How to merge my presets into a bank?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to be able to scroll through my own presets quickly. Unfortunately Sylenth isn't letting me do this. I have to make several clicks to search for and open a new preset each time. So how do you merge presets into one bank? Then I would be able to scroll through each preset with one click.

Load one up after the other and then save as bank

Using the beta version you can select the slot that you want to start loading to/from. Now ctrl select (PC) the individual presets all at once. They will fill from the first slot you selected upwards till done. Makes filling banks easier than the old way of slot at a time.

Try "Minihost", best way to organize a lot of presets.

I made special banks where I collected only Pads, Bass, Leads, etc.

I'd like to know as well. When you load a bunch of presets (hit ctrl and select a bunch), it loads them, but it doesn't keep their custom name. It just reverts to the original preset name it came from, which is just dumb and useless. I can't figure out which preset belongs to which name, because it orders them all according to the original patch it came from. It's a freaking mess.

Thats not true or I am misunderstanding what you mean. When you select several presets, it will load them in with their saved names and it will load them starting on the preset you have currently selected. I am using version 2.211 of Sylenth1. Yes you have to change the displayed name inside sylenth, but then when you save the preset or export the bank it will be correct.

GeoSuPhat wrote:Thats not true or I am misunderstanding what you mean. When you select several presets, it will load them in with their saved names and it will load them starting on the preset you have currently selected. I am using version 2.211 of Sylenth1. Yes you have to change the displayed name inside sylenth, but then when you save the preset or export the bank it will be correct.
You must not be understanding me, because I'm not lying. Why would I lie? I add 20 presets at once, all with custom names. You look inside sylenth at the bank they're going into, and you could have 10 presets all named the exact same thing now because 10 of them came from the same original preset. I can screen cap it when I have more time.

Alright, here you go. Click "load presets," and select multiple ones:

Load them, and then, click on that sound back, and see they've reverted to the original name the patch was customized from:

And this is what I feel like using when I think about having to load each one manually and change their names to the correct ones.

Image[/img]

I never said you were lying. But you didnt change the name inside sylenth, only the save filename. You should have changed the name internaly before you saved them.

Plus when you change the displayed name, that will be the name it saves as so you only have to write it once either way. But the ones you already did save that way will have to be fixed.

Sorry if I am not being clear, just trying to help.

GeoSuPhat wrote:I never said you were lying. But you didnt change the name inside sylenth, only the save filename. You should have changed the name internaly before you saved them.

Plus when you change the displayed name, that will be the name it saves as so you only have to write it once either way. But the ones you already did save that way will have to be fixed.

Sorry if I am not being clear, just trying to help.
Well, thanks for trying. It shouldn't be programmed this way, though. I would have to save the preset in Cubase and enter the new name in the Cubase preset thing, then, change the name in the Sylenth bank, then, save it external. Sylenth should just keep the name that you have for it, whether it was saved in Sylenth with that name, or exported with that name.

Return to “LennarDigital”