What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Question about that FL Studio "Step Sequencer"

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

78 posts since 25 Sep, 2009

Postby ls1xxx; Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey there guys! I have a question for you about the step sequencer in fl studio.
Is there a way to record the step sequencer straight to the playlist while i Mute and Unmute channels in one pattern? For instance If i have a pattern that consists of a kick, a snare, a high hat, and a synth is there a way to mute and unmute the channels while it records straight to the playlist? Basically turning off and on those green lights next to the channels in the step sequencer in the pattern and recording it. Hope this makes some sort of sense. I was doing something similar in a session view in ableton live.
KVRian

782 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 am

normally, not really

but the latest beta has a performance mode similar to Live where you set up a matrix of clips and then can record them being triggered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u7E-L0b_Ks

login to your account and get the beta from the forum
[ MASCHINE MK1 & v2.0 | KOMPLETE8 | FLSTUDIO ]
R E T R O V I D E O G A M E M U S I C
KVRist

273 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Postby tooneba; Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 am

You can't. And unmute(restart) MIDI clip in the middle of the clip causes problem in Live - midi requires note on message. I don't know whether it is technically doable. BTW, future version of FL will be able to record clips to playlist.
KVRist

78 posts since 25 Sep, 2009

Postby ls1xxx; Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 am

Thank you. I know theres a Live Mode in the version that i own but was wondering if the way i described was possible.
KVRist

264 posts since 12 Jan, 2005

Postby whet; Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:21 pm

OP could just record the mute/unmute or volume of the pattern channels or mixer channels as automation. For the volumes you can choose switch for the mapping formula, if you want to link it to a controller.
Then just press rec and perform, thats how i did it with FL before it had this new live mode.
Other way would be by loading edison and record how you alternating the pattern, then drag and drop the audio to the playlist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3NQGkaKseo

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)