Setting up a drum (TX16Wx)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I'm testing out TX16Wx.
What's the easiest way to import drum-samples for a drum-set instrument?
I tried drag n'drop 12samples of different velocities for kick but they didn't line up right.

Tried shift, but that didn't do it.

Thanks!

Hi G-Sun,

Sorry, right now you are out of luck as you have to map these files manually. I already asked for something similar in this thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365267

Let's hope this gets addressed soon :)

Ok,
then testing is over for me :)

Thanks for the quick response!

You shouldn't give up so fast.

EvilDragon wrote:You shouldn't give up so fast.
Hi ED :)
Well, setting up a drum-instrument was the task needed,
and doing all sample-velocities manually is just to time-consuming.
(and Shortcircuit does this quite well)

So, maybe another time for another purpose..

Just keep it on your hard drive and watch out for any updates. It's not exactly a huge download, so it can't be a bother ;)

I will :)

Ok, I've read this, and EDs kontakt-screens too. Seems I'll have fix a velocity layer drop feature pretty soon. I'll try to have something by the weekend or so.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:Ok, I've read this, and EDs kontakt-screens too. Seems I'll have fix a velocity layer drop feature pretty soon. I'll try to have something by the weekend or so.
Cheers
/C
Awesome :thumbsup:

I think using a modifier key (Shift) on drag n'drop would be perfect.

Shift is spoken for (setting range), but ctrl is still free. 8)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:Shift is spoken for (setting range), but ctrl is still free. 8)
you could try independance free or UVI soundstation in the meantime

Can't see why should this need a modifier, really. Kontakt's method is really the bee's knees. Really usable.

elcallio wrote:Shift is spoken for (setting range), but ctrl is still free. 8)
Sorry, ctrl it is :)
EvilDragon wrote:Can't see why should this need a modifier, really. Kontakt's method is really the bee's knees. Really usable.
And how is Kontaks method.
For the record: I trust ED in this ;)

EvilDragon wrote:Can't see why should this need a modifier, really. Kontakt's method is really the bee's knees. Really usable.
Because kontakt does not have splits. To expand: since each group can have multiple samples mapped to it, and d&d lets you drop new samples into new splits in an existing group, dropping stuff in the keyboard region is "reserved" for "absolutely create new group even if we're overlapping".

To recapitulate:
  1. Drop sample(s) with root in empty region in key mapper -> new group with samples laid out from drop point to min(keyboard max, highest root + <spacing (5)>)
  2. Drop sample(s) without root in empty region -> new group with samples at fixed intervals (setting:1) starting at drop point
  3. Drop sample(s) holding ALT -> same as 2.)
  4. Drop sample(s) in/over existing group -> samples mapped in new splits starting at max(drop point, split key + 1) to end of the split using same rules as 1 & 2
  5. Drop sample(s) in keyboard region -> force create new group (by 1, 2 or 3 rules) even if overlapping group exists
  6. Use shift key to set high region (first move to low key, then press shift and move to high key
  7. (New) Drop samples with CTRL held -> maps samples as velocity layers in the order of files dropped. (Setting:) If the samples have varying root keys, the algorithm will search for matching roots create groups partitioned round these points, i.e you can drop x samples that are in both velocity and key range and the algo will lay them out as velocity layered multi samples.
    (In all cases here it is de facto file names that determine layout order, which i cannot say I approve of, but I doubt trusting in instrument chunks (rare!) is preferable).
    Note that ALT key and/or setting can turn of the two-dimensional behaviour, thus force just velocity layer mapping (ALT basically means ignore root key)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: [*](New) Drop samples with CTRL held -> maps samples as velocity layers in the order of files dropped.
When I do this, dropping several selected samples from the file browser, the velocity layers are always arranged the same way regardless of how I select the files in the browser ie. makes no difference if I select the loudest then shift+click the softest or vice versa.

Is this a bug or have I misunderstood your post?

Return to “CWITEC”