Plugin Alliance Christmas calendar

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

holding out holding out holding out... (probably fail miserably when bx_saturator shows up)

felou wrote:Hey Guys,

Do you know which deals have been discontinued already?
Somehow I missed one.

It has been

1) Transient Designer
2) Alpha Compressor
3) Vertigo and
4) Maag EQ

Currently active are

6) Vitalizer and
7) bx_dynEQ

What was the fifth deal?
Anyone?

Thank you, felou.
Full list of deals to date:

Day 1: SPL Transient Designer - $89 (reg. $199)
Day 2: Elysia Alpha Compressor - $119 (reg. $299)
Day 3: Brainworx bx_digital v2 Mastering EQ/Processor - $139 (reg. $329)
Day 4: Maag EQ - $99 (reg. $229)
Day 5: Vertigo VSC-2 Compressor - $119 (reg. $299)
Day 6: SPL Vitalizer MK2-T - $111 (reg. $249)
Day 7: Brainworx bx_dynEQ Dynamic EQ - $119 (reg. $299)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

:tu:

Well I'm bummed then because I was just thinking that the digital might fill a particular niche.

So the biggest thing I can come up with for this dynaq thing is that kick drum bump in this viddy at about 1:40:

http://vimeo.com/32601481

They'll likely be on sale again. They've had at least two semi-private sales where they sold 100 plug-ins for $100 each, or thereabouts. They were also having monthly offers that were less than these deals. PA has become another one of those companies that you should never pay full-price for any of their products. I'd even think twice about half-price.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Ah

Thanks to ya'll.
Especially to cryophonik.

Noveltech Character for $69 today.
Quite tempted by this.
Anyone using it?

Just got it after reading the review on SOS and a thread at GS.

If, like me, you missed out or passed on the Maag EQ deal, Plugin Alliance is selling the plugin version for $99 in honor of the hardware version winning the Resolution 2012 Award for Best EQ. Just enter the code below at checkout:

maageq4499xmas
felou wrote:Thanks to ya'll.
Especially to cryophonik.
No problem!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I had a quick test run with Character and here's my thoughts:
Easy register. Can also be registered offline.
I get about 10% cpu with the plugin and an audio file. The great thing is I think this replaces a filter and a compressor on a bus, so I think in the end you can save some CPU. Some of the Synth presets were harsh, but can be fixed by fiddling with some knobs.
Love what it does on drums. All kinds of drums. You can get a really slamming kick with this.
Same with vocals. I don't know if it double tracks vocals, but there's a Add Brightness, an Add Air which does what it says, then a plain Vocals preset which seemed to add depth, which I quite liked.
It's got about 3 vocal presets and about 3 drum presets and of those you should get a good sound. You just have to find the spot. Very smooth.
I also like the red Clip led's on the in and the out gain knobs. If you dial up a preset and the output is clipping, just dial the big Character knob back until it goes off.
It also has Mix presets to act as an exciter.
I'd say, if you want to work on something and don't want to hassle with it and can afford 69$ this is a great plugin. Will definitely be using it on tracks.

osiris wrote:I had a quick test run with Character and here's my thoughts:
Easy register. Can also be registered offline.
I get about 10% cpu with the plugin and an audio file. The great thing is I think this replaces a filter and a compressor on a bus, so I think in the end you can save some CPU. Some of the Synth presets were harsh, but can be fixed by fiddling with some knobs.
Love what it does on drums. All kinds of drums. You can get a really slamming kick with this.
Same with vocals. I don't know if it double tracks vocals, but there's a Add Brightness, an Add Air which does what it says, then a plain Vocals preset which seemed to add depth, which I quite liked.
It's got about 3 vocal presets and about 3 drum presets and of those you should get a good sound. You just have to find the spot. Very smooth.
I also like the red Clip led's on the in and the out gain knobs. If you dial up a preset and the output is clipping, just dial the big Character knob back until it goes off.
It also has Mix presets to act as an exciter.
I'd say, if you want to work on something and don't want to hassle with it and can afford 69$ this is a great plugin. Will definitely be using it on tracks.
Cheers for the info.
Might go for this,if my wallet can take the strain. :)

Resonator63 wrote:Noveltech Character for $69 today.
Quite tempted by this.
Anyone using it?
Excellent Plugin. Great Price. Recommended. :)

I'd definitely demo it first. I know they keep 2 days of specials on at one time. At least on my webpage you could still get the special for the 6th as well as the 7th. Something to do with timezone I think.
I'm with you. I'm actually dreading Christmas, because I didn't have any cash and it was very painful seeing all the Black Friday specials..... :cry:

Return to “Effects”