L.E.H. (my newest track -- feedback appreciated!) (chilltrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest track: http://soundcloud.com/trevorzink/leh

I'd love any feedback you have... creative, concept, production, mixing, etc.

Thanks for listening!
Last edited by tzink on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Trevor,
This sounds wonderful, lovely melody. Such a nice feel to it. Production, mixing, and arrangement excellent too.
What does the L.E.H. stand for?
Carol

Thanks Carol! It's encouraging to hear I'm doing something right :)
Are there things that you (or anyone else) hear that can be improved? I feel like I'm still very novice at this so I'm always looking for critique.

Oh, and L.E.H. -- it's named for my girlfriend because she particularly liked the concept of this song from the beginning ;)

Trevor,

I always remember what a former bandmate who was also a songwriter said to me one day. "It's about the feel, if you have that it means a lot more than being "perfect". Don't mess with it if it's got a great feel."

I often ruminate over a song thinking how I can make it better or perfect. This instrument needs to come up here or this one vocal note needs to be changed but sometimes changing it loses the feel. I'd rather hear a song played or sung with passion than a "perfect" take, whatever that is... And you've got the feel on this song. If there was any suggestions I would make it would make the bass sound a bit more distinct to blend in with the kick better. Maybe the gated synth could come down a bit in spots and Eq to add a bit more sparkle on the top.

But the song has a great feel and is so nice to listen to

Carol
www.carolhahn.com
www.beagleboymusic.com

Soundcloud
http://snd.sc/VtuqHy

Lovely piece! I'm not into trance per se, but this is an interesting blend of styles that works for me. 8)
Image Image

@Carol: Thanks for the feedback! You're right, sometimes it's easy to overanalyze a song and edit it into oblivion. I have several projects that died simply because I kept changing them until they were unrecognizable and I ended up hating them :p

@polyslax: I'm glad I was able to cross over into your preferences! This definitely isn't trance per se, but it is trance-y. Glad you liked it!
Check out my chunes!
www.soundcloud.com/trevorzink

Really wonderful track, I would like the percussion to sound more like house than trance but that's just my preference.

@Felixn: Thanks! I definitely wanted to keep this one on the more progressive side, but I do plan on working on a true dance/house track soon.

@Carol: Thanks for the advice about the top-end EQ. Just a few db made a huge difference in the sparkle and energy (I uploaded a new version to soundcloud if you want to take another listen). :)
Check out my chunes!
www.soundcloud.com/trevorzink

Return to “Music Cafe”