Steinberg's Countdown, Nuendo 6 AND Cubase 7!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree.

Also bduffy you are in the prime position to give us some performance reports.. particularly mac users, with the new safety buffer activated. Hint.

:)

SJ_Digriz wrote:
bduffy wrote: I figured it out: it's my Waves V7 bundle. Looks like V7 + C7 = No go.

Man, I really don't feel like shelling out another $200, just to use plug-ins I paid over a grand for...grrr... :x
Well, a 5 year old product with a proprietary wrapper ... What do you expect?

Not busting your balls by the way. But, this is hardly Steinberg's fault. They said up front that 2.3 stuff could have issues. Heck, I would have bet money that Waves would be a problem.
No, it's one of those things I should've paid attention to. What a racket though: charging $200/year for a (formerly) $1,200 bundle....sigh. And forcing us to use iLoks for a decade, then abandoning it...f**k you.

bduffy wrote: No, it's one of those things I should've paid attention to. What a racket though: charging $200/year for a (formerly) $1,200 bundle....sigh. And forcing us to use iLoks for a decade, then abandoning it...f**k you.
Yeah, I feel for those that bought into the Waves parade. Some good plugs, but too much hassle if you ask me. And, I'm not even talking about the $'s.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
bduffy wrote: No, it's one of those things I should've paid attention to. What a racket though: charging $200/year for a (formerly) $1,200 bundle....sigh. And forcing us to use iLoks for a decade, then abandoning it...f**k you.
Yeah, I feel for those that bought into the Waves parade. Some good plugs, but too much hassle if you ask me. And, I'm not even talking about the $'s.
They're not so hassle-y now if you bought in after V9 (and not as expensive). But they always do have some headache waiting around the bend. WUP should be taken out back and shot.

But then again, I just love too many their products too much to give up. Sigh.

dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I looked at every detail but the one that counts! :oops: :x :shock: :(
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!
Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.
Fernando (FMR)

Can anyone list and comment on the instruments that are included (like Padshop,etc.)? The official descriptions only list 5 instruments but says there are actually 8. What are the other 3?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:Can anyone list and comment on the instruments that are included (like Padshop,etc.)? The official descriptions only list 5 instruments but says there are actually 8. What are the other 3?

-B
Padshop and Retrologue were the two new, "big deal" synths released with 6.5.

Retrologue, IMHO, is one of the best VA synths out there, very nice filters and believable analog tone with a great GUI.

Padshop is quite good too, does what it says, lots of cool pads to choose from, and spectral editing for the more adventurous. I don't use it much because I own Omnisphere, but I would, if I didn't.

So the full list of synths should be:
  1. Retrologue (stellar)
  2. Padshop (excellent)
  3. GrooveAgent One (good)
  4. HALion Sonic SE (good)
  5. LoopMash (meh)
  6. Mystic (crap)
  7. Prologue (crap)
  8. Spector (garbage)
Last edited by bduffy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

for what it's worth, before buying i downloaded the installer from steinberg's downloads page - installed it at home, of course C7 won't start but the documentation is there...probably ppl would find things that are missing, but it's better than nothing (but beware: if something looks incomplete... the corresponding function may be incomplete too!) :D

fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:uh oh, I'm trying to install and I get this window that I need a newer windows operating system. Now I see the minimum requirements of Windows 7 or 8.
I'm using Windows XP. I'm screwed. I emailed support pleading for a refund since I ordered the download and didnt/couldn't activate anything. DAMN! :-o
I was planning on upgrading my workstation but not now. Unless Steinberg has alot of Xmas spirit, I have a feeling I won't be using Cubase 7 until Cubase 7.5 comes out. If I could reach my butt, I'd kick it!
Well, if you want to get rid of it, I amm in for a deal - PM me. Bear in mind I am entitled for the Cubase 6.5 price though.
Mine is the upgrade from Cubase 6.

dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
Too bad. We could both win if it was 6.5
Fernando (FMR)

dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
I would buy that for a decent price
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:
dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
Curious how that would work if I do decide to sell it. It's not registered, I have the Cubase7 update installer and and the license key number so I guess there's nothing to transfer as far as Cubase is concerned (?)

dblock wrote:
ericj23 wrote:
dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
Curious how that would work if I do decide to sell it. It's not registered, I have the Cubase7 update installer and and the license key number so I guess there's nothing to transfer as far as Cubase is concerned (?)
If you did not use the code and download the license into your eLicenser, it's valid and good to sell. Otherwise, it isn't. Since you said you were not able to install Cubase 7, I assumed you didn't use the code you received to download the license into the key. That UNUSED code is the only thing that matters.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
dblock wrote:
ericj23 wrote:
dblock wrote:
fmr wrote:
Looks like I may be in luck. Just heard from Cubase wanting proof of purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed.

bduffy wrote:Padshop and Retrologue were the two new, "big deal" synths released with 6.5.

Retrologue, IMHO, is one of the best VA synths out there, very nice filters and believable analog tone with a great GUI.
+1 for that
bduffy wrote:Padshop is quite good too, does what it says, lots of cool pads to choose from, and spectral editing for the more adventurous. I don't use it much because I own Omnisphere, but I would, if I didn't.
Omni and PadS aren't the same (not that you hint they are, it is just that this are not from the same breed).
You can do wacky thing in PadS, that you can't even dream of, with Omnisph (to the best of my knowledge).
bduffy wrote:So the full list of synths should be:
  1. ....
  2. LoopMash (meh)
You mean "LoopMehsh" :hihi:

It IS useful. for a whole lot of people (myself included).
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”