What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Audiobus

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

BiancaNeve
KVRist
 
365 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:26 pm

iPlogger wrote:YES!!!!! :) Looking forward to Auria implementing it. I decided to get Auria over MultiTrackDAW, so won't be able to take real advantage of Audiobus until the Auria update is released. My plan is to use Genome to sequence synths/drums, hit play and record it all at once! The way it was MEANT to be done.


Auria crashes a lot as it is I find I wonder how it will cope with genome a couple of synths and a drum program all going at once.....
Instant human just add coffee
bjoz
KVRer
 
14 posts since 29 Jun, 2005

Postby bjoz; Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

What I don't understand from this news is how this will work with different apps.

Maybe this has been explained elsewhere but I haven't seen it - if someone would care to enlighten me?

From the email I received most apps (including things like Funkbox which I assume has no way to deal with incoming audio) say 'Input slot'. Some like Loopy say 'input & output slot'. Whereas 'Multitrack DAW' says 'output slot'.

Now maybe it's the terminology but I'm confused ....
Does 'Input slot' mean an input into AudioBus from the app ... so for example Funkbox has an input slot which means the audio goes from Funkbox to Audiobus to then be distributed elsewhere? I'm assuming this is what is meant (would make sense). Personally I would have called this an 'output' as the sound is output from Funkbox ... doesn't really matter as long as the terminology is understood.

However if that's the case, does that mean that there is no way to mix a couple of tracks together in Multitrack DAW and then spit that submix out via Audiobus to say JamUp to apply fx (Multitrack DAW only has an 'output slot' - assuming output from Audiobus into Multitrack DAW)? Could be a deal breaker for some .... ?

Last question ... is $10 the intro price or will this be the price ongoing?

I love the idea of Audiobus and can see that in the future it'll have a place in my workflow, but for now, and with the apps that are supported, I wont be jumping onboard.
BiancaNeve
KVRist
 
365 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:41 pm

bjoz wrote:What I don't understand from this news is how this will work with different apps.

Maybe this has been explained elsewhere but I haven't seen it - if someone would care to enlighten me?

From the email I received most apps (including things like Funkbox which I assume has no way to deal with incoming audio) say 'Input slot'. Some like Loopy say 'input & output slot'. Whereas 'Multitrack DAW' says 'output slot'.

Now maybe it's the terminology but I'm confused ....
Does 'Input slot' mean an input into AudioBus from the app ... so for example Funkbox has an input slot which means the audio goes from Funkbox to Audiobus to then be distributed elsewhere? I'm assuming this is what is meant (would make sense). Personally I would have called this an 'output' as the sound is output from Funkbox ... doesn't really matter as long as the terminology is understood.

However if that's the case, does that mean that there is no way to mix a couple of tracks together in Multitrack DAW and then spit that submix out via Audiobus to say JamUp to apply fx (Multitrack DAW only has an 'output slot' - assuming output from Audiobus into Multitrack DAW)? Could be a deal breaker for some .... ?

Last question ... is $10 the intro price or will this be the price ongoing?

I love the idea of Audiobus and can see that in the future it'll have a place in my workflow, but for now, and with the apps that are supported, I wont be jumping onboard.


Sounds spot on to me, including the drawback with multitrack daw.
Instant human just add coffee
Derek Buddemeyer
KVRist
 
460 posts since 13 Dec, 2011, from Alliance, NE

Postby Derek Buddemeyer; Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Crabshack wrote:
polaris20 wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:AudioBus is totally worth every penny and more....incredible. I would have paid $100+ it works flawlessly


Sure, rub it in!


C'mom,one week is nothing compared to this revolution :)
lol...not trying to rub it in...just saying, I've been fortunate enought to be able to work with the devs of various apps to make sure this thing was up to par...and it is. You guys are going to have a blast with it. Looking forward to seeing some work done with it. :)
Rock On!
Derek Buddemeyer
KVRist
 
460 posts since 13 Dec, 2011, from Alliance, NE

Postby Derek Buddemeyer; Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Here's a sample of a guitar app being used through AudioBus recorded into a Multitrack app
http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/audi ... normalized
Rock On!
iPlogger
KVRist
 
429 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 pm

BiancaNeve wrote:Auria crashes a lot as it is I find I wonder how it will cope with genome a couple of synths and a drum program all going at once.....


