What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Response to velocity

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

2 posts since 1 Nov, 2012

Postby badtiming; Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 pm Response to velocity

I regularly use FLS. On its piano roll, it is possible to alter note velocity which is handy for me as I have no keyboard, just use the pc keyboard. Many applications, such as Keys or Oatmeal, work very well to respond to velocity when I alter note velocity on the piano roll. However, this has no effect on Z3TA+2 or Sylenth 1. I have studied the manuals on both, but find no real info for such a basic requirement. Response to velocity is paramount for leads. Does anyone else find velocity problems on certain synthes and, if so, which ones?
Mr Entertainment

10524 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am

are the presets patched for velocity response?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
KVRAF

8262 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 am

Early popular analog synths did not have any velocity sensitive keyboards. One of the first mass produced synths that had this ability was the Yamaha DX-7, which started production in 1983.

So the answer I think is, that although your synths have the ability, it is not used so to mimic as truely as possible these old synths.

I had a look at a screenshot of the GUI of Sylenth1, Velocity is in the Mod1/Mod2 section (bottom right) available as a modulation source.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)