Diva: Switching presets Crashes Ableton Live 8

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using Diva 1.1.1 her with Ableton Live 8.3.4 (32bit)on Mac OSX 10.6.8 Eight core 2008 Mac Pro; 8Gb RAM.

I have noticed that sometimes Ableton crashes when switching presets in Diva.

Why on earth does this happen and has anyone else been experiencing this?

No idea. Please send Live.crash.log to support at uhe dot com

Is your 10.6.8 migrated from Tiger/Leopard? Or is it a fresh install of Diva?

It's a fresh install of 10.6.8 and a fresh install from Diva.

LFO8 wrote:It's a fresh install of 10.6.8 and a fresh install from Diva.
Ok, then it isn't a permssions problem.

So, the crash.log would be good to have, and a description that lets us reproduce this.

Thanks.

Ok so

HERE

is the crash report I just created. I hope it will be usefull.

Thanks.

U-he.. did you see my crashreport that you requested?

LFO8 wrote:U-he.. did you see my crashreport that you requested?
Ooops, ok... I hadn't seen this (mail to support at u-he dot com is always quicker)

I've downloaded it now and we'll check it out.

My first impression is, it might be a file handling problem - either permissions or exotic paths.

Please download http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Diva/Diva.log.zip and extract it to your desktop. It's a simple text file called Diva.log. Once it's on your desktop, restart Live and open Diva. Once it's crashed and Live has ended, simply send Diva.log to support at u-he dot com and we'll know more.

We will have a new beta soon anyway, so we might also send you a link for that.

Thanks,

Urs

Thank you Urs. I will do so with the log file.

Ok Urs. I have sent the Diva log.

One additive note; I noticed it only crashing when switching presets through the preset menu itself as opposed to switching through presets using the two up and down buttons on the main interface.

Thanks.

I have not been able to reproduce this and the logs are not hinting at anything suspicious either.

It might be an issue that's resolved already - at least, I hope so. There was quite some work on preset loading, specifically when there were lots of presets that were marked as junk.

We'll be releasing beta versions of our next revision of Diva soon, maybe next week. I'd suggest to check this out with the new version and see if it persists.

It doesn't happen with the preset browser on the presets page, does it? It's only in the drop down?

Cheers,

Urs

Thanks for checking Urs.

That is exactly where it happens; on the preset page.

LFO8 wrote:Thanks for checking Urs.

That is exactly where it happens; on the preset page.
Ah... I thought on the drop down list...? When clicking the edit display between the prev/next buttons?

Actually!

Can you drag a preset from the browser into another folder? Or does it crash right there when you try to drag one?

Yes, trying to drag one to another folder makes it crash. I also crashes a lot when just clicking on certain presets in the preset window.

Ok... let's see... do you have this file:

/Library/Application Support/u-he/Diva/Images/Icons/dragFiles.png

And if so, does it open in Preview?

Return to “u-he”