What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Diffrences between techniques.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

99 posts since 5 Aug, 2011

Postby chenz216; Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 am Diffrences between techniques.

What is the diffrenet between my work to his work , I mean there is a lot of difrencec we can hear it in the sound, his sound is like shouting to us .. and mine is so weak .. REFERS TO THE DROPS.

This is Tony Romera track : 1:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp6C0VxHHOY

And this is mine : 0:15
http://soundcloud.com/chen-zokaim/romera-test

Thanks ahead
KVRian

1221 posts since 24 May, 2004, from Germany

Postby declassified; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 am

As far as I can tell, you kick isn't bad, the problem is the lead sound. His sounds REALLY close, no reverb whatsoever, while yours sounds a little further away.
Also, his sound has a little more low mids and bottom, it sounds raspier overall. Try lowering the octave or boosting lower frequencies. And his notes are triplets, yours are normal 16ths, so his sound less mechanical and more "loose".
KVRian

1283 posts since 27 Nov, 2008, from uk

Postby faun2500; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 am

For a start the timing is different giving a different groove. His is more dry/your wet with fx. You tempo is faster too?

Your bass sound (not really much bass though) is behind you pitched-rising fx. I would have the reverb on the riser and not on the bass.
KVRist

Postby chenz216; Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Thank u guys i hear to ur advices and i did some changes ... http://soundcloud.com/chen-zokaim/romera-test-v2

But still something is missing me and i cant figure it out , maybe its the clean sound he have , every thing is so HARMONIC in his track and in mine its sounds like all sounds clashing each other and not sitting properly
KVRer

15 posts since 16 Jul, 2012, from Bay Area

Postby Daniez; Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Well the second test you made is MUCH closer to his sound. There's still small differences, his riser ends sooner than yours, which gives space for his vocal hit which gives the drop a bigger impact. He also sounds like he's got a cutoff or a pitch shift going along with his synth in the riser making it feel like all the sounds are building together, and it doesn't hurt that he has a longer build up time. It's all about the tension the build up gathers. Another thing I just noticed in his build up is that he side chains the whole thing, which can really help to keep the groove and the tension going. Maybe that would help?
KVRist

Postby chenz216; Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 am

I dont think the problem its in the FX and the build up , u do right its add alot ! but look at his drop everything is sitting so well together u cant feel barely the bass but the bass is so hitting and in mine everything sound mess and clashing
KVRist

81 posts since 20 Mar, 2012

Postby Puusti; Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm

His sound is a bit more centered and in your face.
KVRist

Postby chenz216; Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 am

Puusti wrote:His sound is a bit more centered and in your face.

How do i do it "in your face" ?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Production Techniques