Pictures and Mazes(The Zebra Orchestra)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's another track I composed with my Zebra soundbank. It was for a short film, but the version of the film that this was composed for was scrapped. This track also contains some wonky patches towards the end that I'm not sure weather I'll include in the final package or not. Minimal EQing and Reverbs where used, other than that, it's pretty much raw. Also, CPU was sweating like an old donkey for this one...

https://soundcloud.com/esgalachoir/pict ... -all-zebra

Lovely track Corin. The sounds are just terrific, and I love the melodic twists and turns. Out of interest, what CPU do you have? I am certainly drawn to the sound of Zebra generally, but I have have a fairly modest core i5.

Good work :)

Thanks very much! :)
I've got an AMD 6-core, at 3.2 GHz per core. The bank as it stands now is pretty demanding on the Processor. There are a couple patches that are as tough on cpu as Diva can be, particularly some of the brass and soundscapes. I've tried working around it, and I really can't seem to do anything about it yet. However, there are many patches that are pretty forgiving as well, particularly the woodwinds most of the strings, and most of the percussion. I'd say about a third or a little more of the patches are pretty power hungry, however, some of those are the kind of sound you'll only need one or two voices for, like some of the more detailed soundscapes.
I have a feeling most people will be able to make effective and interesting music with it, but, I think you have to kind of learn a bank to really take advantage of it. I'm thinking about packaging some loose guide-lines and hints with it in the form of a little manual, as well as to why I created some of the patches.
As I was typing here, I just got another neat idea. Maybe I could ship the bank with some of these tracks I've been making with it lately, and list the instrument combinations I used for some of the passages? :shrug:

I think that would definitely be an aid to prospective purchasers, who would probably be drawn toward the bank by the excellent demos.

Very impressive :!:

+(quite a lot)
Wot dem all sed.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks gents! :)

that's quite some cinematic sound. fits very well for a movie.

Return to “Music Cafe”