new Granite version available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djshire wrote:Is Granite a hard synth to learn? Or is it rock-solid?
Try the demo, you'll see.

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote: Likewise!!! Just emailed James to get on the beta team. We'll see! Granite rocks. :tu:

Yup, I've joined the beta tests as well and got the last beta version dropped in my user account. So far, it's rock solid over here I haven't uncounted any bugs so far. Still need to explore it more.

@S1gnsOfL1fe: how does it go for you so far?

I still think some features are cruelly missing to make Granite even for powerful (and fun!) to use. Like:

-stereo sample playback
-a random cycle shape ... Please :love:
-cycle shape modulation available for the pitch just like the other parameters

@James/Newsonicarts: how about asking for a New Sonic Arts forum in the Official Company KVR Forums? People could post questions, suggestions, bugs & crashes, links to their tracks using Granite, etc etc. Just an idea of course, but I think it could be pretty cool.

Anyhow, good work and thanks for continuing to develop this fantastic granulator! Love it.

Still using version 1.1.7 - the last version, which worked without a problem in Kore for me (version 1.21 with the "improved host automation support" has lead to the issue, that you would need to double load a koresound to see the correct parameter values in the GUI of Granite).
Is this still the case (aMUSEd ? - are you on the beta-team ?).
Would love to upgrade, but am hesitant right now.
I might jump on the beta eventually, but for that I'd need to handle with a new license since V 1.21, which I currentl try to avoid, if there's no improvement to above topic.

Cheers

losan wrote:Still using version 1.1.7 - the last version, which worked without a problem in Kore for me (version 1.21 with the "improved host automation support" has lead to the issue, that you would need to double load a koresound to see the correct parameter values in the GUI of Granite).
I might jump on the beta eventually, but for that I'd need to handle with a new license since V 1.21, which I currentl try to avoid, if there's no improvement to above topic.

Cheers
Yes I am - it's working fine for me. I keep having to modify my template though to accommodate the rapid development.

aMUSEd wrote:
losan wrote:Still using version 1.1.7 - the last version, which worked without a problem in Kore for me (version 1.21 with the "improved host automation support" has lead to the issue, that you would need to double load a koresound to see the correct parameter values in the GUI of Granite).

Cheers
Yes I am - it's working fine for me. I keep having to modify my template though to accommodate the rapid development.
Thanks, Stephen

Think I will give it a try then.

Cheers

FYI Granite 1.35 is now available for download. The demo has also been updated to the latest version too.

It addresses a few of the issues discussed in this thread, including host automation support for the sample position / loop range.

More info can be found here.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

I have an updated Kore template for it and also a cool morphing patch since you can now automate the sample scan - will upload when home from work

aMUSEd wrote:I have an updated Kore template for it and also a cool morphing patch since you can now automate the sample scan - will upload when home from work
The new Granite template is now on my site - direct link here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%2 ... mplate.ksd

sorry but this is 64 bit AU only now as I have moved to Mac and there isn't a VST or 32 bit AU

Also here is the morphing patch:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%2 ... leneck.ksd

Greetings all.
I've downloaded Granite 1.3.5 and am using it stand alone on OSX. I have been getting a lot of stuck midi notes and the only way I can stop the note playing is to quit Granite. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know if there is a midi panic button? I find no mention in the manual. Thanks for any help.

Borealis wrote:Greetings all.
I've downloaded Granite 1.3.5 and am using it stand alone on OSX. I have been getting a lot of stuck midi notes and the only way I can stop the note playing is to quit Granite. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know if there is a midi panic button? I find no mention in the manual. Thanks for any help.
Hi Borealis

Try turning off Gate mode.

By default granite runs in free running mode, and stores the last chord which is played. The grain engine then rotates through each note on each new grain.

best

James
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I have an updated Kore template for it and also a cool morphing patch since you can now automate the sample scan - will upload when home from work
The new Granite template is now on my site - direct link here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%2 ... mplate.ksd

sorry but this is 64 bit AU only now as I have moved to Mac and there isn't a VST or 32 bit AU

Also here is the morphing patch:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%2 ... leneck.ksd
Cool - thanks for sharing!
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

As I was just a little sceptical about updating...

Just like to say "Thanks" to James - nice update with some useful little additions - works also now again without problems within Kore - great !
It's great to see some developer, who's responsive to some benefical suggestions - much appreciated, as I don't take this for granted.

@aMUSEd: guess, I need to create a Kore template for Win myself :D ,
what the hell made you switch to the dark side :uhuhuh: :D
(When ready, I'll gonna send it to you then...)

Cheers, Thanks, have a nice weekend...

I did make a Win template with the earlier version but the thing is the added params in the new version threw off all the mappings. I still have Windows on my laptop but use it more for work and entertainment than music making these days.

I am the only who really misses a random cycle shape integrated in Granite?

:D

Granite 1.3512 now available‏!

Fixes:
* Opening monolith files caused crash
* Using scrollwheel while dragging file from browser caused crash

Improvements:
* Support for stereo samples (Grain source alternates between left and right channels)
* Search Folder manager in Setup (use to define which folders are automatically searched when a sample is not found)

Return to “Instruments”