Moderator: Moderators (Main)
by kx77free; Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 am
09/11/2012 : Major update 1.5
Various improvements and new filters added, including those of the CS70M.
- Better reset of the voices (filters and oscillators).
- Now, the levels of the harmonics before the cut off do not decrease when the resonance is high (lp or bp, 18,12, 6).
- A soft Tanh process has been implemented in some d* filters, the signal is modified by the Tanh process following the input level. This is similar but produces less distortions.
- Four SV filters (lp, hp, bp, notch) added with the possibility to adjust the number of poles of the slope (2 to 4, 12dB to 24 dB).
- Two CS70M filters added (lp, hp), a special version of the SV filter with the same limits found in the tests: the cut off limited to 7040hz (9 volts) and the resonance level limited to 0.88.
- A GUI tool added: you can change the joystick background color to identify your plug-in if you have a session with many plug-ins used.
- The internal help texte has been modified to correct some errors and to update the test values.
- The cut off of the MgL2 filter was false, the values used were not those of the oversampled filters.
- In some cases, the F1-F2 mix multiplied the stereo Vcf output by 0, doing an anormal CPU use.
by kx77free; Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm
I forgot to fix the Fx2 bug before the 1.5 update...
I added the CS70 lead of the last video inside the internal bank.
You can use the Midi learn to control the XY values (mini knobs) of the joystick with the Wheel .
18/11/2012: Kx-PolyMod, version 1.51:
- The delay time of the FX2 was false (divided by 60) when it was synchronized by the host.
by kx77free; Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm
I'm working on a special version of this one, with same oscillators and filters but with it that will more easy to build presets like the CS with two stereo layers, with 2 Egs per layer. I will try to adapt a simplified version of my X16 sequencer for this new product.
by kx77free; Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 pm
Sometime I like to do some improvisation like K. Schulze,
just because this author is my electronic music reference.
I give my apologies for the listeners because
this is not really always correctly played!
It's just drafts...
KX-POLYMOD - KS Dream - Run to the wall of the past
KX-POLYMOD - KS Dream - Magic sequence
KX-POLYMOD - KS Dream - Play and Rec
by kx77free; Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:26 pm
Caution: this new version is not compatible with the old PC with Athlon XP processor!!
Changes since v1.51:
- New SFO compatible with the PAN feature of SF2 banks.
- New SSE2 SEM modules, up to 7% CPU won (min requirement >= Athlon K8 and P4).
- Improvement of the loading of large SF2 banks.
- Vcfs: possibility to replace the parameter "Master Cut" (F1 and F2) by a simple Cut off (F1).
- Improvement of the Fx: new sources of modulation, new SV filter (2 to 4 poles), dry level added.
- Filter Fx: now it is not necessary to set the resonance to half in LP mode to have a flat response curve.
- Lfo: peak follower added to smooth the Sample and Hold signal.
- Some automation names corrected.
- All notes are stopped when the selectors "P Max" or "P Note" are modified.
- The plug-in was overloaded when the distortion was oversampled if the sustain level, the release time of the Vca Eg were set to 0 and also when the Pan was on the left or on the right (too small signal level to the oversampled distortion).
by RunBeerRun; Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 pm
Also enjoy the orange background, my monitor is old and I have to keep the brightness down to maintain it, so grey on black gui's are all mush.
by Ingonator; Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:25 am
by kx77free; Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 am
I'm not on the web on this moment (to many bla-bla for nothing), I prefer to do music and to work on my virtual instruments.
I'm working on new Kx-Polymod version including a simplified version of my X16 analog CV Gate sequencer and also the possibility to use the 4 envelops, the RM to the matrix destinations, F1,F2,Vol1 and Vol2.
I added two SINE oscillators to the Vca inputs.
In fact I want to do a real stereo patch like a Yamaha CS.
Because I want retrieve the feeling of this instrument.
It is close to be finish, I must work on the presets.
I started also to translate my SDK2 SEM modules to the SE SDK3 to be ready when SE will export VST in 64 bit.
18/04/2013: Kx-PolyMod, version 1.54:
- The S=0 envelop option could generate audio clicks with a short release time.
- The decay and release times were modified by the sustain level. A selector has been added to preserve the compatibility with the actual presets.
- Possibility of bug with the Fx2 synchronized with a very low host tempo.
- The Fx decay is now based on the synthesizer output and on the midi input to avoid to stop the Fx with a short decay when the Vca envelop is synchronized with the host tempo.
*This version replaces the 1.53 (provided the same day 18/04/2013) with the bug when the sustain is to 0, I though to delete it with the 1.52 (sorry for that...).