I want a workhorse synthesizer like Korg Triton

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:$1000 may sound much, but it is self contained workstation, so you don't really need a computer to use it.
I'll need a computer anyway to do everything else, so in that sense $1000 is too much.

Wusikstation 6 is ~$10? Woot? With 15 gigs of stuff? That's a bargain.

Just $10 for a limited time.

A sweeeeet deal :D

Omnisphere + Trilian will give you what you want each preset is one or two layers and every preset has effect plugins already added.
The sound designer from the old Roland Eric Persing designed and set it up so every preset is perfect. The Vox pads and strings are essential to my DAW

Most of the sounds are samples from the most famous synths and half of those are ambient type sounds for computer games, movies and commercials, TV dramas. But it has a nice built in synth and you can pick layers to mix together choose FX to add to them. It's a very good Idea to add U-he ACE, DIVA, Zebra to your tool box so you have more freedom to design and far more music related sounds.

The downside of Omnisphere is it's missing the most important sounds that we need theirs no piano apart from the one they set on fire and sampled.

You can't tweak the Moog and juno presets like you can with U-HE DIVA.

Cakewalk's Dimension Pro is somewhat like the hardware workstations with a big library of bread and butter sounds.

Numanoid wrote:Just $10 for a limited time.

A sweeeeet deal :D
32bit only. Shame.

Kriminal wrote:32bit only. Shame.
Add $30 to get V7 with 64 bit support ;)

At $40 it is still a steal :love:

Dimension Pro in comparision will cost $100/€100

It seems that Synthmaster will load samples in the near future.
It's a monster as it is already.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Triskal ... I have both Alchemy and Omnisphere.

Both are like Triton Trinity in that they use high quality samples and synthesis.

Omni is posher-sounding and has really good core samples, and is prob more like the Korg you're thinking of.

Alchemy sample quality imo isn't quite up to Omni quality, but it's still pretty good and can load sfz libraries.

Both have top synth engines.

Both have easy tweak pages - handy if you need to adjust a release time, or other basic tweak.

Both are brilliant right out of the box.

Both companies have been around a long while and can probably be trusted as a long term investment.

Alchemy make you pay for additional sample sets, while Omni keeps giving away more sounds and samples with each release.

Both have free upgrades to date.

Hard choice :?

Buy both :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

-1 for Wusikstation because it comes with a Gigantic cluttered library of meh-so-so quality patches and no VA capabilities.

The filters are not powerful and the envelopes seem funny...

I have a serious love-hate relationship with Wusik.

As far as a Workstation, I would have to recommend Cakewalk's Dimension Pro.

I think you should check out Omnisphere, Alchemy and Halion4. I think its a hard choice , they are all very good. Maybe Omnisphere is the winner when you are in a live setup also. Some guys also consider Nexus from refx also as sort of triton or roland jv replacement.

-1 for wusikstation also. If i would consider this as a workstation, i would rather take again Kontakt4 or 5, although i dont like NI.

Triskal wrote:I want a usable good library with no nonsense.
HALion Sonic. Not far off a mini-Motif and designed with the workstation ethos in mind.

Seems like the motu Sampler/Synth might fit the bill too.

liquidsound wrote:It seems that Synthmaster will load samples in the near future.
In the future???

You can already import WAV/AIFF multisamples and generate SFZz, or import your own SFZs.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
liquidsound wrote:It seems that Synthmaster will load samples in the near future.
In the future???

You can already import WAV/AIFF multisamples and generate SFZz, or import your own SFZs.
:-o :oops:
I just got into Synthmaster and it's just endless... and the sound is just amazing.
Thanks for the clarification.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Seems like the motu Sampler/Synth might fit the bill too.
Mach V 3

Certainly to be considered I agree
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”