I'm getting close to finishing the orchestral bank, finally!!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Esgalachoir wrote:
zouki wrote:Thanks Esgalachoir! We are all waiting patiently... almost! As for X-mas...

*<|;-}

Zouki
:) ;)
Fritze wrote:Ah, I can help you with that: PLEASE POST IT!!!
Hopefully I can throw it up there by tonight.
What?!?! Are you kidding!?!?

Zouki

Esgalachoir wrote:Genius? I dunno about that...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I prefer to call myself dangerously obsessed with realism...:hihi:
Yeah, right. That's normal IMNSHO. Just kidding... 8)

Will this set contain wind instruments or mostly strings. I am fascinated by wind instrument emulation hopefully this is in there.
The sleeper must awaken.

diggler wrote:Will this set contain wind instruments or mostly strings. I am fascinated by wind instrument emulation hopefully this is in there.
If you'd read back one page in this thread, you would've seen:
Esgalachoir wrote:So far the bank, as it stands in it's current form: 10 brass patches, 7 string patches, 5 woodwinds, 9 keys, 22 percussion, 26 soundscapes, and 4 sequences.
/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

diggler wrote:Will this set contain wind instruments or mostly strings. I am fascinated by wind instrument emulation hopefully this is in there.
I'm hoping to get some more woodwinds in there, but I'm at the point where, to achieve variety, I'm going to have to get a little experimental. I could be wrong, and therefore need to try some new approaches to constructing woodwind patches, but we'll see.
Anyways, here's another track using the soundset, as well as some of my more avant-garde synth patches(They're towards the end)
I meant to post this last night, but I got home and... :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

https://soundcloud.com/esgalachoir/pict ... -all-zebra

It's kind of funny, I did this for a short film and had no idea what I was doing. While this track stands on it's own, I was surprised by how little you need to make the music work for a film and not against it.
zouki wrote:What?!?! Are you kidding!?!?

zouki
Ahhh, I believe I may have mislead you, I meant the demo track! The bank isn't quite ready yet, I'm sorry! :oops:

;-)

Zouki

I got shivers all around.

We're not worthy, Esgalachoir. Top-notch atmosphere you got going on there!

Top notch work Corin! Congrat!

Beautiful colors and arrangement! :)

My Zebra is very hungry, when i can feed with this orchestral food?

Cheers, :)
Joseph

Thanks yet again everyone for the encouraging remarks! :)
hollo wrote:Top notch work Corin! Congrat!

Beautiful colors and arrangement! :)

My Zebra is very hungry, when i can feed with this orchestral food?

Cheers, :)
Joseph
Soon! I'd really like to have it out a little before Christmas! :)

Pictures and Mazes is really amazing!
Great to read you're still working.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Pictures and Mazes has that rare quality where you don't really think about 'synth' or 'acoustic' or 'real' or 'emulation' - it just is, an organic whole.

Having spent a good deal of my life as a filmmaker in various roles, I can only emphasize that in film, 'less' is often 'more' when it comes to music. In fact, film is a form of music, relying on tempo, rhythm, accelerandos and ritardandos, pp and ff.

Impressed!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Wow I must say! Very very Nice, I have inspiration for Movie Like soundtracks as well! Better than Nexus Orchestral Sounds!, And they're probably real sampled instrument's too! :)...I guess Allot of Reverb was Used?, You can create a simple violin by using slight portamento and cut out the "dry" signal in the reverb, and prehaps a little attack on the ADSR of the env :)...But carrying on, Zebra will probably or most certainly be in my music arsenal for a long set of years to come! and wow even a Phenom 1100t six core got spikes? Really? I have a Phenom 965 X4!...And there's not much difference in terms of speed between them!
DJBenniboy - (Soundcloud) http://www.soundcloud.com/benniboyproductions :)

(Youtube) - http://www.youtube.com/DJBenniboyOfficial

(Twitter)
@djbenniboy

check my patches out @ www.u-he.com/PatchLib/zebra.html

ErikH wrote:Pictures and Mazes is really amazing!
Great to read you're still working.
Thanks! :)

Spitfire31 wrote:Pictures and Mazes has that rare quality where you don't really think about 'synth' or 'acoustic' or 'real' or 'emulation' - it just is, an organic whole.

Having spent a good deal of my life as a filmmaker in various roles, I can only emphasize that in film, 'less' is often 'more' when it comes to music. In fact, film is a form of music, relying on tempo, rhythm, accelerandos and ritardandos, pp and ff.

Impressed!

/Joachim
As to the organic quality, mission successful for me then...that's pretty much exactly what I set out to do...you've got to let the instruments be themselves...

As for a film being music itself, that really hit home when I sat down to score for the first time.

Thanks!

Return to “u-he”