What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Windows 7: Hate it.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:39 am Windows 7: Hate it.

So had my work PC rebuilt and it now has Windows 7 :x

First problem: the icons in the taskbar wider than a pregnant hippo.
How can I narrow them? I'm already using "small icons"

I hate this POS. Give me XP back any day!!!!!
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 am

And how do I turn all this bullsh!t unnecessary animation off.
I'm not watching Madagascar FFS.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 am

Right mouseclick on empty spot in the Taskbar > Properties > (new menu) > Taskbar > Use small icons (tick).
Cowbells!
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 am

And why don't things show up in windows.
It's called Windows!!!!!!!
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 am

dalor wrote:Right mouseclick on empty spot in the Taskbar > Properties > (new menu) > Taskbar > Use small icons (tick).
done that and they're still a cm wide when the actual icon image is half that.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
KVRian
 
1134 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby audiobot202; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:52 am

Adjust your resolution. My tray icons are very small.

Windows 7 is very good actually. I loved Windows XP, but there's nothing wrong with Win 7 once you work through it.
Tracktion is BAAAAAACK !!!
User avatar
KVRian
 
1192 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK
  

Postby jethrobull; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:And how do I turn all this bullsh!t unnecessary animation off.
I'm not watching Madagascar FFS.

Start,right click computer,properties,advanced system settings,advanced tab and performance settings. You turn all fancy resource hogging animation off from there......i love win 7. :lol:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
.......................
myfeebleeffort
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
dalor wrote:Right mouseclick on empty spot in the Taskbar > Properties > (new menu) > Taskbar > Use small icons (tick).
done that and they're still a cm wide when the actual icon image is half that.
You're not wrong there. The icons ARE smaller but distance between them is still too large, kinda stupid really :hihi:
Cowbells!
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4515 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 am

Hey welcome to the new decennium! :D
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:00 am

jethrobull wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:And how do I turn all this bullsh!t unnecessary animation off.
I'm not watching Madagascar FFS.

Start,right click computer,properties,advanced system settings,advanced tab and performance settings. You turn all fancy resource hogging animation off from there......i love win 7. :lol:
Done. But even that pissed me off :lol:
Why is there a massive f*cking windows logo in the top right corner? :x
I know I'm using windows because I logged into it myself.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 am

dalor wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
dalor wrote:Right mouseclick on empty spot in the Taskbar > Properties > (new menu) > Taskbar > Use small icons (tick).
done that and they're still a cm wide when the actual icon image is half that.
You're not wrong there. The icons ARE smaller but distance between them is still too large, kinda stupid really :hihi:
Yes exactly.
It will permanently screw with my OCD :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
KVRian
 
1192 posts since 5 Jun, 2011, from England,UK
  

Postby jethrobull; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:02 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:Done.
Why is there a massive f*cking windows logo in the top right corner? :x
I know I'm using windows because I logged into it myself.

Just to remind you what OS your using while your mesmerized buy its sheer speed and beauty. :love:
All the audience cares about is being fed a stream of songs that they know and can sing along to.
.......................
myfeebleeffort
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:03 am

Ok resolution is set to max and the desktop icons are still 2cm :x
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2506 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 am

You know, you remind me on how we just give up and get used to this crap and stop questioning stupidities like these.
Cowbells!
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 6 Sep, 2008
 

Postby Mushy Mushy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:05 am

jethrobull wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Done.
Why is there a massive f*cking windows logo in the top right corner? :x
I know I'm using windows because I logged into it myself.

Just to remind you what OS your using while your mesmerized buy its sheer speed and beauty. :love:
It better be ridiculously fast mate :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration