This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

got it in my email a few minutes ago and I really like what I see! Plus a new version of custom shop for T-Racks which I already expected to see happen. I expect to see one for Sampletank 3 as well. I hope they do the bus compressor next so glad I didn't buy the Native Instruments SSL bundle now

KevWestBeats wrote:got it in my email a few minutes ago and I really like what I see!
go check your eyesight kthxbai

KevWestBeats wrote:got it in my email a few minutes ago and I really like what I see! Plus a new version of custom shop for T-Racks which I already expected to see happen. I expect to see one for Sampletank 3 as well. I hope they do the bus compressor next so glad I didn't buy the Native Instruments SSL bundle now
You mean SOUNDS great ?

Because the way it looks is like a baby toy.

I can't stand its GUI, and God knows I'm a fan of their others GUI designs.

Honestly, this is the kind of design I would do if I were drunk as hell.

:hihi:

j/k Haven't tested it yet. It might well be that it sounds fantastic.

I hope it doesn't sound as fugly as it looks.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

it looks like something i vomited up :hihi:

Please don't imply this plugin was made with SynthEdit thanks. That's not cool to the devs who work very hard to code our plugins from scratch. Say what you will about the GUI though, that's an opinion that isn't implying we don't code (though that was not made with SE either).

paterpeter wrote:Image

Spot on ;).

By the way it's just a joke, don't take it bad.

It does not imply that the dev did not worked hard on it, just a comparison because lot of SynthEdit plugins look as bad.

I never thought I'd ever be jealous of the color blind :hihi: but seriously, If it sounds great I could care less how it looks! At least it wont get lost on my screen.

True, I just hope everybody gets the joke. I don't take offense to the GUI opinions, hard to take offense to an opinion on something like that (now there might be some offensive opinions in HPC but that's a different story and world altogether :D)

Cracked me up with that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a bit of an IK fan. I own many of your products, but I won't be getting that one, regardless how it sounds. I don't think I could stare at that abomination for more than a few seconds.

GUIs like that will surely make people question your decisions in other areas...

bk wrote:I'm a bit of an IK fan. I own many of your products, but I won't be getting that one, regardless how it sounds. I don't think I could stare at that abomination for more than a few seconds.

GUIs like that will surely make people question your decisions in other areas...
So true.

When I first saw it, I was like "April fools already ?!", and I was saying "oh man, SSL must be getting crazy" :D !

heffus wrote:

Cracked me up with that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus. I thought that GUI was a joke! hahaha! :lol:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:True, I just hope everybody gets the joke.
I suppose with the smiley and the "j/k" it should be clear that I wasn't serious.

Let's make this clear: I'm quite a fan of IK and I have lots of your products. I know you don't build your stuff with SE. It's just that this specific UI is (unexpectedly) sub par in my opinion.
You can do much better, e.g.:

Return to “Effects”