The Future of Synthedit (OSX)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xhunaudio wrote:
Jeff McClintock wrote: Hmm, It's says Sonic Birth 2.0 is single-sample based. (SE is block-based). Nonetheless, if you want to support block-based within a sample-based system you can. It would be the same challenge if you wanted to support audio-unit plugins inside sonic birth (which would also be useful).
You can run SE modules in single-sample setups, I have tried it, does increase the CPU though.
Hi Jeff,

so that sample/buffer based difference is not a big 'issue' and a slowed CPU performance should be only in editing mode - then once projects are compiled/exported to the final VST or AU plugin, all is 'converted' to a buffer based form (tell me if I'm correct).
In the case of Sonic Birth, I wouldn't know the details, but in general you can interface a block-based module with a single-sample module.

Jeff McClintock wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:
Jeff McClintock wrote: Hmm, It's says Sonic Birth 2.0 is single-sample based. (SE is block-based). Nonetheless, if you want to support block-based within a sample-based system you can. It would be the same challenge if you wanted to support audio-unit plugins inside sonic birth (which would also be useful).
You can run SE modules in single-sample setups, I have tried it, does increase the CPU though.
Hi Jeff,

so that sample/buffer based difference is not a big 'issue' and a slowed CPU performance should be only in editing mode - then once projects are compiled/exported to the final VST or AU plugin, all is 'converted' to a buffer based form (tell me if I'm correct).
In the case of Sonic Birth, I wouldn't know the details, but in general you can interface a block-based module with a single-sample module.
In these days I'm wondering : is it so time-saving and advantageous/favorable/helpful to have two dinstinct developers working on two different projects with a possible [.projects/patches] compatibility/interchange? I'm thinking about the fact that now Synthedit - the final beta - is a very stable IDE, and the idea to restart everything from the ground on or so, with SonicBirth - it scares me a little :) ...

Jeff do you think that some other ways can be taken (like I mentioned above - fundings,etc..)?

Even totally new or simple concepts/ideas/proposals are welcome...
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

I'm wondering also: would a GUI cross-platform version of Synthedit be necessary for the incoming 'WinRT revolution'? By 2020 Microsoft stated almost 100% of Windows software will be natively designed for WinRT, discarding Win32. Then I think that to avoid 'bad surprises' (would .net be discarded by MS itself?) a cross-platform would be welcome (and it would add support for iOS,...). It would be a GREAT added value for Synthedit. I think its diffusion/success would increase exponentially. Its Mac, iOS and native Win8(WinRT) availability would open the door to additional distribution channels for Jeff (iTunes App Store, Microsoft Store).
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Return to “Modular Synthesis”