What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Deleting Diva presets from the GUI

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

User avatar
tehlord
KVRAF
 
6742 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 am Deleting Diva presets from the GUI

Not sure if I'm missing something but is this possible?

I have an errant preset that I tried to drag and drop from the template folder into my own preset folder and it looked like it didn't move. When I went into my own preset folder it had moved but made several copies of itself. Oddly the original preset remains in the template folder.

Other than browsing to the folder on my HDD and manually deleting them, is there a way to do it in the GUI?
andow
KVRist
 
64 posts since 26 Apr, 2012

Postby andow; Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 am

This also happens to me from time to time!
Is this a known bug?
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17354 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 am

Our framework/engine/whateveryoucallit does not contain any routines to delete files.

I've done this deliberately to prevent any chance for any accidents :oops:

For presets however I'm thinking of adding a hidden trash directory into which presets can be moved by a "delete" method. Every once a while one can then simply trash the trash.
User avatar
tehlord
KVRAF
 
6742 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 am

Ok so file browsing it is, but what of the issue that causes it in the first place? :?

It's not the end of the world of course, but I often start with the template folder and having moved presets stick there does not bode well for my brief but regular OCD :hihi:
iamyourfather
KVRist
 
274 posts since 7 Aug, 2010, from London, UK

Postby iamyourfather; Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Urs wrote:Our framework/engine/whateveryoucallit does not contain any routines to delete files.

I've done this deliberately to prevent any chance for any accidents :oops:



pls keep it this way
andow
KVRist
 
64 posts since 26 Apr, 2012

Postby andow; Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 am

Urs wrote:Our framework/engine/whateveryoucallit does not contain any routines to delete files.

I've done this deliberately to prevent any chance for any accidents :oops:


Very good idea :!:

But why are some presets copied when dragging them into a different folder?
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17354 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 am

andow wrote:
Urs wrote:Our framework/engine/whateveryoucallit does not contain any routines to delete files.

I've done this deliberately to prevent any chance for any accidents :oops:


Very good idea :!:

But why are some presets copied when dragging them into a different folder?

They should only be copied if you press [alt]...

What platform/host are you on?
User avatar
tehlord
KVRAF
 
6742 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 am

Urs wrote:
andow wrote:
Urs wrote:Our framework/engine/whateveryoucallit does not contain any routines to delete files.

I've done this deliberately to prevent any chance for any accidents :oops:


Very good idea :!:

But why are some presets copied when dragging them into a different folder?

They should only be copied if you press [alt]...

What platform/host are you on?


Mine is W7-64 using Cubase 6.5

Most of the time drag and drop moves the preset to where I want it to go, but once or twice it's left the preset in the original folder as well as copying it to the new destination.
andow
KVRist
 
64 posts since 26 Apr, 2012

Postby andow; Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 am

tehlord wrote:
Urs wrote:
andow wrote:
Urs wrote:Our framework/engine/whateveryoucallit does not contain any routines to delete files.

I've done this deliberately to prevent any chance for any accidents :oops:


Very good idea :!:

But why are some presets copied when dragging them into a different folder?

They should only be copied if you press [alt]...

What platform/host are you on?


Mine is W7-64 using Cubase 6.5

Most of the time drag and drop moves the preset to where I want it to go, but once or twice it's left the preset in the original folder as well as copying it to the new destination.


Same here...

Im using Windows 7 64bit and Cubase 6 64bit
Fritze
KVRAF
 
1771 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:48 am

Thanx, I'll see if I can reproduce that here.
Then we can do something about it. :)
andow
KVRist
 
64 posts since 26 Apr, 2012

Postby andow; Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 am

Fritze wrote:Thanx, I'll see if I can reproduce that here.
Then we can do something about it. :)


Great! Thanks!

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he