Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, well said, I think iZotope make products consistently that attract the experienced engineer because of the cross capabilities and sound.
In the past you would need several tools to do the same thing. Back in the hardware and analog days, we used to have these racks of gear, towers really, and we would need to patch everything together if you were using several tools to design an effect.
The digital studio allows for very quick effect design that can be saved and easily stored for future use.
This also allows for quicker learning and experimentation not to mention the loading of other users patches.
I think Trash 2 is the first plugin that has the capabilities to add and manipulate this particular set of features.
The inclusion of multi-band modulation, multi-band dynamics, multi-band distortion, and Impulse Response's is powerful.
Now we just need multi-band impulses. :)

@PatchAdamz

Multi-band impulses? That's an idea. But generally isn't this element in the signal chain about giving a space/coloring to the overallsound, Multiband impulses could be a "neat" feature but then again here it might be more user friendly to reduce the complexity of a patch by splitting the bands up before sending them into 2 instances of the Plug.

The complexity level of Trash 2 is just about right IMO.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Some raw track using:

ACE x3

Maschine Raw Voltage

5 instances of Trash

1 instance of Valhalla

1 instance of Filterscape

1 instance of Uhbik A

https://www.box.com/s/6y14yg3rygqz8tnx1ubd

The kids gloves are taken off, Numerology was the sequencer..

A test track where I went wild with Trash 2 on all 10 parts:

4 ACE

2 Sampled renaiscance choir

2 Iris patches from Patchpool Suscription set#20

2 Chromaphone patches from Patchpool set Modelled Reality

https://www.box.com/s/al1ehhygas79bls7nisl

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Any new owners of Trash 2 that after using it for a few intense sessions in the past few weeks have anything new to say about it. Something discovered or a track they made using it that would be of interest to folks trying to figure out if they want to get it before the December 6 cut off date?

I'm working it hard here. I'm still finding my way around the plug in. I know I'll get somewhere with my explorations but others that know more about working with these types of tools may have some insights or ideas about how I could get more out of my research time..
I don't own it but you might want to check out this Groove 3 Trash 2 video. It is just $14 (for now) and seems pretty detailed if you want to really dig deeper into the inner workings of the plugin.

christianmusicmaker wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Any new owners of Trash 2 that after using it for a few intense sessions in the past few weeks have anything new to say about it. Something discovered or a track they made using it that would be of interest to folks trying to figure out if they want to get it before the December 6 cut off date?

I'm working it hard here. I'm still finding my way around the plug in. I know I'll get somewhere with my explorations but others that know more about working with these types of tools may have some insights or ideas about how I could get more out of my research time..
I don't own it but you might want to check out this Groove 3 Trash 2 video. It is just $14 (for now) and seems pretty detailed if you want to really dig deeper into the inner workings of the plugin.
Thanks, I had a look at the one free tutorial on the Trash module, very nicely done...

You caught me in a weak moment, for 15 bucks I just went for it. Sheesh!

TwoToneshuzz wrote:A test track where I went wild with Trash 2 on all 10 parts:

4 ACE

That's sounding like a spaced out elephant in a poecelain store :D

This is trash 2 on a clean Guitar.
ALL the processing is done in this preset, room, distortion, compression, eq, etc...
The preset is from "Righteous Rooms for Trash 2" and includes add-on Impulse Response's.

ROCK YOUR SOCKS!

Sampleconstruct wrote:

4 ACE

That's a fun description, what do elephants ingest when they want to get spaced out?

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

4 ACE

That's a fun description, what do elephants ingest when they want to get spaced out?
http://www.cracked.com/article_17032_7- ... we-do.html :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyWd7ozj ... e=youtu.be
:borg:

Now that was a thought I'd never had!! Elephants just want to have Fun hik!

PatchAdamz wrote:This is trash 2 on a clean Guitar.
ALL the processing is done in this preset, room, distortion, compression, eq, etc...
The preset is from "Righteous Rooms for Trash 2" and includes add-on Impulse Response's.

ROCK YOUR SOCKS!
Nice work on the patches I'm tempted... Interesting use of the impuls responses..

Here is another tidbit for trash(or two).

This uses a delay, synced to host, threw an amp room slightly tube driven with tape head style feedback.

Amp Room Delay

This one plays the guitar threw a very small space for that transistor radio effect but 3D wide.

Radio effect

FYI I just put Trash 2 in my cart at audiodeluxe.com and it is priced at $128.99 (about 99 Euros).
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:FYI I just put Trash 2 in my cart at audiodeluxe.com and it is priced at $128.99 (about 99 Euros).
It'll go up to $250 in 32 hours when the introductory price rebate is over and the regular goes into effect. :cry:

I've secured my own Trash 2 since yesterday. muhahaha! :D
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”