Help with shreddage/kontakt4/fl!!!!!!!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

okay and once last question i think, i got shreddage and shreddage x download part 1 and two, do i extract to same folder?
nevermind i got it, and also how do i change the MIDI input scaling?
also i have panned the channel one and two to left and right, but they play in both.

So my problems are: i cannot get it to pan, they play in both and causes my RAM to skyrocket.
I do not know how to program drums and other aspects without having the sound amped through the revalver.
and i need to change to midi output scaling to be more sensitive, but i do not know how.

Most of these are actually FL Studio questions as opposed to Shreddage, but luckily I'm an FL user!

To scale your MIDI controller's input, go to FL's Options -> MIDI Settings, then toward the bottom, look for the button that says "Curve" next to Velocity.

It sounds like you are putting ReValver on the master channel of FL Studio, which is why everything sounds amped. Kontakt needs its own channel in the mixer. If you go back and watch the video I posted earlier in the thread, it shows exactly how to set this up. Once Kontakt's outputs are properly set up, you can pan the channels in FL's mixer hard left and hard right to achieve the double-tracked effect. Again, shown directly in the video :)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

how would i move the curve? i still cant get the palm mute

To scale your MIDI controller's input, go to FL's Options -> MIDI Settings, then toward the bottom, look for the button that says "Curve" next to Velocity.
Click-drag. Left click to bend, right click to create point. Then save a preset.

Remember that you're using FL. You could just edit the velocities manually later. ;)

yeah but im new to this, i do not know how to make the song with pinch harmonics, palm mutes, and stuff lke that. also i cannot get it to pan left and right in the mixer. and i do not know anything about to velocity levels, i am using a lap top and need it more sensitive to play the palm mutes and such

Guess no one can help me?

HATKI wrote:Guess no one can help me?
HATKI, Andrew has pointed you to the video tutorial and also, has described how to manipulate the velocity curve for your midi device.
There is not much more anyone can do to help.

I know that sometimes its difficult to say in words what you are having trouble with, but maybe we're not quite understanding your problem, can you describe in detail?

Scar.

I'm not entirely clear on what the problem is, but it sounds like you may need to watch some tutorials on basic sequencing in FL Studio. Are you familiar with using the mouse in the piano roll and editing velocities / mod wheel from there? Once you learn how to do those things, using our library (or any other) won't be a problem.

Did you watch the tone crafting video in detail? That really shows exactly what to do to write notes, change articulations, use the modwheel, etc.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Yeah my bad I dont think i have been too clear. I watched the video he posted multiple times.

EDIT: I got it to pan, there was another option on my mixer.

My other problem is I do not know how to change the velocity curve to make it more sensitive. I am on a laptop and getting the heavy palm muted chugs is impossible right now. I also do not know how to use the modwheel and edit velocities as you said zircon, so i will try and find that video.
But my main problems are the panning insert 1 and 2 in the mixer, and changing velocity levels to be more sensitive so i can get the heavy palm mutes and pinch harmonics.
I also have problems with the CPU being too high and causes lag.

HATKI, go over to the FL forums and ask some questions regarding your daw.
It is clear that your problems are FL Studio related and not the Shreddage library or Kontakt.
The guys on the forums are really helpful and will have you up and running with no problems at all. :wink:

Scar.

okay thanks man.

Everyone is assuming that you are using a midi controller of some sort, are you?

No, my keyboard on my lap top.

It's really going to be difficult to accomplish different velocity levels and mod wheel with a laptop keyboard.
I think everyone assumed you were using a midi controller which makes using this library infinitely easier!
Get a real controller.
Regarding high cpu usage, can't help you without knowing cpu specs and if you're using impulse responses along with Kontakt, etc.

Yeah I don't know what impulse responses are. And I figured out how to get the palm chugs in piano roll. Could I use a piano keyboard that has a midi plug?
An how to the hell do I get the modeheel in the piano roll
Last edited by HATKI on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”