Installation window hangs

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Installing 7.06 Total Bundle, window hangs at about 98-99% showing .....Data/DocEffects/PWidening.txt (183 of 497)??? But if I then move mouse screen tells me installation successful (and everything seems to work).
I'm on Windows 7, x64.
Any ideas?

And is the installation successful? This is commonly caused by system's buffering - the plugin stops at certain point, where the buffers are full and system is actually writing the data. Then it starts again, but since the files are small, they are written virtually instantly (just into the system buffers though).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I see the same pause here (on several different MeldaProduction installs).

On one, I waited for 2 minutes but nothing happened. Clicking anywhere unhangs the window and completes the installation.

Then I get the "might not have installed correctly" report. Windows 7 64 Home Premium, running the installers "as Administrator" and with UAC set to "Never notify".
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Win 7 really does that - not sure why, but the installation is successful.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Win 7 really does that - not sure why, but the installation is successful.
Yes, installation is successful (apparently). And concurring with Darkstar, this same behaviour happened with me on a previous install as well (so 7.05 and 7.06). Both times it hung on '..Data/DocEffects/PWidening.txt (183 of 497)', but I think those actual numbers (183 of 497) were different on the 7.05 install. I have checked the actual PWidening document in App Data; it seems to be intact. So why is the install screen hanging at that point? Is it because that file is actually the very last file to be 'installed'? Or is their a problem with that file?

It's most probably the buffering thing I explained above. It could also be some kind of antivirus software etc...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:It's most probably the buffering thing I explained above. It could also be some kind of antivirus software etc...
Point taken, but one thing I just noticed; I found the PWidening.txt in two locations in my App Data/Roaming folder. First, 'MeldaProduction/PWidening.txt', and second 'MeldaProduction/Data/DocEffects/Pwidening.txt'. Is this relevant?

No, this is okay. Don't worry about it, if it works, then it works ;).
Vojtech

As a short reply, i got the new 7.06 Mastering Bundle x64. First deinstalled the old one, and started the new full installer and all worked fine without any problems or error/messages ;)

maniacoli wrote:As a short reply, i got the new 7.06 Mastering Bundle x64. First deinstalled the old one, and started the new full installer and all worked fine without any problems or error/messages ;)
Cool ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”