ACE sounds recommendations

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any one have any experiences they would like to share of the many Soundset offerings for ACE?

Now that it has an new multithreaded mode, it becomes more usable for my multi voiced mega projects. I don't use a host that allows freezing so what I end up doing is recording submixes with 6 instruments ending up with about 12-18 part arrangements. This all put together in Numerology Pro.

Thanks for anyhelp!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Shameless self promotion, look in my sig ;)

Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Totolitoto wrote:Shameless self promotion, look in my sig ;)
Yes totally shameless.

I'll listen to the Demos carefully in the next days...

Any user feedback on this set?

Nice write up. I'm still checking the sounds, have been involved with some other stuff. So this is a process that I suppose will be going on for a few weeks, IN SEARCH OF SOUNDS FOR ANY CABLE EVERYWHERE a soundmaker most splenderiferous!

It''s also away to survey just what this synth has brought forth in the Heavyweight Sound designers.

It' is my theory that because of the unique way of working sounds are created that in other perhaps more straight forward UI's wouldn't be discovered.

Also I've always just loved the pure quality of the sound. It's what brought me into the U-he.com uh-e,niverse..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nothing wrong with shameless self promotion..just sayin
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

risome wrote:Nothing wrong with shameless self promotion..just sayin
No Nothing wrong with selfpromotion, here there and everywhere!!

But I am asking for user feedback example tracks to third party sounds.

Tasmodia Accelarator and ACE Cream get me excited right away, The sounds and Demos just shine, oozing quality from the moment you press play on the Demo tracks...

Maybe it's also just the core aesthetic behind his work that seems to strike a chord of recognition. I'm not into DANCETRANCETECHNOFOOLERY. I'm more interested in deep reflections, weird sound circus, orchestral color, textures, Depth and movement, and Dynamic build ups over 15 29 49 seconds..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I presume you have checked out all the free ones at the u-he patch exchange site?

aMUSEd wrote:I presume you have checked out all the free ones at the u-he patch exchange site?
Yes thanks I have and have downloaded most available. And you were a great contributor to the library.

I must admit that because of my way of working without freezing tracks ACE and Diva haven't seen very much use, But now with my recent computer upgrade I'm getting into ACE now, then Diva as a sort of christmas present to myself. A jouful season of discovering to really get into them, study their soundsdesign possiblities using them in my arrangements..

I'm on a search through the Commerical sets available, I find the drive to create best work for commercial release can bring an intensity to the creators efforts and as a result in a best case scenario give the sounds something extra.

Also by buying soundsets I see it as a way to give something back to the community.

I'm noticing that mostly there hasn't been anything new released for tha last year or so.

I think now though as more and more people get computers that can handle the CPU load as well as the recent addition of multicore support, that ACE is now really worth a second look.

For me also it's about learning to use the modular ideas by studying these masterful examples. Also seen in that light of a release of the Full on Berlin Modular in the not too distant future.

By giving ACE a thorough going over now it's like scouting out the technology in advance.

Also it will be more satisfying to me to have built up sounds and arrangements on an instrument plugin that will be updated in the future. While sounds made with Bazille once it gets finished and released will likely fall by the way side as the Alpha version won't get updated for future OS's. Not to say learning the ropes on Bazille now isn't a very good idea..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

We've got a Howie set coming up. Not sure if when and how. But ACE has become Howie's old new favourite, so he's relentlessly patching up.

Urs wrote:We've got a Howie set coming up. Not sure if when and how. But ACE has become Howie's old new favourite, so he's relentlessly patching up.
I often end up using Howards patches in ACE or Diva. So if he produces a soundset for ACE I'm most certainly interested.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Urs wrote:We've got a Howie set coming up. Not sure if when and how. But ACE has become Howie's old new favourite, so he's relentlessly patching up.
I often end up using Howards patches in ACE or Diva. So if he produces a soundset for ACE I'm most certainly interested.
+1 :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

I too discovered U-He with ACE, and adore that synth. Monomo has done a new DIVA patch set that's really good.

I am putting together free patch sets for DIVA and ACE, and eventually Zebra, but these will be small sets of high quality, old school, "instruments for players." It will be a while before it's finished, because I build the patches one at a time for my projects, which take forever...

One thing's for sure with these synths - people will continue to produce amazing stuff with them for a long, long time to come. And I assume that a lot of musicians are just learning how to program them and building their sets up to perfection for the next few years.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Ace Bundle - http://elxsound.com/?p=238

Myself and Josiah Christensen designed the package, but there's reviews for it in quite a few places.

Return to “u-he”