What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy app, please integrate Audiobus app

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

D271267
KVRer

19 posts since 13 Oct, 2011, from France

Postby D271267; Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 am Alchemy app, please integrate Audiobus app

Hi everyone, love the alchemy app, buy all the sounds and make it a important app for my work.

Please, i need you, we need you to support Audiobus App : http://audiob.us/

We need Alchemy in our workflow with Audiobus.

Hope you integrate it !

Cheers
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10259 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 am

Edit from Ben:

We are very interested in supporting Audiobus and have contacted the Audiobus authors to request the SDK and are waiting to hear back. Until we receive the SDK we can't make any progress with implementing it.
Last edited by ZenPunkHippy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
D271267
KVRer

Postby D271267; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 am

Thanks for quick reply !

Hope you're do it !

Cheers
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 am

I've updated my earlier reply with some info from Ben.

Peace,
Andy.
D271267
KVRer

Postby D271267; Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 am

Great reply ! thank you !
iPlogger
KVRist

429 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 am

Great news! Glad to hear you want to implement it. I am DEFINITELY interested in Alchemy with Audiobus. I have been doing quite a bit with Alchemy lately.

It would be nice if we can use more than one sound. I am REALLY enjoying Alchemy Mobile Pro and have been using several sounds for some stuff I am working on. But right now, I can't sequence out multiple Alchemy sounds playing at the same time. I know in the past, optimization has been mentioned and that even with what we have, you are pushing some limits. But I figured I'd mention it. Really enjoy Alchemy Mobile Pro.
Sorefingers
KVRist

32 posts since 14 Oct, 2012, from Moogtown

Postby Sorefingers; Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 am

I read somewhere that Audiobus had over 750 developer requests for their SDK. Audiobus says they plan to release the SDK to 25 or so developers at a time initially, with the intent of making sure things work as they should in smaller batches instead of rushing everything out the door as fast as possible. Once they are comfortable that everything is proceeding nicely, they plan to release the SDK publicly, and they estimate this broad release to be a few months down the road.

You also have to figure in the time it takes Apple to review and approve app updates, which is more than likely going to be the main bottleneck.

Alchemy is certainly one of the premier IOS music making apps (and my personal favorite), so I would think they would be at the high end of that waiting list of 750, and hopefully one of those initial batches of 25 developers to get the SDK.

In the mean time, maybe we can funnel Alchemy through another app that currently supports Audiobus via midi. For example, you can send midi out from Thumbjam to the midi in in Alchemy. Thumbjam will possibly support Audiobus at launch tomorrow, or at least very soon after. I may be looking at this the wrong way since although the active app I have up is Thumbjam, the actual audio is coming from Alchemy, which is running in the background. EDIT: I tried this and no dice. I even tried using Polychord and Chordion as midi controllers with the officially supported Sunrizer with poor results. It seems all of the apps in your Audiobus chain need to be supported.

Between Audiobus, Midibridge, audio copy/paste, and the general core midi structure in IOS, the potential of what you will be able to do with apps working together is mind boggling. To me, Audiobus more or less will allow me to use Alchemy, Funkbox, JamUp XT, etc. like I use VSTs on my Macbook. Loopy, Multitrack DAW, or Auria will serve as my "DAW" host. I wonder if developers will make effects and processors to use in the "effects" slot of Audiobus? Imagine sending Alchemy audio through a compressor, reverb, or EQ, then into Loopy.

I'm going to need to buy one of those big chalkboards you always see in science labs to diagram where all my midi signals are coming and going and what's running through Audiobus. :hihi:
adamj
KVRer

27 posts since 20 Jan, 2009, from San Francisco

Postby adamj; Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm looking forward to the day when Alchemy for iOS supports Audiobus. It will be awesome.
MarvelKit
KVRer

6 posts since 4 Oct, 2012

Postby MarvelKit; Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 am

Well Andy, it seems that you have no excuse anymore for further delays. :-)
Yesterday, Audiobus announced that the SDK is now public at http://developer.audiob.us.

*waiting in desperation*.

Marcel
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:09 am

AudioBus will be included with the next update. Release is due quite soon ...

Peace,
Andy.
BiancaNeve
KVRist

344 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:AudioBus will be included with the next update. Release is due quite soon ...

Peace,
Andy.

Yay :)
Instant human just add coffee
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:19 am

The update we are working on is major, definitely not just a few small tweaks + AudioBus. That is why it's taking a bit longer than usual, but it will be worth the wait :)

Peace,
Andy.
BiancaNeve
KVRist

344 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:29 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The update we are working on is major, definitely not just a few small tweaks + AudioBus. That is why it's taking a bit longer than usual, but it will be worth the wait :)

Peace,
Andy.

Tease ;)
Instant human just add coffee
trapmoo
KVRer

19 posts since 11 Mar, 2012

Postby trapmoo; Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Please consider adding Jack support as well.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks, we are aware of Jack. AudioBus is first. If Jack becomes popular enough i.e. enough FX or recording apps add support, we'll probably add it too.

One of the major benefits of Jack is that it provides MIDI syncing - that will be incredibly useful. For those interested there is a nice comparison of AudioBus vs. Jack on Create Digital Music, here.

Peace,
Andy.
Next

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio