What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Windows 7: Hate it.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

IncarnateX
KVRAF

1790 posts since 25 Jan, 2009

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am

audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Idiot! Creep back behind the stone you came from slime-thing.

*RAWR* (That's my slime voice)

Chill man. It's a forum. Words on a screen. Get thee hence.

Isn' t it time for you to get out of the trailer before your mom return with another customer? Somebody has to pay for the crack your are smoking, ya know :wink:
audiobot202
KVRian

1130 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby audiobot202; Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 am

IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Isn' t it time for you to get out of the trailer before your mom return with another customer? Somebody has to pay for the crack your are smoking, ya know :wink:

Hehe...

We don't have too many trailers in Australia. Maybe think of a more appropriate insult according to my geography :D
Tracktion is BAAAAAACK !!!
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 am

audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Hehe...

We don't have too many trailers in Australia. Maybe think of a more appropriate insult according to my geography :D

Chill man. It's a forum. Words on a screen. Get thee hence :wink:
audiobot202
KVRian

1130 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Adelaide, South Australia

Postby audiobot202; Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:20 am

IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
OH BOO HOO

Hehe...

Chill man. It's a forum. Words on a screen. Get thee hence :wink:

:clap:
Tracktion is BAAAAAACK !!!
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 am

audiobot202 wrote:
:clap:

Does this mean you do not want to fight?...

...Damn!

:x :D

Ok. Let it go then:

Edit: What a depressing video. Here is a better one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZXlCUNm9cg
Last edited by IncarnateX on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6293 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 am

Ok so thanks to the help from you guys I have it looking reasonable now.
:clap::clap::clap:

I still hate it, but I guess I need to think of Dylan "the times, they are a changing".

It will NEVER go on my DAW though. That I can be 100% confident of.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
koolkeys
KVRAF

16079 posts since 2 Dec, 2003, from Nashville, TN

Postby koolkeys; Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:Ok so thanks to the help from you guys I have it looking reasonable now.
:clap::clap::clap:

I still hate it, but I guess I need to think of Dylan "the times, they are a changing".

It will NEVER go on my DAW though. That I can be 100% confident of.
lol, that's too bad. The audio kernel is actually quite good in Windows 7.

Any other questions though, just ask! Been using Windows 7 since it was released, so I've had time to find things!

Brent
DHR53
KVRAF

2786 posts since 21 Oct, 2002, from "somewhere between digital and analog"

Postby DHR53; Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:44 am

Er, I thought 7 was the best so far... And I'm a Mac guy. :)
koolkeys
KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 am

DHR53 wrote:Er, I thought 7 was the best so far... And I'm a Mac guy. :)
I think that most Windows 7 users will agree with you. No operating system will please everyone. But it's rare that I talk to a Win7 user who doesn't think it is the best one yet.

As somebody who works on it both for my "day job" along with my two personal computers for freelance work and some decent gaming time, I love it. I've never had less problems with an OS, including both PC and MAC systems. Most people don't even get into some of the reasons why it's better though, either. Things like the application crash management and troubleshooting are far more robust than previous versions. Security options are more plentiful under Win7. System diagnostics are also more flexible and provide a lot more information overall, should you need to check the process logs and other things.

So overall, I think most people do think it's the best. But it definitely isn't for everyone.

Brent
zerocrossing
KVRAF

7097 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am

DHR53 wrote:Er, I thought 7 was the best so far... And I'm a Mac guy. :)

I agree, though I haven't upgraded my home (DAW) machine to it as Vista works fine. :shrug:

I'm way more afraid that eventually I'll have to go to Windows 8, which looks horrific to me. I hope there's some way to disable that silly UI. Every time I see it in a commercial I think, "Yup, that looks slick on a commercial, but I bet it sucks to use in real life."

Here's the cold truth though. Regardless if you're a Windows or OSX user, the OS isn't designed for us. It's made for basic office workers and people who surf the web. Apple is a bit better because they focus on things like their iMovie, Logic and Garageband, but even they are starting to suck really hard these days with doing things like burying files in "Library" files. My wife's old iBook had a hard drive failure and I was all, "Oh no prob, we've got a Time Machine back up!" I was pissed to find iPhoto had taken all of her photos and put them in some monolithic library file... which was somehow corrupted in the back up. Lucky for me I know how to dig into those things and get files out of them, but wtf? Does Apple think basic files in a folder are too much for people?

So, I think that no matter what OS you use these days you'll have to spend time customizing the settings to make it work reasonably well for DAW and other types of "Pro" media use.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
osiris
KVRAF

7318 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

Just wait until MS stops supporting 7 and you have to go to Win8. I think the tile design was made by children who worked at McDonalds and are used to pictures on cash registers instead of numbers....
Idiocracy indeed.
koolkeys
KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:59 am

osiris wrote:Just wait until MS stops supporting 7 and you have to go to Win8. I think the tile design was made by children who worked at McDonalds and are used to pictures on cash registers instead of numbers....
Idiocracy indeed.
But honestly, that's likely many years off.

Also, you CAN disable Metro, from what I have seen. The general Windows interface is still there, though slightly changed, if you want it.

With that being said, I don't currently have plans to upgrade to Windows 8. I may change my mind at some point, but I'm extremely happy with 7 and I see nothing in Windows 8 that helps me.

Brent
hibidy
KVRAF

40575 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am

I need windows 8 like I need a house full of black mambas.
DHR53
KVRAF

2786 posts since 21 Oct, 2002, from "somewhere between digital and analog"

Postby DHR53; Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 am

Also kind of weird my 5 year old MacBook won't load the latest OSX version but I can load the latest Windows version... Go figure. I may just do that, Ha!
digidennis
KVRist

58 posts since 6 Jan, 2010

Postby digidennis; Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 am

windows 8 was really a pleasant surprise for me, i don't really care for the metro part of it....but audio performance is really ( really ) great, i upgraded from win 7
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration