Windows 7: Hate it.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO
Idiot! Creep back behind the stone you came from slime-thing.
*RAWR* (That's my slime voice)

Chill man. It's a forum. Words on a screen. Get thee hence.
Isn' t it time for you to get out of the trailer before your mom return with another customer? Somebody has to pay for the crack your are smoking, ya know :wink:

IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Isn' t it time for you to get out of the trailer before your mom return with another customer? Somebody has to pay for the crack your are smoking, ya know :wink:
Hehe...

We don't have too many trailers in Australia. Maybe think of a more appropriate insult according to my geography :D
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Hehe...

We don't have too many trailers in Australia. Maybe think of a more appropriate insult according to my geography :D
Chill man. It's a forum. Words on a screen. Get thee hence :wink:

IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Hehe...

Chill man. It's a forum. Words on a screen. Get thee hence :wink:
:clap:
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

audiobot202 wrote:
:clap:
Does this mean you do not want to fight?...

...Damn!

:x :D

Ok. Let it go then:

Edit: What a depressing video. Here is a better one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZXlCUNm9cg
Last edited by IncarnateX on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok so thanks to the help from you guys I have it looking reasonable now.
:clap::clap::clap:

I still hate it, but I guess I need to think of Dylan "the times, they are a changing".

It will NEVER go on my DAW though. That I can be 100% confident of.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Ok so thanks to the help from you guys I have it looking reasonable now.
:clap::clap::clap:

I still hate it, but I guess I need to think of Dylan "the times, they are a changing".

It will NEVER go on my DAW though. That I can be 100% confident of.
lol, that's too bad. The audio kernel is actually quite good in Windows 7.

Any other questions though, just ask! Been using Windows 7 since it was released, so I've had time to find things!

Brent
My host is better than your host

Er, I thought 7 was the best so far... And I'm a Mac guy. :)

DHR53 wrote:Er, I thought 7 was the best so far... And I'm a Mac guy. :)
I think that most Windows 7 users will agree with you. No operating system will please everyone. But it's rare that I talk to a Win7 user who doesn't think it is the best one yet.

As somebody who works on it both for my "day job" along with my two personal computers for freelance work and some decent gaming time, I love it. I've never had less problems with an OS, including both PC and MAC systems. Most people don't even get into some of the reasons why it's better though, either. Things like the application crash management and troubleshooting are far more robust than previous versions. Security options are more plentiful under Win7. System diagnostics are also more flexible and provide a lot more information overall, should you need to check the process logs and other things.

So overall, I think most people do think it's the best. But it definitely isn't for everyone.

Brent

DHR53 wrote:Er, I thought 7 was the best so far... And I'm a Mac guy. :)
I agree, though I haven't upgraded my home (DAW) machine to it as Vista works fine. :shrug:

I'm way more afraid that eventually I'll have to go to Windows 8, which looks horrific to me. I hope there's some way to disable that silly UI. Every time I see it in a commercial I think, "Yup, that looks slick on a commercial, but I bet it sucks to use in real life."

Here's the cold truth though. Regardless if you're a Windows or OSX user, the OS isn't designed for us. It's made for basic office workers and people who surf the web. Apple is a bit better because they focus on things like their iMovie, Logic and Garageband, but even they are starting to suck really hard these days with doing things like burying files in "Library" files. My wife's old iBook had a hard drive failure and I was all, "Oh no prob, we've got a Time Machine back up!" I was pissed to find iPhoto had taken all of her photos and put them in some monolithic library file... which was somehow corrupted in the back up. Lucky for me I know how to dig into those things and get files out of them, but wtf? Does Apple think basic files in a folder are too much for people?

So, I think that no matter what OS you use these days you'll have to spend time customizing the settings to make it work reasonably well for DAW and other types of "Pro" media use.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Just wait until MS stops supporting 7 and you have to go to Win8. I think the tile design was made by children who worked at McDonalds and are used to pictures on cash registers instead of numbers....
Idiocracy indeed.

osiris wrote:Just wait until MS stops supporting 7 and you have to go to Win8. I think the tile design was made by children who worked at McDonalds and are used to pictures on cash registers instead of numbers....
Idiocracy indeed.
But honestly, that's likely many years off.

Also, you CAN disable Metro, from what I have seen. The general Windows interface is still there, though slightly changed, if you want it.

With that being said, I don't currently have plans to upgrade to Windows 8. I may change my mind at some point, but I'm extremely happy with 7 and I see nothing in Windows 8 that helps me.

Brent

I need windows 8 like I need a house full of black mambas.

Also kind of weird my 5 year old MacBook won't load the latest OSX version but I can load the latest Windows version... Go figure. I may just do that, Ha!

windows 8 was really a pleasant surprise for me, i don't really care for the metro part of it....but audio performance is really ( really ) great, i upgraded from win 7

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”