for a refund. But I am going to wait till I finalize my DAW computer, and will try a completely fresh install on a completely fresh computer there. I cannot afford to format my laptop just for one program who seems to be stubborn to activate. I have NEVER EVER EVER had any problems with any other activation method, serial, C-R, iLok, until I purchased Independence here. It's a pain in the ass.

I am trying a fresh install of Independence Pro 3.1 from Magix after receiving the e-mail from them today advising that my Yellow Tools information had been migrated there. I see that there are no sound library files available to download from Magix (other than Independence Free). I have the YT Independence Pro 2 Library disks, as well as the YT Independence Pro 2.5 "e-license" library zip files (about 15 of these) that contain the .ytif files. Can I use either of these for the library files for my install of Independence Pro 3.1 from Magix, or do I need a new set of disks from Magix? Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Your old .ytif files should work. I'm still using the same Yellow Tools image files I downloaded almost three years ago, which was before Independence 3.0 was released, and they're working fine with Independence 3.1.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

Thank you! Since I posted here Magix Support actually e-mailed me back with a link to download the installer, which then downloads the Pro library files. They suggested using this instead of the original files because of the change in licensing that others have described here - we'll see how it goes.

A few other questions, if you don't mind - Origami is included in this Independence Pro, correct? Where exactly would I find it? Is it in the FX VST? Also, I only see the 64-bit version of the VST - is there no longer a 32 bit version?

Thanks!!

bharris22 wrote:...Origami is included in this Independence Pro, correct? Where exactly would I find it? Is it in the FX VST? Also, I only see the 64-bit version of the VST - is there no longer a 32 bit version?

Thanks!!
All I can tell you is that Origami is included with my installation of Independence Pro, so I assume it's a standard feature. I didn't buy it separately. To find it, go to "Add Insert FX" or "Add Insert FX Bank" in the "Insert FX" section of the Modules view for any layer, and look in the "Special" section at the bottom of the contextual menu, where you can choose Origami or Origami LE. I presume it would be in the FX VST section if you installed the VST content. I didn't.

As for your question about the 64-bit vs. 32-bit versions, I don't know the answer. For my part, I only use Indie Pro as a plugin in Logic Pro 9.1.7, which is 64-bit native. Any 32-bit plugins will run through Logic's 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge app, but I try to avoid that whenever possible.

I'm not clear on why you'd want to use 32-bit if your system is capable of running 64-bit.
Logic Pro v9.1.8; OS X 10.10.5; Mac Pro 6.1 6-Core 3.5 GHz, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD; Genelec S-30BNF tri-amped monitors

Found it - thank you!

As for 64-bit, when I first installed this Windows 7 system not all of my VSTs and drivers had 64-bit versions available. Thus, it seemed easier to me at the time to stick with what worked - I use the 32-bit version of Reaper, and the 32-bit versions of most of my VSTs. Eventually I will install the 64-bit version of Reaper and get my 64-bit versions of my VSTs together, but if I understand correctly there is not a sound quality gain in using the 64-bit versions. The difference as I understand it is in performance - my 32-bit Reaper music setup, even on a 64-bit Windows 7 system, will only access 4 Gb of RAM - is that correct?

bharris22 wrote:...if I understand correctly there is not a sound quality gain in using the 64-bit versions. The difference as I understand it is in performance - my 32-bit Reaper music setup, even on a 64-bit Windows 7 system, will only access 4 Gb of RAM - is that correct?
Right...it doesn't refer to the audio bit depth (as in 16-bit vs. 24-bit, etc.). It refers to the memory addressing ability of the application.

That's the way it worked in Logic running in OS X. Before Logic went to the 64-bit version, it didn't matter that the OS X and the Mac had 64-bit memory addressing. Logic could only use 4GB of RAM. The advantage of 64-bit applications is the ability to address more memory, and I assume the same applies in Windows.

Thanks!

I'm crossing this from another Independence thread and replying to my own post:
antithesist wrote:During one of Yellow Tools' promotions, I bought one of the cheapest libraries on sale to get Origami for free. I received an email today about the change over. It looked like I was kind of screwed since Origami no longer seems to be a product. No big deal, I thought, I only paid about $15 for Electronic Drums or whatever it was.

Then I came back to looking at what was offered after a runaround at Best Service. Anyway, I may be wrong, but it seems that not only did they upgrade me to Independence Pro application (just the free lib, though), which should have the Origami functionality, but also upgraded my approximately 125 MB Electronic Drums lib to the well over a gig Acoustic and Electronic Drums.

Both the Independence Pro app and the bigger drum lib sell for $65 each. I should be able to do away with the old Independence Free and Origami, and have everything under one hood including the excellent free Halls of Fame demo IR's and the Independence Free content. That's not bad for 15 bucks.

Oh, plus I can get Samplitude Pro X for $250, but I'm on a Mac. It does sound like a good deal, though.
Well, I have my migrated Independence Pro Software Suite 3.1, upgraded Acoustic & Electronic Drums library, and the Independence Free library installed and authorized under the new Magix system.

I gave up trying to figure out how to integrate the Halls of Fame demo. The new library/preset structure is different and more like Engine, I think. It's probably possible, but for now, I'll just leave YT Origami installed. I can, however, now eliminate the older YT Independence Free.

I wonder if and how they will make more IR's available for Oragami within the new Independence. I guess Samplitude has it's own convolution reverb, so I suppose they could crossover some of those libraries. Anyway, I'm happy with the migration and free upgrades.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I just finished installing the Independence Pro library files that I downloaded with the installer Magix sent me. Everything, including registration, went off without a hitch. I must say they were a pleasure to deal with.

Lucky you. I still don't have it activated, for god knows what reason.

EvilDragon wrote:Lucky you. I still don't have it activated, for god knows what reason.
Looks like we are in the same boat. Got this issue when I installed Inde Pro 3.1 for the first time on Win7. (Never had such issues with 2.x on WinXP) Awaiting reply from Magix, will keep you updated.

There is a pretty good sale on at Magix at the moment.

Buy Samplitude/Magix Music Studio for $99, and get Independence Basic (12GB) for free! :o

Baard wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Lucky you. I still don't have it activated, for god knows what reason.
Looks like we are in the same boat. Got this issue when I installed Inde Pro 3.1 for the first time on Win7. (Never had such issues with 2.x on WinXP) Awaiting reply from Magix, will keep you updated.
Good luck in activating it! I had none.

EvilDragon wrote:
Baard wrote:
Good luck in activating it! I had none.
Im still in dialogue with Magix on this. I also recieved a fix (independence_register_fix.exe), and had no luck with it. I was told to remove and reinstall the software, and run the fix right after installation. Still no change. Have you tried the same?

Guess I'll try it again, and also clean the registry with CCleaner in the process. I'll keep reporting my findings (or rather lack of them). :(

In my case, nothing happens when I click "Acticate" on the initial popup. Does it behave this way for you as well?

Return to “Instruments”