Tracktion 3.0.4.8 - Consolidated Bug Thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's the way the play cursor jumps to the In marker when starting to play/record in Loop mode. You can use the markers to Punch, but you cannot have Punch and Loop enabled at the same time whilst recording.

The end result is that there is no preroll available in Loop mode, meaning that the loop length has to be used... which is a PITA if it is 32 bars, for example, and results in a wasted first take. Unless the In marker is placed a bar or two before you intend to keep the recording, which means there are two bars of annoying, irrelevant material to listen to on every repeat.

I know that "bug" is pushing the boundaries, but IMO it is so unexpected and undesirable that I am happily using up the remainder of my 2012 miscategorisation quota of for this issue.

metamorphosis wrote:Well, seeing as how there may or may be (I get the feeling that's going to become a well-worn catchphrase around here very shortly) a new T on the horizon, I've added in some of my most recent bug-finds.
Yay fuckin' bugs!
How do you know there is a new Tracktion coming?

Nothing is "official" but if you dig thru those T4 threads on this sub forum, Jules has hinted that "something" is brewing. Whatever is going on, the groundhogs are stirred... it's rather surreal.
ModuLR / Radio

captain caveman wrote: I know that "bug" is pushing the boundaries, but IMO it is so unexpected and undesirable that I am happily using up the remainder of my 2012 miscategorisation quota of for this issue.
Thanks.

SInce Mod is also here, he can probably clarify my memory on this, but I actually seem to remember someone (probably IIRs) pointing that out and the response being that it would be tricky to get it working any other way. Definitely worth raising though, as clearly that's not ideal, and should be revisited at some point.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Off the top, I don't recall... but would agree that not having any form of pre roll before entering loop record is a bit odd.
ModuLR / Radio

Man I would love it if T got updated to work well. I miss it badly. It was really fun to use. I've since had to abandon it because it wont play well on my new computer/hardware, and that really sucks.

There is hope then if Jules is back on the team?

I'd love to see Tracktion become viable option again. Please fix the first note MIDI bug :)

LOL what a blast from the past, I have 1 wish still, even after all these years...

captain caveman wrote:It's the way the play cursor jumps to the In marker when starting to play/record in Loop mode. You can use the markers to Punch, but you cannot have Punch and Loop enabled at the same time whilst recording.

The end result is that there is no preroll available in Loop mode, meaning that the loop length has to be used... which is a PITA if it is 32 bars, for example, and results in a wasted first take. Unless the In marker is placed a bar or two before you intend to keep the recording, which means there are two bars of annoying, irrelevant material to listen to on every repeat.

I know that "bug" is pushing the boundaries, but IMO it is so unexpected and undesirable that I am happily using up the remainder of my 2012 miscategorisation quota of for this issue.
Hah :)

Yeah, as a feature-request I'd put 'longer count-in's' before this one, but worthwhile FR - there's a thread for this for the quantum-t4 below in the forum.
Good point about first note bug tho'

Return to “Tracktion”