psyGEN Granular synth and sequencer (RELEASED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bobbotov wrote:
optofonik wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:What are your computer specs?
AMD Phenom II 1100T, 8gb RAM,
You didn't say but is that 3.2Ghz CPU? If so, it is more than adequate to run psyGEN.
It's actually 3.3Ghz and, by all researched accounts, capable of having all cores OCed to it's "Turbo CORE" rating of 3.7Ghz with no issues. I am not, however, OCed. I don't get it.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

optofonik wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:
optofonik wrote:
You didn't say but is that 3.2Ghz CPU? If so, it is more than adequate to run psyGEN.
It's actually 3.3Ghz and, by all researched accounts, capable of having all cores OCed to it's "Turbo CORE" rating of 3.7Ghz with no issues. I am not, however, OCed. I don't get it.
I don't either. Can't be the CPU as that is plenty powerful enough. Must be something with the Host.

Bobbotov wrote:
optofonik wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:
optofonik wrote:
I don't either. Can't be the CPU as that is plenty powerful enough. Must be something with the Host.
That would be Cubase, and the Steinberg support rep I talked to on the phone several weeks ago about another issue was quit dismissive. The Steinberg forums are all but useless due to a member there who zeros in on any posts related to potential problems with Cubase and tries to derail the conversation.

Thanks for trying to help me get it sorted.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

optofonik wrote:
Thanks for trying to help me get it sorted.
Well, I hope you do.

can anyone check psygen 1.01 with studio one 2.5 in windows 8 32bit?
i can't get any wave files loaded.

on my windows 7 64bit machine it works quite well.

Bathrobe wrote:can anyone check psygen 1.01 with studio one 2.5 in windows 8 32bit?
i can't get any wave files loaded.

on my windows 7 64bit machine it works quite well.
I tested in Studio One 64 bit and it worked fine. Are the samples in the psyGEN folder? Can you manually load a sample?

did you try it with windows 8?

the samples are in the psygen folder and neither manually loaded samples will show up.

Bathrobe wrote:did you try it with windows 8?

the samples are in the psygen folder and neither manually loaded samples will show up.
No, Windows 7 Ultimate. I don't have Win 8 yet.

Very strange. Is it an administration permission issue perhaps?

Have you tried it with SaviHost? That will allow it to be played as a standalone VST.

in savihost it works as well as in fl studio under win8.

it's just studio one 2.5 or even 2.07 that won't work under win8.

Bathrobe wrote:in savihost it works as well as in fl studio under win8.

it's just studio one 2.5 or even 2.07 that won't work under win8.
Very strange. Maybe it is the combination of Studio One 32 bit and Win 8 64 bit. Maybe try Jbridge.

i'm using win8 32bit with s1 32bit. so no jbridge needed for that.

gonna try it at a friends next couple of days that also has win8.

I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Studio one 32 bit: no problem, I can use all presets and own samples.
One general important thing is to start your daw with admin rights.
I also tested bridging in S1 x64 with jbridge demo, psyGEN works fine.
Yesterday I used reaper x64 via rewire to bridge 32bit plugins into S1 x64, no problems so far.

But bridging is a workaround,it breaks my worflow, so I'd prefer a 64-bit client.

Btw, are there any news regarding drag and drop samples directly into psyGEN?

tweiss2000 wrote:I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Studio one 32 bit: no problem, I can use all presets and own samples.
One general important thing is to start your daw with admin rights.
I also tested bridging in S1 x64 with jbridge demo, psyGEN works fine.
Yesterday I used reaper x64 via rewire to bridge 32bit plugins into S1 x64, no problems so far.

But bridging is a workaround,it breaks my worflow, so I'd prefer a 64-bit client.

Btw, are there any news regarding drag and drop samples directly into psyGEN?
We are still researching but it seems to require support from SE to a Windows function (OLE) which so far we have not found a solution.

ok i've found that starting studio one as admin did resolve the wave load issue. :oops:

all is well now and thanks for these great and fun instruments.

Bathrobe wrote:ok i've found that starting studio one as admin did resolve the wave load issue. :oops:

all is well now and thanks for these great and fun instruments.
I thought that might be it. Glad you got it all sorted out.

Return to “Instruments”