Support Info / Requests / Bugs / Mailing List

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SoulState wrote:Ok i just installed latest 0.9.220 beta and with interface in first instance is all the same (it's won't opens).
I start making some patch and when i save it with cubase 5 preset manager - that error from host appears again.
Error log sent to mail...
Not having much luck repeating the problem here, error log doesn't show anything useful. Will have to add some more logging functions to likely candidates for the problem. Might be a while before i can get to it tho.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I've tried but I can't get a sound out of it.
Version 0.9.220
I just get this
????
I have a usb soundcard attached and also there's the internal card available.
If I go into the ASIO it says I can't because audio isn't running

ambientlive wrote:I have a usb soundcard attached and also there's the internal card available.
If I go into the ASIO it says I can't because audio isn't running
It's not picking up your soundcards for some reason.

Do your other apps find your ASIO soundcard? What OS are you on? Could you send me the error log...

"My Documents\SongenModularErrorLog.txt"

Might be you could get it working with ASIO4All, as temporary workaround.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hi Chris
thanks for getting back

Here is the log.
I don't actually use ASIO for anything, have never needed to,
and it caused problems with non-ASIO stuff before so I avoid it.
If Sonigen must have ASIO then that's the end of it for me.

~~~Begin Log~~~
ModularStartup
Lookups generated
CJL Skin initialized
Modular Skin initialized
SSE Supported
Startup OK
ASIO::Startup
Init Dirver List
Sysdir = C:\Windows\system32
Windir = C:\Windows
End Init Driver List
ASIO::Init
ASIO::driver selected : -----------
ASIO::Init, could not create driver : -----------
ASIO::StartStreaming - driver not ready
ASIO::SampleRate = 44100
ASIO::Shutdown

edit: OS in Win 7 but I also tried compatibility mode XP SP3
I have lots of other stuff from various manufacturers all working fine.

ambientlive wrote: If Sonigen must have ASIO then that's the end of it for me.
Ahh sorry about that, yeah it only works with ASIO or as a VST plugin.

You could try SaviHost, that will wrap the plugin version and allow you to use other sound drivers than ASIO.

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

You just need a copy of the plugin dll in the same directory as a copy of savihost, with savihost renamed to the same as the plugin, but with exe extension. Eg..

SonigenModular.dll <-- plugin dll
SonigenModular.exe <-- Savihost exe renamed
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hey Chris I got it working (in savihost) most excellent !!
More later

Hi Chris,

Very nice synth, a keeper for me! however ;) I seem to be getting some clicks here and there in most patches. I don't remember seeing this in previous version. Sonigen doesn't really use any cpu on my system and I've done some comparing with Diva. Not soundwise or anything but just to see if Diva would make some clicks due to much higher cpu usage and Diva seem to stroll along fine. Not sure what is happening.

I have a core I7 920, win7 64bit using 32bit hosts.

Cheers!

Pat
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote:I seem to be getting some clicks here and there in most patches.
Could you send me a few patches that exhibit the clicks? Maybe record a small sample showing a typical click also.

I did have one other user with a similar problem but I could never replicate it on my PC and so I never got to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hi Chris, just started using this great synth... really loving it, keep up the good work. :wink:

Just want to let you know that the aftertouch controller is having no effect here. I'm on Win XP 32bit in Reaper 4.52.

It's definitely setup correctly, as switching to any other controller produces the desired effect.

Satch1 wrote: Just want to let you know that the aftertouch controller is having no effect here. I'm on Win XP 32bit in Reaper 4.52.

It's definitely setup correctly, as switching to any other controller produces the desired effect.
Yeah I just checked and it's ignoring the setting in the preferences and using channel pressure instead of polyphonic aftertouch.

edit : scratch that, it was picking up the preference.

Did you try toggling the "use polyphonic aftertouch" setting in the preferences? That switches it between "aftertouch" which is per a note controller, and "channel pressure" which is per channel.

If that wasn't the problem let me know and I'll look into it more.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Hi Chris, my MIDI keyboard isn't capable of polyphonic aftertouch so I just wanted to apply channel pressure, which it can do. I tried with the polyphonic aftertouch setting both off and on, but it wouldn't register the channel pressure.

I've tested my keyboard with other synths to make sure it's not broken.

Cheers.

I've checked again and there is a problem but I havent figured out what yet. Will get it fixed for the next update.

Thanks for the report.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Ok thanks a lot Chris, I hope it'll not be too much of a problem to fix.

Cheers :wink:

Hi Chris, just wanna say thanks for fixing the channel pressure. :tu:

You're welcome.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”