Tracktion returning?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's been a bit of a stirring on the Tracktion forum as of late.
I thought I would post about it here to catch the attention of those who may have enjoyed Tracktion at one time and have since moved on (often reluctantly) to other hosts, and may not be frequenting the Tracktion forum anymore.

Things we know for sure:
1: Jules has posted several times on the forum, for the first time since 2007.

2: The name "Mackie" has been stricken from the name of the forum. It was "Mackie Tracktion", now it's just "Tracktion". This coincided with the first new post from Jules.

3: Jules mentioned on the JUCE forum that he had been preoccuppied with a "secret project" that he could not speak about until after the NAMM show this January.

4: There had been a poll posted inquiring about people's willingness to crowd-source fund an updated version of Tracktion. Jules posted in that thread and said:
Thanks guys!

Really great that you're all offering support like this, but there's no need to worry about crowd-sourcing or anything like that - all that's required is a little patience until things can be revealed..
This all adds up to more than a little excitement over at the ol' T forum!
We're all :shock: and :o and more than a little :D

Did someone say tracktion might be back alive?

Was never dead. T was just resting. Beauty rest and all that.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

After all the good things I've heard about Tracktion, I'd love to try it some day :)

That's the only audio application I know of that cannot work with ASIO4ALL and my soundcard, both version 2 and 3. Even old freeware apps work with no problem. So, good luck Jules, and don't cry for me, buddy!

I liked Tracktion... besides the fact that it was unstable and crashed all the time for me on the Mac...

hibidy wrote:Image

Did someone say tracktion might be back alive?
Nice! :lol:

pdxindy wrote:I liked Tracktion... besides the fact that it was unstable and crashed all the time for me on the Mac...
If anyone can fix that it's Jules.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Oh, and:

Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Yeah, Tracktion was good. I didn't quite get it at first but looking back, it was quite ahead of it's time in a lot of ways.

Will be following developments with interest.

Tracktion was a very fun host.
Drag this, drag that, write a sequence, record that, and presto a song appears.

ostfront wrote:That's the only audio application I know of that cannot work with ASIO4ALL and my soundcard, both version 2 and 3. Even old freeware apps work with no problem. So, good luck Jules, and don't cry for me, buddy!
Hmm, works just fine here...Even on a crummy laptop sound card for when I don't have my proper interface with me.

I used Tracktion a few years back and really liked it at that time... a uniquely transparent DAW. I've moved along to Live for a few years and now most recently Samplitude and Reaper. I left Samplitude b/c it was too unstable.

I've finally seen the light and it's called Reaper. I am now totally blow away with Reaper... everything about it is amazing IMHO. It just simply works well for me. I fully intend to purchase a license after the holidays with my Christmas money!!! 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:I used Tracktion a few years back and really liked it at that time... a uniquely transparent DAW. I've moved along to Live for a few years and now most recently Samplitude and Reaper. I left Samplitude b/c it was too unstable.

I've finally seen the light and it's called Reaper. I am now totally blow away with Reaper... everything about it is amazing IMHO. It just simply works well for me. I fully intend to purchase a license after the holidays with my Christmas money!!! 8)
Yep. Lots of Tracktion users have moved on, many to Reaper (myself included). Reaper works well for me, but was quite a jarring experience, coming from Tracktion! :hihi:

I'm anxious to see what will be on offer after NAMM in January.
Like many others, I'm hopeful, but if Mackie is still involved, I'll probably just continue with Reaper. They've already proved that they aren't interested in spending the money to keep software bug-free and compatible.

:band2:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”