VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i already do own the following items:

TRacks 3 Standard
Every "Single" available
including The Black and The White

So in a whole it's what we could call "TRacks 3 Deluxe", right? The simple difference is just owning several licenses instead if just ONE for "Deluxe". Would I be able to upgrade to the GRAND version as "deluxe owner" in that case? That would be fair in my poor opinion, wouldn't it?

Cheers Jens
Last edited by MountainKing on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Seems like my posto was buried by the usual nonsense whining and nonsense replys. I see in the specials an offer for users of T-Racks DeLuxe, but what about those that have it PLUS White and Black (means I only miss the five new ones)?
Fernando (FMR)

BERFAB wrote:OK. Couple of things.

First of all, I think there's a way to brand this a bit better for general consumption. If I'm understanding Peter's messages, the T-Racks Custom Shop is now very much like (though admittedly different than) the WAVES shell that has to be installed everytime you purchase a Waves product.

Unlike the Waves shell, of course, you have to now buy your gear through the IK shell. Also, unlike Waves, you have the option of racking your gear in the IK shell (presumably to configure with either factory or user presets) for ease of use in rack configurations.

Next up, while I'm not a big fan of the endless IK hype (5 days...4 days...) and the last "get 4x the number of gear credits now, although we can't tell you why!"--I can say that I'm glad I did by those gear credits because now it looks like I'll actually be able to spend them on something I can use. So thank you, I guess, for the cryptic heads up on that.

Finally, I do agree with others here that this process is now unnecessarily complicated for those of us who just want to buy a few plugs - or a bundle that we like- and install them and make music. Despite all the recent changes, I still own most of what IK sells, but I really don't want to be a member of the gear-of-the-month club.

I'm thrilled that there's now a 64 bit version of my favorite 'verb, but to get it, it seems like I've got to jump through a whole bunch of hoops. It should be more transparent than that.

And that takes me to a place that I just don't want to think about, but the writing is definitely on the wall: Sampletank 3 will not be Sampletank 3. It will, no doubt, be the Sampletank 3 Custom and Body Shop. It will be free, contain some lo-fi versions of a piano, drums, bass and strings, and have 350 sample-based presets waiting for you to purchase them with gear credits of varying worth, depending on the most recent group buy. You will never be able to own the whole thing, making trading of presets (available free on the IK website) a futile experience.

Cheers
-B
Good post. I suspect you are right about Sampletank's future.
Last edited by MickGael on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

fmr wrote:Seems like my posto was buried by the usual nonsense whining and nonsense replys. I see in the specials an offer for users of T-Racks DeLuxe, but what about those that have it PLUS White and Black (means I only miss the five new ones)?
He whined.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

MickGael wrote:Good post. I suspect you are right about Sampletank's future.
Yes, good post indeed.
I'm sitting here unable to use CSR 64bit, no idea how to authorize it on my main work puter (no internet) and wondering just why I'm bothering with all this hassle instead of having the choice to download a CSR installer.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
kylen wrote:Brian - what are the changes/updates on the Black & White?
The much requested complete input/output transformer stages.
The difference is subtle, but also ultra-accurate to the full operation of both units.

I believe it is safe to say that we have reclaimed the mantle of the absolute MOST faithful model of these units. 8)
Subtle, you're kidding right ?

For the 2A yes, maybe. But for a 76, disengage the compression and crank the input. If you hear no obvious distortion, something's wrong with the modeling.

Wicked on Drums, at least with the latest UAD versions.

Can't wait to try that with yours !

@BERFAB - You can buy T-RackS in three different flavors (and the eligible upgrades) without going into Custom Shop right from our online store. Links are even in the news posted as the first post of this thread: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=1842

T-RackS Custom Shop has a la carte gear available for those who wish to purchase their gear that way. The CSR update is updating a product that was released many years ago so there are likely to be a few challenges in modernizing it and I understand the frustration but going over the one speed bump to get there should be the most challenge you'll face with CSR going forward.

Any SampleTank 3 conjecture is just that. We've offered free versions of more software rather than less and SampleTank should be no different. If we offer sounds a la carte, so be it - people were very interested in us doing so but that doesn't mean that you won't have a full-featured engine that will be able to load the sound sets you have now. Just like we offer the full ride (in three different levels, so actually more than just the full ride) for T-RackS directly in our shop (not to mention AmpliTube as well) I'm sure that indicates we have no problem with doing the same for other products.

@re_mute - If you uses your CSR serial to authorize the shell with the existing offline procedure it should unlock it and have your CSR 64 bit modules working. If you have an issue when doing this please throw me a PM and I'll have it looked at more directly for you.

My 2 cents...

Concerning the British Channel. I think it's a nice addition, but it looks so bad. I'm sorry, but I'm shocked compared to your other beautiful designs.

Also, what's new about the algo used in the QUAD-LIM ? Is it taken from the previous Brickwall Limiter ?

Last but not least, all I'm dreaming of, is a faithful vari-mu tube compressor like the Manley, and a parallel tube mastering EQ ;).

fmr wrote:Seems like my posto was buried by the usual nonsense whining and nonsense replys. I see in the specials an offer for users of T-Racks DeLuxe, but what about those that have it PLUS White and Black (means I only miss the five new ones)?
The upgrades are posted in the first post, sorry that your post was missed. As per usual, you can contact us directly if you feel there's a case to be made for what you have in your User Area vs what you get in the stated upgrades. I can PM a direct contact if you wish or you can use the contact pages on our site. Again, sorry to have missed this.

I dunno, the upgrade went very smoothly for me, I love the custom shop idea personally and now just have to figure out how to spend my 301 credits I've been saving up. I'm looking at the quad-image and quad-comp.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I dunno, the upgrade went very smoothly for me, I love the custom shop idea personally and now just have to figure out how to spend my 301 credits I've been saving up. I'm looking at the quad-image and quad-comp.
I thought all the Quad plugins were included in the upgrade ? (from TR3 Deluxe to TR3 CS Grand)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

re_mute wrote:
cactuseskimo wrote:Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! IK consistently releases cool stuff, and then constantly has to put up with the incessant whining of all the 14 year olds on this forum who are upset they already spent all their paper route money for the month. Bunch of internet drama babies. Brian, Obik, I commend you for putting up with the shat you do on a seemingly daily basis around here. BTW, amplitube CS rocks, and glad to see it come to t-racks.
Get a room already. That and wipe your nose, it's covered in brown stuff.
Hey, do you hear that? It's your mom calling you. Time to deliver your papers.

:-o

Anyone had the custom shop not work because "max authorizations limit reached"?

I've put in a ticket but was wondering if anything else might work. I've uninstalled and re-installed. I hoped this new version would fix it but it did it too.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Cool that IK is moving forward, but this brings nothing for me. I'll pass.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Brian/IK,

What about all of our older projects and songs that use the original T-Racks versions, without the Custom Shop. Will they still open without a problem? Or does that mean we will need a double installation?

My understanding is the CS is a VST in itself, and then you load what you own or need inside of that. Instead of simply loading the EQ, Comp, etc. by itself.

Return to “Effects”