How to setup a company?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So... how to setup a company, like CamelAudio or LennarDigital? Please bare with me because I'm complete noob here.

Some questions of interest for me now:

1) Can you run a company completely online? So the 'company' does not have a physical location. Is it possible (or allowed)?

2) What is a typical fee to setup a company? Does it depents on the country of register?

3) I know there are different company types, like limited parthnership, or sole parthnership. Does some of them applies to companies mentioned - CamelAudio or LennarDigital? Also, what types of companies are CamelAudio or LennarDigital?

4) Does setup process depends on a country of register?

Also would be nice to hear some more recommendations from the people who actually have setuped a company - to describe what the process really is.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

V@d&m wrote:So... how to setup a company, like CamelAudio or LennarDigital? Please bare with me because I'm complete noob here.

Some questions of interest for me now:

1) Can you run a company completely online? So the 'company' does not have a physical location. Is it possible (or allowed)?

2) What is a typical fee to setup a company? Does it depents on the country of register?

3) I know there are different company types, like limited parthnership, or sole parthnership. Does some of them applies to companies mentioned - CamelAudio or LennarDigital? Also, what types of companies are CamelAudio or LennarDigital?

4) Does setup process depends on a country of register?

Also would be nice to hear some more recommendations from the people who actually have setuped a company - to describe what the process really is.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
It all depends on your country. check out the webpages of your government or just search 'setting up a business' in your own language. here's an example https://www.gov.uk/browse/business/setting-up

in germany, there are publically funded 2-week crash courses that teach you the basics of business economics, legal stuff, etc. you can also get "coaching" which is individual advice from a professional management consultant. however, they seemed to very focused on local businesses (crafting, service and stuff) rather than online business. but nonetheless, it was very beneficial (probably even essential) for me to attend such a course because they guide you through the bureaucracy.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Ok, thanks for the answers, will look for info of how to do it in my country.

As a private individual you can just make some web pages with a shop. No need to have an actual company. Until it becomes too big. But if you start distributing free stuff you made, there cannot be a problem.

But please study local tax rules. Often if the revenue is below a certain amount, you don't need to pay them to the government. But you are required to prove that! So keep an account/receipt of everything, just in case Mr Tax Collector comes.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:As a private individual you can just make some web pages with a shop. No need to have an actual company. Until it becomes too big. But if you start distributing free stuff you made, there cannot be a problem.

But please study local tax rules. Often if the revenue is below a certain amount, you don't need to pay them to the government. But you are required to prove that! So keep an account/receipt of everything, just in case Mr Tax Collector comes.
Ok, thanks for the info :)

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”