Loopy HD/ Loopy and Audiobus

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loopy is coming out with Audiobus at launch. Get this now.
This will be THE app to use with Audiobus and your choice of compatible synths, drums, live recording etc, etc.

The interface is fantastic and so intuitive.
Press and hold for volume, pan, import (Audio copy paste, etc.) and share options.
Flick a slot for clear or re-recording.
Drag a slot onto another for layering.
And it's so smooth and great looking.

Check the features from Appshopper:
====

This is a looper that'll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious.

While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.

More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.

RECORD & LAYER

- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.

IMPORT & CONSTRUCT

- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.

MANIPULATE & TWEAK

- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.

PERFORM & SHARE

- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
=====

Note: Loopy HD is FOR IPAD USERS ONLY.
Only buy Loopy HD if you own an iPad, otherwise, buy Loopy.

Sunrizer into Loopy via Audiobus. This is going to ROCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mbbImCQWM4&sns=em
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Cool! Does the app that's sending its audio to Loopy have to support Audiobus too?

sazb30 wrote:Cool! Does the app that's sending its audio to Loopy have to support Audiobus too?
Yes ofcourse.
Check www.audiob.us for supported apps at the Dec.10 launch.
And many more apps will follow.

But Loopy/HD does have live recording via buildt in mic, or line in also.
And audio copy paste.
Last edited by BMoore on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Ok, thanks for clarifying :)

One of the best features of loopy is that it's midi controllable. For live use this means that your iPhone/ iPad can replace any of the dedicated HW loopers. I sold my Digitech stereo after buying a berhinger fcb to control loopy.
Being able to record a 4 bar rythm and then an 8, 12, 16 etc melody part is something that I don't think any of the HW equivalents can do.

Slick, I'm curious to know what you're using in your live setup to get audio in and out of your in and out of your iDevice while still having the foot pedal connected.

My current set up is a little odd and 'transitional'
In brief I have a Tascam iU2 which handles Audio and MIDI I/P O/P to either an iPad or an iPhone.

The connections are as so:

MIDI
FCB1010 > iU2 > iPad with loopy

Audio
Guitar > Pedal FX > iU2 > iPad with Loopy > Amp or FRFR

I am in the process to transition from an all digital / Midi rig (Roland GR55) to a hybrid Analogue / digital using an external Wah, Fuzz, FX in combination with some iOS FX (mainly delay and rotarty/ trem stuff).
Once Audiobus arrives I will be able to integrate more of the iOS Guitar FX from JamUp, Amplitube or AmpKit and retain the looping capability of Loopy.

Just to make it extra complicated I also use a Sonuus to input MID into the iPad and trigger iOS Synths (Sunrizer and Magellan being my current Favs)

Again once Audiobus arrives my set should be:

Guitar > Sonuus > FCB1010 Midi in > FCB 1010 MIDI out > iU2 > iPad Synth > Audiobus > Loopy Audio
FCB1010 MIDI out > iU2 > Loopy control
Guitar > External FX > iU2 > iPad FX > Audiobus > Loopy Audio.

I'm not sure how the control of this will work as I will be routing Sunrizer and guitar audio (looks like 'mic' in the youtube video demos but I sure hope that they have support for USB audio inputs) into 2 audiobus 'input slots' to Loopy as an 'Output slot' with JamUp as an 'FX Slot' but I probably don't want to have JamUp process the outputs from Sunrizer just the Guitar in.
I guess in a couple of days all will be answered. :D

I did warn you that it was a little odd idnt I ? :shock:

can double Slick on my experience

Guitar + Mic (audio)and PCR m50 + FCB1010 (midi) into the Tascam IU2 going to iphone -> loopy and garageband or beatmaker

Tascam splits the loops in Loopy so that my Vocal goes out through R into PA and guitar through L into guitar amp.

Really neat solution :)

I would add that I do find the iU2 to be pretty flaky with the iPad 3 when using the 'apple' connector.

I now use a CCK and the iU2 in PC mode with a USB connector and it is much more stable.

The biggest problem was when using Garageband and the audio would vanish or GB would freeze.

Interestingly I don't think I see the same issues using my iPhone 4S and the apple connector but I don't use GB as much on the iPhone.

For home / non mobile use I have an old Alesis Photon X25 with Audio I/O and MIDI I/O which is rock solid and also doubles as a pretty good MIDI controller. If you can find one I would highly recommend this bit of kit.

SLICK_1975 wrote:Being able to record a 4 bar rythm and then an 8, 12, 16 etc melody part is something that I don't think any of the HW equivalents can do.
Actually, I have the Boss RC-300, and it can do that.

Loopy is super cool tho'....

Yup you are right the rc300 and I think there is one by pigtronix?

Havin owned a lot of Roland and Boss mfx units I can safely say that I much prefer the flexibility interface and support of the SW loopers.

Loopy was one of the main reasons that I got an iPad in the first place 😉
That and GarageBand on iPad is just really good.

The audiobus-Loopy path seems like a much more elegant solution than the hardware solutions. Loopy is only limited in loop length by your available storage capacity on your IOS device. Not to mention the cabling, etc for a hardware solution.

For what you'd buy the Pigtronix looper, the higher end Boss units, and certainly a Boomerang, you'd be well on your way to buying an iPad (which can do a billion other things than looping) and the necessary apps.

That wad pretty much exactly the thought process that I went through. 😌

And now Loopy HD is 50% off.

I just got it. This thing is pretty cool!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”