What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Berlin Modular - Bazille 0.6

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

KVRAF

8522 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Urs wrote:
Darknesslord wrote:Hi Urs

When do you think to introduce the full and complete version of Bazille ? early or mid or late 2013 ? any idea

No idea... but we do think we should finish Bazille up and make her a sister of ACE. The actual concept of Berlin Modular has evolved so far away from the original 3-synth concept that Bazille stands right there for herself. Just needs a few bits and bops.

I sure would like multicore support... also unison and if possible a draft mode... plus a scope input (w default as is)
Urs
u-he

16965 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm

pdxindy wrote:I sure would like multicore support... also unison and if possible a draft mode... plus a scope input (w default as is)

Yeah, that would be doable...
KVRAF

3910 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 am

KVRist

116 posts since 13 Nov, 2011

Postby lofty; Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:04 pm

apologies if this has already been answered, but will there be another version of Bazille out before the current one expires (which is at the end of the year?)

also, assuming a customer already owns ACE, is there any hope that, in addition to the option to Bazille there is a Berlin Modular au/vst which allows one to cross plug from one synth to the other? I think that would be wonderful! but I can see a potential problem in the two interfaces taking up so much screen real estate...I wonder could it work if there was just one synth visible at a time with a simple tab at the bottom stating the name of the non-visible synth - such that if a cable is dragged over the tab area then the new synth replaces that already seen and with cable in hand one is free to cross-patch from one synth to the next. When investigating composite patches, merely clicking the tab takes one to the other synth - could it work also if cables disappeared off screen as if the synths were adjacent and pulling a cable scrolls the second synth into view but then 'springs' back out of sight once patching is complete - would be ideal with mult-touch trackpad interface
KVRian

584 posts since 1 Jan, 2007

Postby rexlapin; Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm

AFAIK, there us is no plan to be able to crosswire
between the different plugins (say ACE to Bazille).
The Berlin Modular is more a suite of plugins than
windows of a single unified one. I hope Urs or one
of the u-he crew will correct me if I am wrong. It
sounds like it would be a cool idea if it could be
make to work. 8) :love:
KVRist

393 posts since 21 Sep, 2011, from Northern California

Postby Panphobia; Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 am

Getting lots of pops and clicks in Reaper 64, win 7 64. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I will have to find time to wade through 80 pages of posts :D
KVRian

941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:34 am

From what I read recently here on this Forum that the Berlin Modular idea is likely not going to end up being a suite, but just one self contained instrument.

I'm interested in this. I would also kind of prefer to just have one well fleshed out plug than three. Easier to learn, less expensive to develop and maintain. So it's ACE that gets maintained and upgraded((thanks for the multicore upgrade!), and it's sister plug based on Bazille. From what I understand further is that Zebra 3 may be taking most of the development teams time right now.

Regards

Wade
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
Urs
u-he

16965 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:From what I read recently here on this Forum that the Berlin Modular idea is likely not going to end up being a suite, but just one self conatined instrument.

I'm interested in this. I would also kind of prefer to just have one well fleshed out plug than three. Easier to learn, less expensive to develop and maintain. So it's ACE that gets maintained and upgraded((thanks for the multicore upgrade!), and it's sister plug based on Bazille. From what I understand further is that Zebra 3 may be taking most of the development teams time right now.

Yep.
KVRAF

9206 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Panphobia wrote:Getting lots of pops and clicks in Reaper 64, win 7 64. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I will have to find time to wade through 80 pages of posts :D
are you using long release times on the envelopes? Try setting the the 'mode' from poly to mono. Does the problem go away?
KVRist

Postby Panphobia; Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Actually now that you mention it, I only get pops and clicks when playing more than one note. Thanks for the tip, I will try that out. Any idea why this would happen? It almost sounds like my processor is getting maxed out, but I have i7 930 which is not top of the line, but should be roubust enough to handle a single instance of a synth in poly mode with no effects or other tracks in the project. I tried 'dedicated process' in reaper, same result.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe my sound card needs software update (presonus audiobox vsl 22) or maybe I can experiment with different latecny times. Will post back if I find anything.

In any case this synth sounds bad ass. All of the U-he stuff is on my short list.
KVRAF

8522 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Panphobia wrote:Actually now that you mention it, I only get pops and clicks when playing more than one note. Thanks for the tip, I will try that out. Any idea why this would happen? It almost sounds like my processor is getting maxed out, but I have i7 930 which is not top of the line, but should be roubust enough to handle a single instance of a synth in poly mode with no effects or other tracks in the project. I tried 'dedicated process' in reaper, same result.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe my sound card needs software update (presonus audiobox vsl 22) or maybe I can experiment with different latecny times. Will post back if I find anything.

In any case this synth sounds bad ass. All of the U-he stuff is on my short list.

What sample rate you run at? Bazille uses lots of CPU, but you should get more than 1 note...
KVRAF

9206 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Using Bazille in poly mode can be very CPU intensive. I can easily max out a core on my quad i7 MacBook Pro when playing chords using a patch with a lot of FM or feedback. There are settings on the 'trimpots' tab that can help reduce CPU usage. Try turning of AudioRate FilterFM to see if performance improves.
KVRist

Postby Panphobia; Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks Justin, got it working pretty well now :)
KVRAF

1707 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 am

Panphobia wrote:Thanks Justin, got it working pretty well now :)

What did you do to get it running cool? What was the prob? :)
KVRian

776 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina

Postby JoeCat; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:08 pm

chilly7 wrote:
JoeCat wrote:Bazille "skin":

Just a half-hearted attempt at something light (maybe I'll do a darker one also). Probably lots of problems - haven't played with it yet, but you are of course free to mess with it! Most of the work is in the script file.

It's all here - back up your "Resources" folder and replace with this one:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31416093/Misc/Bazille%20Skin/Resources.zip

Enjoy!

Wow very nice thank u!
I think when knobs instead of yellow will be white too will be much cooler! :oops:

A little late lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31416093/Misc/Bazile%20Skin%20%28white%29/Resources.zip

In this case, the knobs actually have a little gray-blue gradient to white, but you can change them
(it's easy to change the knobs - look for the following in "Bazille.txt"

COLOUR name='defaultCirc1' rgba='DDEEDDFF'

COLOUR name='defaultCirc2' rgba='EEFFEEff'

COLOUR name='defaultCirc3' rgba='FFFFFFff'

The original is posted on the U-he site (thanks Urs!) :D
PreviousNext

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he