Itch (ElectroProg - Seismic Surface Scratching)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote:The missing notes are effectively the final 3 quarter notes of the measure, but I squeezed the first 3 notes of the regular phrase to fit into the first beat, so it became an eighth note followed by two sixteenths instead of the regular dotted eighth followed by two sixteenths.
Without getting further into minutia, I think you are saying you intentionally altered the bass line for its conclusion which is understandable. I wasn't expecting it and was wondering if it was a mistake.

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote:Absolutely brilliant. As been stated above, I also loved the harmonic richness...and the melodies, and the vibe...everything about it was top notch!
FrantzM wrote:It has all the depth and richness we seismologists have come to expect.
Whoa, your fans even have their own name for themselves?! That's the coolest thing EVER!!! I guess I'm a seismologist too...and proud of it!!! :D
Thanks very much for the kind words and the listen, Chris. Glad you liked it :)

Seismology ain't as glamourous as you might think :wink:

this is great. i love the atmosphere and melodies - it reminds me in parts of Orbital. the relaxed yet persistent feeling of momentum is particularly nice and gives a great sense of progression. love it.

neil.

polyslax wrote:Love the piece Tim... what really gets me going in this one is the rhythmic complexity, all kinds of pushing and pulling. Outstanding!
Thanks for listening, Matt. Glad you enjoyed it :)

A lot of that rhythmic shifting comes from the X-Fade Sequencer in Cubix. The EnergyXT drum sampler provides additional backup.

FrantzM wrote: ...I think you are saying you intentionally altered the bass line for its conclusion...........
True
FrantzM wrote: I wasn't expecting it and was wondering if it was a mistake.
This is a possibility :)

seismic1 wrote: This is a possibility :)
In any case, I think most seismologists would agree, this track is a 9.5 on the Richter Scale. :)

It feels like waiting for something huge to come. Matrix-esque

I can kind of hear the action movie thing tehlord mentioned, but I get a bit of horror too. Maybe one of the Phantasm sequels. Very cool. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

macmurphy wrote:this is great. i love the atmosphere and melodies - it reminds me in parts of Orbital. the relaxed yet persistent feeling of momentum is particularly nice and gives a great sense of progression. love it.

neil.
Thanks very much for the listen and the great comments, Neil. Glad you enjoyed it :D

Orbital eh? Does that count as a '90s comparison :hihi:

FrantzM wrote: In any case, I think most seismologists would agree, this track is a 9.5 on the Richter Scale. :)
Thanks very much for the kind comments, FrantzM :)

Jesse Gorter wrote:It feels like waiting for something huge to come. Matrix-esque
Thanks for the comment and for listening Jesse :) It does seem to contain a degree of tension.

I always thought that the original Matrix movie was a game-changer. It's about time I watched it again. Must be 6 or 7 years now.

D.H. Miltz wrote:I can kind of hear the action movie thing tehlord mentioned, but I get a bit of horror too. Maybe one of the Phantasm sequels. Very cool. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, DHM. Glad you liked it :)

I love those EnergyXT pads. I think that atmosphere is largely down to them.

I enjoyed the listen. nice and well balanced synth-sounds :!:

cheers

wolf

nice composition here, tim! like the others, i got the action show vibe as well.... like, a spy vs. spy thing. :hihi:

gotta love EXT2. :love:

ps. watch your inbox, email soon!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

very cool arranging. Sounds like lots of attention to detail. And a bit more reverb on this than some of your others perhaps. Very cool deep watery bass sound.

good job.

btw, wouldn't have thought Zebra would dent an i5 much.

Return to “Music Cafe”