Help with shreddage/kontakt4/fl!!!!!!!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am going crazy trying to get shreddage set up. I have it loaded into kontakt in FL. I loaded the master patch quickplay. It plays clean on the right side of my keyboard, but I get little scratches on the left side. I have no idea how to use this thing or properly set it up, I have searched for two days to find a beginners tutorial but I cannot find one. I do not know how to get it amped, i do not know how to get it all working, i do not know how to do palm mutes/ drop c open chord/ etc. Somebody PLEASE help me out, I am bout to throw my laptop into my wall I'm getting so frustrated. :help: :help:

Hey man, don't worry, we'll get it sorted out.

Check out this video (available on our website) which shows exactly how to configure ShreddageX in Kontakt 4 and FL Studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03fbxV8X-As
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

thanks man that's literally the only video i didn't watch by you.. but my left side doesnt work the power chords, only when i press the a key. will this fix that?

When you say the left side, do you mean the left side of your keyboard, or the left channel (speaker) of audio doesn't work?

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

yeah the left side, it plays through both R and L. When i play a key on the left side i can hear a faint liek scratch.
im on a laptop btw.

Huh, so the SUSTAINS work but the powerchords don't? Are you loading the master quick play NKM file? Make sure you have the latest update (see the stickied thread in this forum)

Yes I'm loading that and no I do not think so. Som sound comes out but it's very low..ill try the update when I get home

Should I download the updated Master Patch Quick Play, and also the new SFZ files for kontakt? And also where do you find revalver, I thought it was supposed to come with this

Yes, you should download the updated master patch (NKM) file. You don't need the SFZ files, however.

When you went to the page that had the file downloads (linked to from your email), you should have seen a link to ReValver. What's your transaction ID? I can have the email re-sent if you need.

nvm i got that but i cant get the update, the link does not work..

Right-click the link and do "Save Target As" to download them - should work if you do that.

OK i got it to work finally, now i have a couple of questions.
1) You can only play the notes that are associated with your root note correct? For ex. i can only play the keys and a couple lower ones on the right side.
2) How do i get the pinch harmonics and the palm mutes? i know to hit the key lighter but when i scroll over the keys on the piano roll its a lot better sounding.
3) would i record live using my keyboard or through piano roll?

1. I'm not sure if I understand you here, can you explain what you mean?

2. Palm mutes are mapped to velocity. If you check the manual you will see exactly how it's mapped, but basically, lower velocities = more muted. As you play higher velocities, you will get more sustained notes. To get pinch harmonics, vibrato, etc. you use the modwheel. When the modwheel is all the way up, you get pinch harmonics, for example.

3. Either one works. I often sequence everything in the piano roll.

HATKI wrote:OK i got it to work finally, now i have a couple of questions.
1) You can only play the notes that are associated with your root note correct? For ex. i can only play the keys and a couple lower ones on the right side.
2) How do i get the pinch harmonics and the palm mutes? i know to hit the key lighter but when i scroll over the keys on the piano roll its a lot better sounding.
3) would i record live using my keyboard or through piano roll?
I also found this to be a problem when playing live.

Hitting the keys on a controller in the usual manner will only sound the muted notes, you really need to hammer the b%$*&£d to get the power chords to sound.

Don't know what keyboard Andrew used in the demo/tutorial, but it really makes it look quite easy just tapping the keys and getting power chords.

It's not a biggy for me because i always enter notes with a mouse, anyway.

Very Happy Customer.

Scar.

I meant q-p tht whole row of keys works, and if I turn the midwheel all the way down it'll give me palm mutes?

Scara: I have a Korg X50, but the nice thing about FL Studio is that you can change MIDI input scaling so you have just the right 'touch' you need.

HATKI: Palm mutes are based on velocity, not the modwheel setting. The modwheel is used for vibrato / harmonics / pinch squeals. Again if you check the manual you can see exactly how everything is mapped.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”