suggestions for good parameters for sidechain

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys

im actually using cubase 6.5 and i now have a song in which id like that a kick drives a sidechain compression (ducks) a lush-101 pad; for compression id like to use alloy2 compression ; what are the parameters ( threshold, ratio, , send level..etc) that you in general would suggest to sidechain a pad through a kick?

thanx i would be a good startpoint for me

thanx again

It depends entirely on the tempo of the track and the amount of ducking you want.

This is one of those cases where all suggestions of a starting point are a waste of time.

Just mess about until it's right or buy LFO tool :wink:

I suggest turning up the compression ratio all the way so you can really hear it duck. Adjust threshold from maximum down until it starts to trigger. Get the attack and release settings to match the timing you want, then lower the compression ratio to taste.

thanx you both fof your answers

im not sure..

if i use alloy 2 in sidechain mode , will the compression applied tomy pad ONLY be applied when the kick drum gets in?

but above all, usually this kind of sidechain is used for kick and bass. in my case it should be for kick and Pad....any othere suggestion for this specific case ...as for which compressor is the best for that...or which parameters?

thanx

Giusmex wrote:thanx you both fof your answers

im not sure..

if i use alloy 2 in sidechain mode , will the compression applied tomy pad ONLY be applied when the kick drum gets in?

but above all, usually this kind of sidechain is used for kick and bass. in my case it should be for kick and Pad....any othere suggestion for this specific case ...as for which compressor is the best for that...or which parameters?

thanx
Hmm, i asked questions like these for years but it really ain't rocket science.
I recommend you equip yourself with smexescope or
http://betabugs.de/products/oszillos-me ... MDjjKyYSSo
and see what the controls on Alloy are doing to the waveforms you wish to duck are doing. Or buy Volumeshaper. Or Trackspacer/Spaceboy.
It really ain't about the tools - you just want to have a volume fade up.
Alloy should be more than enough :)
no sig

Cubase is supposed to be very good at handling audio. Just draw in those curves.

http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/pro ... n-of-pads/
no sig

Return to “Effects”