December Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:So if people have a problem with patriotic lyrics, have some fun - make it an entirely imagined land - take a leaf out of Johnathan Swift's book and parody the real thing, or just pick something ludicrous and make up an anthem for it.
I will go that way .I can be ludicrous.

I have something in mind already but I'm thinking I chose a very difficult path. But definitely very much in the tongue in cheek mold.

Hello, I need help in french langage about the december contest.

Bonjour,
Bon, j'ai bien compris qu'il s'agissait apparemment de composer un hymne national, c'est ça ?
Mais je n'ai pas compris s'il y avait des figures de style imposées (genre tel tempo, telle mesure).
Je n'ai pas compris non plus ce que c'était cette liste de morceaux sur la page "submission". Des exemples ?
Toute explication sera vraiment la bienvenue.
Merci d'avance.

Daniel Pompougnac wrote:Hello, I need help in french langage about the december contest.

Bonjour,
Bon, j'ai bien compris qu'il s'agissait apparemment de composer un hymne national, c'est ça ?
Mais je n'ai pas compris s'il y avait des figures de style imposées (genre tel tempo, telle mesure).
Je n'ai pas compris non plus ce que c'était cette liste de morceaux sur la page "submission". Des exemples ?
Toute explication sera vraiment la bienvenue.
Merci d'avance.

Hello Daniel --I will try this.

"Bon, j'ai bien compris qu'il s'agissait apparemment de composer un hymne national, c'est ça ?"

Oui, c'est tout.

"Mais je n'ai pas compris s'il y avait des figures de style imposées (genre tel tempo, telle mesure)."

Aucun style particulier ou tempo, vous pouvez juste faire ce qui sonne comme un hymne national d'un pays réel ou imaginaire. Vous pouvez avoir des voix, ou vous pouvez juste faire un instrumental.

"Je n'ai pas compris non plus ce que c'était cette liste de morceaux sur la page "submission". Des exemples ?"

Les règles de dire que vous devez utiliser tout ou partie d'une des chansons figurant sur la page de présentations dans votre chanson. Par exemple, vous pourriez changer, ralentir ou accélérer ou « mangle » il et ensuite l'utiliser en quelque sorte dans votre chanson. Ensuite, lorsque vous entrez votre chanson au concours de ce mois, vous nous dites juste dont la chanson vous avez utilisé. C'est tout ce qu'il le faut.

Les règles mentionnent qu'il "serait bon" si nous pouvons reconnaître un peu plus de la chanson d'exemple que vous utilisez dans votre présentation. Je soupçonne que ce sera difficile, mais nous pouvons essayer. Je vais essayer d'utiliser un filtre sur une des chansons dans cette liste peut-être hacher et l'utiliser dans le cadre d'un battement de tambour.

Savvy? :hihi:

J'espère que vous pardonnez ma tentative pauvre pour vous aider.

Cheers,
Alex

Yes, thank you very much, Alex ! :love:

OK, I summarize :

1 - I must compose a National Anthem
AND
2 - I must use a plug from the KVR Developper Challenge
AND
3 - I must use a part of a submission (only one) from the november contest.

Wow. Too closed for me. :?
I wait the next month, it's better.

Thank you again, Alex.

That's correct Daniel 8)

Why not give it a go mon ami? Put your imagination to work there--good mental exercise and all that! :wink:

Big holidays coming up--it's all I have to do anyway :lol:

I just reckon I'm going to have some fun with it and do up something totally off the wall (no offense there brother James) 8)

It's always been about the creative use of VSTi/FX innit--perfect time to dust off those filters (several available in the developer thread) re-synth engines, etc., and cook up sommat bizarre and whack.

This'd be right up the glitchers ol' back-alley! Where's Sean/vurt/Greils when they should be about? :)

Oh dear and brave Alex ! I bet you've been sweating more than a Zulu in a Scandinavian sauna, writing that French info translation/explication for Daniel !
Chapeau mon ami & all my respect !
BTW, that Azurite (chorus) from the KvR Developper Challenge is veeeeery good !

CU & cheers,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

MANGLER MAX! :hug:

I was just thinking yesterday this contest theme would be your "domaine d'expertise"! :)

Je ne sais pas si mon humble soumission compare bien aux efforts de vous ou cela banane allemand fou, mais je vais travailler dur! :wink:

Heureux de vous voir ici mon ami,
Alex 8)

Daniel Pompougnac wrote:
Wow. Too closed for me. :?
I wait the next month, it's better.
Daniel, il y a aussi un autre "contest" tous les mois sur ce site qui peut t'intéresser :
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-47-bazille
Moins de contraintes sinon le seul usage du softsynth du mois.
Dans l'espoir de te voir bientôt participer.

Thanks for the assistance, adj.

In other news: This is our last month with Phonec in the prize pool. Thanks again to Jack from Psychic Modulation.
No longer a moderator.

Hmm, beginning to wonder if I'll find time this month. Going to be away for the last week of the month so will have to get something done pronto.

Not all at once dudes.

By the way, PM me if you want me to use your contest entry of last month.

Emerald Tablet wrote:Not all at once dudes.

By the way, PM me if you want me to use your contest entry of last month.
You are welcome.
I might actually be using your entry if you do not mind.
It is actually very good.I think I was originally subconsciously disturbed by the (around) 10khz frequencies that come up in places and do fill quite a bit of (hearing )space.
Shangsean's "Firelight" might be my other option, if I go down the Latino route.
I have basically very little time this month(like many others it would seem) + I would also like to give a try to the OSC47 "Bazille" challenge.

you can always filter it or simply ask me to render a midi
(if i still can find it in my unstructured trash system)

lets see what i can come up with

D.H. Miltz wrote:Yikes, did I break the contest?
Being omniscient regarding such imponderables here's what's happening:

Folks have come up with some really bizarre stuff that's either still getting cooked up or they're sitting on trying to figure out whether to join in at all.

Once the first one shows the world his funky tune, the others will suddenly find the courage to do the same.

Otherwise, as the closing date nears, if hardly any entries are in, the lure of the better chances to win will probably come into play.

The first time I entered the contest years ago, I got my tune in, as usual, right before the closing bell, which got the number of entries up to 20.

So what if there aren't many KVRIans in it this month? As long as it's at least a handful the contest will continue on. Besides, on the bright side, the fewer the entries, the fewer who might be disappointed. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”