I had heard that about Auria, but I have had just one crash so far after doing probably over twenty undos in a row. I spent around 1.5 hours on it tonight with littlemidi, Animoog, DM-1, Alchemy all open. And towards the end, soloing over things with GarageBand. I only have a short 8 measures that I was working on, so maybe something larger would have been an issue. But I had that on repeat nearly the whole time as I worked on new parts, practiced, recorded lines and pasted them into Auria. Right at the end, Auria gave me a message it was running low on memory, so that was when I decided to stop my session. Not to mention it's late and my iPad is down to 7% battery.

It will definitely be interesting to see how all of this is handled and how smoothly apps will work.
AudiobusApp
KVRist
 
32 posts since 15 Apr, 2012

Postby AudiobusApp; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 am

iPlogger wrote:It will definitely be interesting to see how all of this is handled and how smoothly apps will work.
You can already check out our youtube channel to get an idea of how the workflow looks like. The examples there have been recorded live.

http://youtube.com/audiobusapp
User avatar
T-CM11
KVRian
 
1225 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from Ghent, Belgium

Postby T-CM11; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:01 am

bjoz wrote:What I don't understand from this news is how this will work with different apps.

Maybe this has been explained elsewhere but I haven't seen it - if someone would care to enlighten me?

From the email I received most apps (including things like Funkbox which I assume has no way to deal with incoming audio) say 'Input slot'. Some like Loopy say 'input & output slot'. Whereas 'Multitrack DAW' says 'output slot'.

Now maybe it's the terminology but I'm confused ....
Does 'Input slot' mean an input into AudioBus from the app ... so for example Funkbox has an input slot which means the audio goes from Funkbox to Audiobus to then be distributed elsewhere? I'm assuming this is what is meant (would make sense). Personally I would have called this an 'output' as the sound is output from Funkbox ... doesn't really matter as long as the terminology is understood.

However if that's the case, does that mean that there is no way to mix a couple of tracks together in Multitrack DAW and then spit that submix out via Audiobus to say JamUp to apply fx (Multitrack DAW only has an 'output slot' - assuming output from Audiobus into Multitrack DAW)? Could be a deal breaker for some .... ?

Input > fx > output
So: input plays, FX processes, output records

It's not that illogical if you look at the pictures:
Image[/list]
gepetto1000
KVRist
 
85 posts since 24 Feb, 2011, from Ahlmanintie

Postby gepetto1000; Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 am

So, can I record Jamup to Garageband with Audiobus?
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 am

This will be a big game changer for iOS music. Can't wait to see this develop and app developers jump on board. Will be nice to direct record playing instead of tedious copy paste workflow! Come on developers, adopt quickly!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
sonicflux
KVRist
 
91 posts since 13 Dec, 2011

Postby sonicflux; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 am

gepetto1000 wrote:So, can I record Jamup to Garageband with Audiobus?


Not sure why you're asking if it will work with Garageband. The developer has not mentioned anything about Garageband being supported.
User avatar
T-CM11
KVRian
 
1225 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from Ghent, Belgium

Postby T-CM11; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 am

gepetto1000 wrote:So, can I record Jamup to Garageband with Audiobus?

Did you read the first post?
BiancaNeve
KVRist
 
365 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 am

gepetto1000 wrote:So, can I record Jamup to Garageband with Audiobus?


So far you will only be able to record to multitrack daw and loopy.
Instant human just add coffee
D271267
KVRer
 
19 posts since 13 Oct, 2011, from France

Postby D271267; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

D271267
KVRer
 
19 posts since 13 Oct, 2011, from France

Postby D271267; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 am

And also Garageband for Ipad Apple Forum :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4570681

Come on everybody, write to all of them !!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Mobile Apps and Hardware