More Synths Please!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a synthesizer fan I didn't find this contest very interesting with only 12 entries on the 'pure' synth department.

Please, developers, we want more synths!

Is this a new era with users more hungry for canned ready to go sounds than real synths to tweak? I hope no.

I hope young fellows will learn that there's a big difference between the static, almost photographic sampled sound and the custom lively sound a synthesizer native engine is capable.

At least I found a few good sounding ones that are already in my vst directory.

Thanks developers for 'Minisynth series', 'Trans Computer Maschine', 'Aliquoter', 'Heliox' and 'Poly 2106'.

I also want to mention 'Kamiooka', which I'm not using on a final project but I had lot of fun with it. I will be anxious waiting for that update...

Keep going, synth users will appreciate your work.

Cheers,

Wallace

Maybe that should read:

"Please, developers, I want more synths!"
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

I myself want more Reaktor type instruments and effects. I really liked that Particle of God effect. Hey it's December 6 where I am and I was still able to make changes to my votes. Anybody else? Is the voting period extended?

kingtubby wrote:Maybe that should read:

"Please, developers, I want more synths!"
Nope - there's at least 2 of us!

Though I might qualify that sentiment with, 'good' synths. There's a couple this year definitely qualify - and a couple more with real potential.

But I certainly don't want to dissuade the effects devs. One can't live without the other.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

I think I'd say the opposite. There are very few synth ideas that haven't already been done. I'd like to see more weird and unusual stuff - things that haven't been done before or inspire people to follow new ideas musically.

harryupbabble wrote: Hey it's December 6 where I am and I was still able to make changes to my votes. Anybody else? Is the voting period extended?
Still active - here as well. Ben's probably just occupied with something.

robojam wrote: I'd like to see more weird and unusual stuff - things that haven't been done before
No, I agree completely. That qualifies as 'good' - whether synth or effect!
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

I want more synths and more creative effects, not the sound engineers toolkit but more manglers and extreme stuff. Regardless of how good they may be, I just don't get off on eqs and suchlike. I'm not saying there isn't a need or a demand for high quality tools just that personally I'm not that fussy about the delicacies and fineries of my actual sound, not yet, anyroad.

audiofanatic wrote:
Please, developers, we want more synths!

Wallace
Hi Wallace :)

Do you want more synths ??
Get one for free: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52#5161352

Kind regards to all kvr-users :)

In general - synths just take a lot longer to program/design - so there will always be less synths. Also - taking the trend into consideration - effects also seem to do better in general in the past DCs - non "pure" synths also did well as well as soundware this year. So I'm predicting less "pure" synths in the next DC.

*edit* the next DC will aparently have a longer development period, that could mean - more synths!

Just my 2cents.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”