Steinberg list Cubase 7 Known Issues

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As it happens, I've just heard from Steinberg; the issue noted above has been fixed on their end. (It was, in fact, a cock-up on their part.) As to whether it will make the initial release or the first maintenance release is open to question.

BERFAB wrote: Likewise, I'm glad they're looking very hard at the new release and can give us a heads up on what doesn't work.

Plus, it's a pretty short list.

-B
Up to now :wink:

Crandall1 wrote:As it happens, I've just heard from Steinberg; the issue noted above has been fixed on their end. (It was, in fact, a cock-up on their part.) As to whether it will make the initial release or the first maintenance release is open to question.
Which issue? The ilok issue the mixer issue or the Audio Damage issue? :?:

dblock wrote:
Crandall1 wrote:As it happens, I've just heard from Steinberg; the issue noted above has been fixed on their end. (It was, in fact, a cock-up on their part.) As to whether it will make the initial release or the first maintenance release is open to question.
Which issue? The ilok issue the mixer issue or the Audio Damage issue? :?:
look at his signature or his post the page before.

Audio Damage
rsp

Looks like a good reason not to upgrade.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

Not really anything major and the AD plugin issues seems minor.

Personally I dont use ilok1 only 2 so no issue here. Change is good, sometimes, personally looking forward to 7 and the updated features override the minor issues.

Another known issue:

"Site down for maintenance
Dear visitor,

We are offline to prepare a smooth Cubase 7 launch. We'll be back soon."

What do they mean by "pre 2.4 plugs may not work" ?

1/2 of my plugs are SDK 2.3 and below... :roll:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Waiting a bit before updating seems a sensible idea...pity

Yeah, approach this particular update, like all version updates, with caution if you are a working musician. If your current 6 or 6.5 install ain't broke, don't go fixing it just to get some new shiny that you didn't know you needed until a couple weeks ago. Just the other day I got a support request from someone who was having all sorts of problems right before their show, and who was all in a panic. Get this: a week before their live date, they decided to do their set in Live 9.

Go figure.

We get letters like that all the time. If your system is stable, and you're in the middle of something, upgrading _anything_ should be approached with caution.

So, the eLicenser Control Center crashes after I enter the activation code and press "upgrade". Anyone else with this issue?

Edit: Just in case anyone else have this problem, the solution that was given to me on steinberg.net was to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\Tools\eLicenserCore.dll to something else. Worked fine here at least.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”