Jamup xt vs jamup pro xt

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering about the "XT": I seem to have Jamup Pro XT (64 presets, Wah and Octaver, etc...) and my in-app purchases are all accounted for. But it doesn't say "XT" anywhere: not the icon, not the GUI, etc. All I see is "Jamup Pro". Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Yeah, JamUp Pro XT is 2.0, it's just too long for display.
Breeze wrote:I'm wondering about the "XT": I seem to have Jamup Pro XT (64 presets, Wah and Octaver, etc...) and my in-app purchases are all accounted for. But it doesn't say "XT" anywhere: not the icon, not the GUI, etc. All I see is "Jamup Pro". Is this the way it's supposed to be?
Calvin @ Positive Grid
http://www.positivegrid.com

Tried the lite version and bought the pro since it was darn cheap.
Compared to the other guitar fx apps the interface really seems to be made for the iphone, so much space wasted on the ipad.
Will there be an ipad version with improved gui?

Besides that the sound is great (most important) and I like the way you can chain the fx.

Yes, good timing, we are working on new GUIs, will certainly consider that...

If you get more comment/ideas, free fell to let us know..
Redje wrote:Tried the lite version and bought the pro since it was darn cheap.
Compared to the other guitar fx apps the interface really seems to be made for the iphone, so much space wasted on the ipad.

Besides that the sound is great (most important) and I like the way you can chain the fx.
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Calvin J. Abel wrote:Yes, good timing, we are working on new GUIs, will certainly consider that...

That is nice to hear.
Looking forward to it.

A few ideas:
A waveform graph would be nice in the record window so you can click on it and rerecord at that position.
The share option is really great but in stead of likes a 5 star rating would be better imho. Its hard to tell which ones a "good".
Show icons for what amps/fx are used for that preset. Semi-transparent icon when you don't have that amp/fx, click on it and it takes you to the store.
Currently I can't find what amp/fx is used in a shared preset even if I click the Go button.

We've talked about showing the presets using graphics, maybe audio as well. Or even better, to have a way to preview... The thinking of "like" is that the best gets most likes.

yeah those are good ideas. keep it coming...
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Calvin J. Abel wrote:Yes, good timing, we are working on new GUIs, will certainly consider that...

Hi Calvin,

I totally love JamUp, the sounds are superior compared to anything else I've tried!

The only thing I really miss is the ability to record while using the Jam Player, something like a 4 track recorder (with the option to load a song into one of the tracks) would make this software complete.

Any plans on this?

Also, as Redje stated, showing what amps/fx a preset contains would be great, it's hard to find what you need to buy right now.

Regards
Rickard

I have been using it quite a bit lately and what I also think is that the 64 presets slots is on the low side. 64 per bank would be nicer. Its software so a hard limit is to strict.

Another note is that its not possible to have like two delay stomp boxes since the slots for stomp type are pre-definied. In other apps you can use multiple fx of the same type. No a big problem but would be nice to be fully modular.

glad you are liking it.

Recorder is useful, we've been looking at that... There are few options coming out soon, the JamUp-Auria, and the JamUp-Audiobus.

And yes we are working on multiple effects from the same category...
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Looking forward to the addition or Audiobus, especially when Auria gets it too.

One thing i'd like to see is a better looper when jaming. I'd like to be able to loop a whole track. Using the marker points is impossible, good for isolating a part of a song, but a nightmare for looping a whole loop if that makes any sense.

I can use JamUp in background mode and jam along with iTunes and use that to loop my loops, but I lose the ability to speedup/slow down tracks that the JamUp jam option gives me.

Calvin J. Abel wrote:glad you are liking it.

Recorder is useful, we've been looking at that... There are few options coming out soon, the JamUp-Auria, and the JamUp-Audiobus.

JamUp-Auria, didn't know that. Sweet! When will the 1.0.4 version be available?

Also, will it reflect the in-app purchases and presets made in the "full" JamUp application?

Regards
Rickard

In Auria, it will be a VST plug-in for the essential pack only, due to Apple's policy, Auria is not allowed to unlock the in-app purchase, so will need to repurchase.
boegmunken wrote:

JamUp-Auria, didn't know that. Sweet! When will the 1.0.4 version be available?

Also, will it reflect the in-app purchases and presets made in the "full" JamUp application?

Regards
Rickard
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Will the other packs be available in the plugin version, repurchased or not? I'm loving auria since I got it last week, and putting these things in context is pretty crazy. I paid $25 for auria and am getting reali mixing done, and $5 for jam up plus $10 for the bass amps. Even if its another $30 for jam up in auria when I eventually can get it, still, for under $100 to have this much power in an ipad? Crazy. I had the guitar port years ago, and then eventually purchased the vst capability for pod farm because it was handy to have it as a plugin. Anyway, I look forward to all of this, my jump to ios this Summer sure came at a good time!

The plan is to add all the models eventually, it will give all the tone options to guitar and bass players. Unless Apple update their policy, will need to repurchase.
mrufino1 wrote:Will the other packs be available in the plugin version, repurchased or not? I'm loving auria since I got it last week, and putting these things in context is pretty crazy. I paid $25 for auria and am getting reali mixing done, and $5 for jam up plus $10 for the bass amps. Even if its another $30 for jam up in auria when I eventually can get it, still, for under $100 to have this much power in an ipad? Crazy. I had the guitar port years ago, and then eventually purchased the vst capability for pod farm because it was handy to have it as a plugin. Anyway, I look forward to all of this, my jump to ios this Summer sure came at a good time!
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Wait a minute, I bought Jamup Pro XT because it was supposed to be getting Audiobus! Are you saying that now it will be a different product?!? :? :(

No offense Calvin, but that really sucks! :x I didn't purchase it when it was just barely released, because I was waiting to see if you were going to add audiobus. When I heard that audiobus was coming, I went ahead and purchased the app. Now I'm hearing that it will be a separate app?!? Not cool! :uhuhuh:

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”