Studio One 2.5 Now Available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems sweet so far.

The Kontakt issue is there and not there. I tried loading a ton of K5 instances and I'm not getting the spike to where I can't use it (though I haven't tested retro synths yet......) BUT I am getting the cpu jumping thing :shrug: I'm working with them, but so far it's quite a bit better than it was previously. Have zero percent clue why.

I'm going through the viddys from groove 3 so I'll have a better idea of it later. I never went though them before because the damn thing wouldn't work.

On my system it's opening faster and is more responsive, the CPU meter is lower too however when i try to add an effect or Instrument while it's playing the timeline stops and Studio One freezes until the plugin is installed.

That could be what it is suppose to do as the audio is not interrupted during the freeze, Maybe this is an optimization that I need to uncheck to eliminate this issue.

Now that's the only glich so far so I'm quite pleased. :)

I bought Studio One v2.0 and the training Groove3 training videos for it. I haven't installed Studio One or watched the videos yet due both the lack of time, having to wait for a new PC. Soon I will have both time and the new PC. Those of you who know both v2.0 and v2.5 -- am I likely tostill benefit from watching the 2.0 videos? Or has so much changed in 2.5 that it renders much of the 2.0- videos obsolete?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:I bought Studio One v2.0 and the training Groove3 training videos for it. I haven't installed Studio One or watched the videos yet due both the lack of time, having to wait for a new PC. Soon I will have both time and the new PC. Those of you who know both v2.0 and v2.5 -- am I likely tostill benefit from watching the 2.0 videos? Or has so much changed in 2.5 that it renders much of the 2.0- videos obsolete?
They are most definitely useful. For the 2.5 novelties watch the Presonus vids and you will be fine.

Cheers FrankT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

CTStump wrote:On my system it's opening faster and is more responsive, the CPU meter is lower too however when i try to add an effect or Instrument while it's playing the timeline stops and Studio One freezes until the plugin is installed.

That could be what it is suppose to do as the audio is not interrupted during the freeze, Maybe this is an optimization that I need to uncheck to eliminate this issue.

Now that's the only glitch so far so I'm quite pleased. :)
I think it's always been that way for loading larger plugs, that it stops graphic redraws while loading the plug, but keeps playing the audio without glitches, until the plug is loaded.

If I drop something like Altiverb into a track while a song is playing back it does that, everything on the screen freezes in place while the plug gets loaded, but audio keeps playing along without any problems or glitches.

Been that way here since V1.

Definitely just waiting for a sale to upgrade.

My CPU bar on a project on S1 was flickering like a candle, very strange.

But there are so many conveniences and ways around (track transform for example). I am doing my latest mix in Studio One again because I was finding it fiddly in Cubase. And I also discovered the built in effects in S1 are actually pretty good quality, and much more featured than Cubase.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Those with CPU flickering problems or somthing like that, try this: Studio One -> Options -> Advanced -> Audio -> Check Process audio in safe mode (higher latency)
I can say I don't see any noticeable latency when I'm playing on the midi keyboard with this option checked.

LawrenceF wrote:I think it's always been that way for loading larger plugs, that it stops graphic redraws while loading the plug, but keeps playing the audio without glitches, until the plug is loaded.

If I drop something like Altiverb into a track while a song is playing back it does that, everything on the screen freezes in place while the plug gets loaded, but audio keeps playing along without any problems or glitches.

Been that way here since V1.
Yeah I thought that was the case, I was demoing my Synths with 2.5 and noticed it, Since I never did that before it had me wondering. :?

nIGhT-SoN wrote:Those with CPU flickering problems or somthing like that, try this: Studio One -> Options -> Advanced -> Audio -> Check Process audio in safe mode (higher latency)
I can say I don't see any noticeable latency when I'm playing on the midi keyboard with this option checked.
This didn't show any noticeable benefit for me on a i7.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
nIGhT-SoN wrote:Those with CPU flickering problems or somthing like that, try this: Studio One -> Options -> Advanced -> Audio -> Check Process audio in safe mode (higher latency)
This didn't show any noticeable benefit for me on a i7.
No, that one is mainly for badly implemented usb audio interfaces.
On win 7 and vista thereis a good chance that cpu features like core parkin and speedstep interfere with timing. This can be solved using a power profile or in the bios settings. Dpc latency is the keyword. A lot of guides of varying quality exist. Int Studio One faq section on the presonus forum there is one thread about it.
On win 8 all these measures seem counterproductive and atm the only setting to be made there is to change to zhe balanced power profile. Ymmv.
You're my son, dude!

CTStump wrote:Yeah I thought that was the case, I was demoing my Synths with 2.5 and noticed it, Since I never did that before it had me wondering. :?
Yeah. When I first moved over from Cubase I was so happy to be able to load plugs in real time without the audio glitching the graphic redraws being temporarily suspended for larger loads while that happened didn't matter at all. I mean, you have to wait for the plug you just dropped in to actually load before doing anything with it anyway, so, no biggie.

It can be - if you aren't aware of it early on - a little confusing at first if you drop in something really, really big, like a 1gb sampled instrument that takes 15-20+ seconds for all the samples to load up. :hihi: You'll just sit there watching the paused screen listening to music while it loads, depending on how large the sample sets are.

If you just started using S1 and dropped in a huge sampled piano instrument while it's playing back, you might think it hung up or something after 15 seconds or so because sometimes there is no visual indication of the load progress.

@flickering: So far, it's not choking up. I throwing the kitchen sink (just random kontakts and various power hungry plugs) so......

I dunno, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far it swank. Works well with this impulse too so far..........we'll see..........very skeptical.

hibidy wrote:Can anyone point me in the area of how to disable CC's (10 in this case) from recording every time I do a record pass in midi :x Man, it's annoying!
Just an update. I got the impulse and this goes away it seems. Reaper, sonar, live and now S1 with these random CC's drove me NUTS. I asked and asked and asked and I could never get an answer.

Then along comes this thread and you guys (thanks!) to FINALLY confirm this as being the controller. With S1, you can see it (where other hosts crap just gets wonky)

So, hopefully for this unexpected purchase that I really didn't want to make, this will solve it.

What is the answer to 99% of the problems? Unfortunately, money :evil:

Haha. :lol: Hibidy always keeps at least one foot on the fence. :hihi:

Between Live, S1, and Sonar you should be covered for just about any imagineable sit-chee-a-tion. :)

And Bitwig Studio may drop soon throwing the universe into turmoil yet again. :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”